General jcink browsing

pronounsshe/he/they/the bag
75written posts
sableearned bits
offlinecurrently
sable
sable Avatar
I love myself but I hate the way I am
Finna lift my personal veto on Jcink. Fuck is up with PB. ANYWAY, I'm positive.

I'm transitioning out of a couple sites and thought about double-teaming a Jcink site with a slower-paced PB site. I've joined one Jcink-hosted site before, I just sometimes have technical difficulties with them... crossing my fingers that doesn't happen...

For me, it's super difficult to even begin looking for sites: I've a very RP-for-the-sake-of-RP type - I don't really have a genre preference.The Jcink "scene" looks way bigger than PB, so I thought a search thread could help! I super appreciate anyone dropping by with suggestions.

If I could summarize what I'm looking for, it'd be:

• No WC limit, unless it's like, 50... 25... 3 words.
  • Animanga face claims, or mixed.
  • Original setting - this might be the big one.

Pretty general! Some more specific things I don't need but would heavily appreciate:
  • If there's potential/incentive for combat, there would be some sort of system or game mechanics around it, because I always find it easier to coordinate that way.
  • I don't have to use templates!! I feel so bad taking people's stuff!
  • The most optional of all: plotting that happens outside of Discord. Again, very optional! I just don't like to chat in Discord anyway outside of plotting or encouraging people to plot with me, so I'd be acting more true to myself.

Seriously, I appreciate even looking at this thread. I know these are super general and I'm just one person so, gang.
pronounsshe/her
45written posts
lavenderearned bits
offlinecurrently
lavender
lavender Avatar
hey sable! figured i'd throw a simple life your way and see if was something you're vibing with!

we're a small farming town rp with some magical and supernatural elements thrown in for some extra spice. the site is def inspired by games like harvest moon, animal crossing, and stardew valley BUT our setting is completely original and members actually have the option of writing up and contributing to the town lore as well! we also have no word counts or limits and are animanga fcs.

we do have some site templates that were coded by the member who actually made our skin for us, but a handful of members choose not use templates so you would not be the only person if you preferred still not to use them! our discord is fairly active and seems to be where a lot of plotting takes place, however you can totally feel free to still post a plot page and request that people contact you on the site or still just join the discord and not chat in our server! whatever you would be comfortable with! when you join, you also aren't announced until you choose to speak up.

good luck with your search and hope you find something that fits you!
75written posts
sableearned bits
offlinecurrently
sable
sable Avatar
lavender Avatar
hey sable! figured i'd throw a simple life your way and see if was something you're vibing with!

Sorry for the late reply - I'm obviously busier than I thought I'd be ;-;

Once I can, I'll give your site a look! It sounds super cute.
pronounsshe/her
15written posts
glamouryearned bits
offlinecurrently
glamoury
glamoury Avatar
hey !! i'm pippa, an admin at ephemeris! we're an illustrated panfandom roleplay that's been open for six months. we have no word count and an original setting; actually, six original settings that are connected to each other - and we just put up a new skin for halloween! we have some casual lore surrounding battling denizens that are essentially spirit monsters native to each land, we have on-site templates that are optional to use, and plotting on-site and discord is about 50/50! so if you want to stick to just plotting on site, that'll work just fine <3 we also have quite a few members that are new to jcink, so if you ever need any help with anything lots of us would be thrilled to assist! i hope you consider stopping by, we'd love to see you!!

last edit on Oct 21, 2020 21:37:39 GMT by glamoury
75written posts
sableearned bits
offlinecurrently
sable
sable Avatar
God, I'm sorry, I forgot this was getting hits. Thank you two so much!

I want to update my interests with more (hyper) specific 'wants' just in case I've missed something while searching around. Jcink, ProBoards, doesn't matter, it can be fandom or original, and I'm open to RL faces. I just really want to RP:
  • Magical girl warriors - or someplace magical girl friendly: potential for team dynamics, monsters and/or designated bad guys, and a balance between slice-of-life and action.
  • A cheesy shonen sports anime setup! I saw a Haikyuu!! RP around before, something like that.
  • A setting someplace underwater. An underwater, Atlantis-like city or something. Doesn't have to encompass the whole board, I swear there was a fandom RP site that had an underwater city... Anyway, it's just been on the brain.

aliasLloydTheSchnauzer
pronounsShe/her
465written posts
Lloydyearned bits
offlinecurrently
Lloydy
Lloydy Avatar
I’m not too sure that you would be interest in us or not but I’ll throw it your way regardless. We are pretty much open to a lot of things. Feel free to catch us out~!

The Power of Belief
SET SEVERAL YEARS AFTER THE EVENTS OF RISE OF THE GUARDIANS, A BATTLE FOR BELIEF
IS ONCE MORE ON THE RISE. HAVING CRAWLED OUT OF THE DARKNESS, PITCH BLACK IS
ATTEMPTING TO TAKE THE BELIEF OF OTHERS, AIMING FOR FEAR TO SPREAD AS AN ABSENCE
OF BELIEF CONSUMES PEOPLE. THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO STAND IN HIS WAY ARE THE GUARDIANS.
WHICH SIDE WILL YOU TAKE?

The Power of Belief
3,083written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.