NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
[googlefont=Insolata]
[googlefont=Megrim]
LOST IN MERCURY

an original sci fi roleplay

Alright. I saw a few of your wants, and I have been working on making something like this come true! I've finally mulled together some ideas about how exactly it will run and what kinds of things it will have, so now I will share that with you all in an official interest check!

PREMISE

Earth is no more. All its valuable resources have been taken by the strongest forces in the galaxy. It is no longer a pretty blue, water-filled planet but a dry, desolate and nearly abandoned one. Much of humanity has taken to the stars, settling on new locales like the moons of Jupiter, and even further out on small asteroids where Space Pirates and Bounty Hunters make their name. But the Galaxy Police is never too far off to help keep the peace!

The plot starts with the whisperings of a crazed man, claiming he found the "fountain of youth" and cannot die...

GROUPS

Galaxy Police - The largest group among the stars. Their ranks include all sorts of different species and their fleet is immeasurable.
Bounty Hunter - Though "independent" they still work closely with the Galaxy Police to catch criminals and get paid for it.
Space Pirates - Mostly ruthless and unafraid to rock the boat, Space Pirates follow their own code of morals and aren't afraid to butt heads with nearly anyone.
Outlaws - Neither good or bad, Outlaws carve their own path by being unaffiliated with everyone. They're true explorers without much tying them down.
Civilians - Your average folk. They make up a majority of life on most planets. Without them, society might crumble.

RACES

Humans - Just your average bois.
Cyborgs - Humans with just a little bit extra to them. They have at least one cybernetic part on their bodies.
Androids - A restricted race? Maybe? Purely ran off an Artificial Intelligence system, they assist with repairing ships and even running them without the use of an active pilot. They can also perform duties that regular humans can, and won't, do, like maids and housekeepers, etc.
Torama - An ancient race of animal-like creatures. While some are quite humanoid in nature, there are others who retain more mammalian features like fur-covered bodies or animal-like noses.
Lafiel (Name Pending) - Intergalactic elves. They're an ancient race who helped spread their technology throughout the cosmos. They are the leaders of the Galaxy Police, yet they also let humans into their ranks sometimes.
But the universe is infinite... and so many more races are just waiting to pop up. (Members will be able to make their own; see below!)

LOCALES

Blue Haven - A hangout for pirates and outlaws. If you're looking for a bounty, you should probably go there. Galaxy Police have patrol the area outside the atmosphere, but typically they do not touch the asteroid. It could be too dangerous for them, even for a high-ranking official.
Resort Planet (Name Pending) - Once a frozen planet devoid of much else, an asteroid struck the surface many years ago and revealed magma beneath the surface. An eccentric entrepreneur took advantage of this situation and exploited much of the planet's natural hot springs to create a resort. Though the mountains may be snowy, there are geothermal springs everywhere with attendants just waiting to take your money.
Ganymede - One of the largest satellite moons of Jupiter that hosts all sorts of civilization. Much of the moon is covered in water, so many cities float atop and there are plenty of jobs along the docks.
Galaxy Police Academy - Much like Blue Haven, the GP have taken over an asteroid and made it their base of operations. Beautiful, white and pristine with clear fountains and lush green trees, it is the epitome of class and wonder. Many come here to learn all about being part of the Galaxy Police.
Wild Planet (Name Pending) - Home of the Torama. They are split into two sub-groups; the wilder Torama and the more humanoid Torama. Their lands are bountiful with strange fruits and vegetables, their scenery more like a fantasy world than futuristic. They lack many of the modern pieces of architecture, which makes it a destination to go to at least once in your lifetime.
More planets/locales to come!
• You can also make your own destinations in the "elsewhere" board. If multiple people want it to be its own board, we can make that happen for you!

MISC

• This will be hosted on JCINK.
• A lot of my inspiration comes from Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Tenchi Muyo, and others.
• There are opportunities for members to make their own races! They simply need to be approved before a character can be made using the custom race.
• Members can also register their arsenal; from things like fancy guns to spaceships to special armors. It's mostly for flavor, and if you want to show off where your group of space pirates live (for example!).

If anyone has any questions or suggestions, please reach out to me on Discord! My @ is midnightbloom#8636.
last edit on Oct 23, 2020 8:35:12 GMT by NIGHTBLOOM

coming soon.
Lost In Mercury written Nov 1, 2020 0:53:21 GMT via mobile
aliasmiddy, midnight
pronounsShe/Her
663written posts
NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
Anyone out there good at finding image references? I'm trying to compile some good images for the rp areas, species and even the member groups. PM me and let's work together! :'D

The skin is up, just need to fill it in. If anyone knows how to edit css and help me make the board wider, that'd be great too??

coming soon.
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.