Isekai Pokemon Rp

pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar

Title says it all, you wanna read blabber hit the spoilers.

The term Isekai was coined to anyone who are from a "different world" or "otherworld"  and is usually by an "accidental travel". It has several popular franchises tied to it, and the most known Pokemon franchise of this is "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon".

Just the problem with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is that its well limiting, Please don't shoot me in the head. Pokemon is a vast world with Billions of possibilities, but. PMD doesn't have humans.. It focuses on a human turned into a Pokemon who interact with other pokemon, but... What about the other humans? Are they still there? Is the Pokemon just its own little secret island or lost place? So. Here we are. Not following PMD logic and going for something more original unique... Or rather not at all depending on who you ask, but ehh here we go.

I wanna try to make a Pokemon Roleplay, the only issue I don't know what everyone wants.. Nor what they're seeking in a Pokemon Roleplay that other pokemon sites can't provide. As Such Imma Ask 6 Questions, please answer them truthfully.

1. What do you want in a Pokemon System?

I am probably going to go 100% statless, but have Levels decide if a pokemon stronger than another. then if they're same lvl, the type come into play and moves used, and if they all match then the players themselves. If they decide 'nah one gotta win' coin-flip, heads or tails boom. honestly, would rather everyone just roleplay and decide naturally versus competition.

2. What type of Setting?  Modern or Medieval? Describe to me the kind of setting

If I had to choose it'd be Medieval, buuuut Modern has cool Future Tech gadgets and well... be based around future versus past.

3. Should there be Classes? it seems to be Pokemon RP staple. If a yes, what kind of Classes? try to avoid the usual kinds ex; trainer-coordinator.

If I was to make the rp right now, with no outside influences. I'd go with.. Pokemon Class, some sort of Military force, Noble Blood, Isekai, Neutral, and Experiments or Cult. Another side note... if Classes were implemented I'd make them unique with different advantages and disadvantages.

4. Soul Binding Rituals or Crystals [assuming medieval not modern, modern will be pokemon balls instead]

I would jump to Soul Binding, because Damn the ANGST.. I mean the coughs happiness to work with a pokemon as a team >>  << .... BUUUUT  Pokemon Canon has it very very Clear Certain Crystals can be used to Store pokemon, AND I wanna see everyone's opinions.

5. Activity checks, Annual? Monthly? Or Never.

I'm not a fan of activity checks, they can kill a site... buuut I do enjoy cleaning the roleplay stats. If you're interested let me know which you prefer. Note: I do not believe you should have to post in order to keep a title, pokemon, or etc. as everyone have lives, and life just goes by faster and faster as you get older. A full week can pass without you even realizing it.

6. Isekai. The site will have them but. 100% Original? Or Allow Canons too? If canons only pokemon world Or all fandoms.

if I choose I'd allow all fandoms, but the canons will have to be transformed into a pokemon or human due to how powerful some fandoms can get. Plus if canons of other worlds were allowed, so would cameos and sneaky plot glitches.

Quick Question code:

2. What type of Setting?  Modern or Medieval? Describe to me the kind of setting

3. Should there be Classes? it seems to be Pokemon RP staple. If a yes, what kind of Classes? try to avoid the usual kinds ex; trainer-coordinator.

4. Soul Binding Rituals or Crystals [assuming medieval not modern, modern will be pokemon balls instead]

6. Isekai. The site will have them but. 100% Original? Or Allow Canons too? If canons only pokemon world Or all fandoms.

Last final thing. I will 100% probably doing this on proboards, if anyone wants to do the Site Skin and begs to bring it to Jcink.. I-I..I-I will be willing to do so. it buuuuuuuuuurns  just assuming 500% nobody will be interested in this thread, again lots of Pokemon rps out there. **points wildly to the awesome ones** which nobody does reply answering the questions, then I'll move on with my life with a head held high.
last edit on Nov 1, 2020 23:37:31 GMT by Ginger
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,236written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
honestly? the fewer systems, the better. i don't want to deal with levels. i don't want to deal with move limits. i don't want to deal with abilities. i don't want to deal with a battle system. i know this is not what pokemon sites do and it makes me sad but we all know that by this point my heart and soul craves a simple system along the lines of pokemon conquest where it's a casual slice-of-life realistic kind of setting and you have a v limited team size and there's no levels, only friendship tiers for evolution that improve as you make friends with your pokemon through normal interactions with them.

2. What type of Setting? Modern or Medieval? Describe to me the kind of setting
i have a personal preference towards a modern setting, but that's just because i have a limited tolerance for medieval stuff tbeh. tbeh i think a pokemon site setting is gonna be much more make-or-break in terms of scale for me just because a smaller setting forces characters to interact more easily / frequently, and since i just want to be able to rp a flower shop girl in a single town and not get screwed over for activity because no one else is in this part of the region, y'know, scale is important.

please no. please. let them be basic occupations, not actual site systems. i do not have literally any nostalgia for when we tried to make actual working systems around trainer classes, it was the worst and i hated it, i do not want to go back.

depends. elaborate rituals are a no thanks, but i do like the idea of something along the lines of conquest where like "oh man this pokemon and i have a close bond and we will bring out the best of each other and that will make us stronger" and also where it's a bit more realistic for just... you can't have 500 pokemon you keep stored in your pc because you have to care for all of them and pokemon cruelty is a big no.

monthly because imo people ghost all the time and it's not fair to hold up those claims in limbo when someone's ditched three months ago and didn't say a word. basic interest checks are neat for just "yeah i'm still here and i still want all my characters" but imo please also have a fail safe for the person who checks in for six months and hasn't posted in that time tbeh (i say where i probably will be that jerk oops-).

listen, i would be super over the moon for a concept where i'd be able to do a "personification" for like "my fc is naruto and for this i will be making naruto but he's not a ninja, he's just a nerd who became a youtuber with all his friends and they do stupid things together" because i love this as a concept. i would be feral for it just as a site idea on its own because it's that neat. i would want to do it for so many of my characters it's not even funny. but i also know it is not everyone's cup of tea so even though i think isekai would actually work really well for having that be the neat thing for it (and i remember the "panfandom pokemon" idea from over a year ago and i'm still feral for it) but obviously ymmv so. yeah.

i think the biggest thing you'll have to keep in mind is being careful about trying to do too much / trying to do something that the elements don't work well together for. like i think an isekai-style "personified" panfandom in a vr-mmo style setting reminiscent of digimon where the pokemon are always nearby and it's fine (in regards to things like wailord not ruining everything) and you can teleport around and there's quest systems for level progression via pve style dungeon threads (and yes i'm aware it's my idea for link cable but listen i know i'm never going to have the energy to do it myself, i've accepted that and moved on with my life, but that doesn't mean i don't think it's a neat concept and would be happy to hand it off to someone who would do it justice). but i also know if it's not done well, the elements won't work well together, and that is not a good combo when you're also trying to balance two stat-heavy and staff-demanding site concepts together against the need to minimize systems to prevent powercreep and staff burnout. it's a pain. there's a reason why i have walked away from both genres and refuse to go back.

but also i'd be careful balancing just. what you want to do with the site vs what other people want to do with the site vs what isn't being done in the wider pokemon community. since like. imo there isn't really a pokemon site right now that offers that detective pikachu style "realistic city/town setting but with pokemon as flavor" and i know i would probably not be the only one hyped for that as a concept, but that definitely doesn't seem to be where your heart is at so i wouldn't try to wrestle the idea to fit into that if it just.... wouldn't jive well or isn't what you want to do. so. yeah. tl;dr don't put all your eggs in the basket of "the pokemon community doesn't fill this niche" or "people say they want this" if it's just not going to work out for what the site you want to build is. build the site you want to rp on first and go from there in terms of whether you think you can fit anything else in alongside that.

Stardust in me
aliasEm, Dragon
pronounsShe/Her/Hers
773written posts
rabbitearsearned bits
offlinecurrently
rabbitears
Part of the Furniture
rabbitears Avatar
We're motivated by the stars that we're made of
I hate systems. None is preferable.

Medieval would be cool and unique.

Breeder is my fav.

Rituals!

Never, but keep an eye on activity behind the scenes.

IDK what that is.
aliasBunny
pronounsThey/Them/Their
151written posts
★BUNNY★earned bits
offlinecurrently
★BUNNY★
★BUNNY★ Avatar
This bunny knows that not having a system for Pokemon is virtually unrealistic due to the mechanics built around it: fighting. However, this bunny would adore storytelling and development! So if there was a system, could it perhaps revolve around that? This bunny has managed two sites in his lifetime and knows how things that heavily lean on Battle Systems and Level mechanics that are overly complex can fail horribly! Also, pretty aware how systems for acquiring Pokemon can also become very dramatic.

A suggestion would be a system for what Pokemon to start with and perhaps rewarding the members for putting effort into plotting! Would love to see a system that fully utilizes tiers rather than levels and scale them depending on factors at mod discretion rather than some set mechanic. Would love to see a site where there are kind and good admins/moderators that the members can trust and vice versa, especially with writing.

Setting? This is kind of a toughie for me. If medieval, then this bunny suggests something akin to the Rensai Region, but augmented slightly? Such as the Seventeen (?) nations being reduced to a good few (Maybe eight) original areas in a war torn era of the world? Could see some used factions such as Imperial Forces and Kingdom Alliances being the heart of the region’s drama and plots (Kind of combined Three Houses and Pokemon Conquest together in this bunny’s head...and he liked it)!

If Modern, perhaps a canon region but it is augmented beyond recognition? Celadon City becoming a capital chemical production and Saffron City being a fallen capital? Kind of have some kind of desire for a plot that will encourage some drama, rifts, and encourage more interaction with others; but also gives the nostalgia and familiarization for old fans and new fans who want to write.

No. This bunny does not think so. It restricts the character from freely doing things. What if Flower Girl Marie suddenly wanted to learn how to be a Fire Breather? What if Swimmer Jack wanted to become a Chef! They should not be held back by such stereotypes! T_T

Hmm...perhaps Crystals? But not exactly Crystals. Stones were more or less Pokemon’s thing (Evolution Stones, Sync Stones, Mega Stones). So perhaps more lucid stones like Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald and Topaz with the three of them denoting to a faction and one of them denoting to a common class (Amethyst, Obsidian, and other stone colors would not be out of the question).

Soul Binding COULD work but just a bit unclear how that would go there. Perhaps a religion revolving around a particular Pokemon known for that? Magnera and her Soul-Heart particularly would be timeless objects of that theme (and it did exist during medieval period).

Well, if it is on the forum, perhaps? This bunny utilizes Activity Checks and responds to them because...umm...not too fond of Discord nor anyone having contact with him this way due to boundary reasons.

Not sure if this bunny understands the question...but are you asking if other fandoms characters from other series would be in this Pokemon RP or would it be Pokemon characters from different facets of the series?

In any case, the original seems best if it is medieval. The only characters that were in the medieval series from Conquest were actually Dynasty Warrior characters. There was nothing wrong with it, and their counterparts were great, but not too fond of canons (and visibly bias) because I have seen a pattern of members who usually adopt those canon characters who do not plot beyond canon character associations. But please do not overgeneralize this bunny’s observation. It was just something noticed from my point of view. x_x
pronounsshe/he/they/the bag
75written posts
sableearned bits
offlinecurrently
sable
sable Avatar
I love myself but I hate the way I am
For fun because Calyrex single-handed killed my interest in Pokemon RP ;-;

Hypothetically, what I would want for my ideal Pokemon site that hasn't been done by other sites: simple battle system; stripped-down; world-building!! Nobody world-builds...

1. I think you need a battle system. Writing combat without a system is very tedious. There's no incentive for someone to win because there's no assurance that someone can lose. Theoretically, battles could go on forever until the players involved get bored. Ripping something equivalent to the games is overwhelming and would likely result in the opposite end of the scale in regards to tedium, so I would look into some basic ttrpg systems for inspiration like Roll 20. You could observe combat threads on other RP sites and determine whether or not they work, and shape your system accordingly.

What other types of systems would you need implementing, though? I'm just assuming the most necessary one. Like, will players be catching Pokemon -- do you intend to moderate that? Will there be breeding -- do you intend to moderate that?

2. Out of the two, I would prefer modern. If you wanted a twist related to isekai, I think doubling down on some of the sci-fi elements of the series could be fun.

3. I hate classes, personally. I don't see the point unless it's faction-based. I'd rather it be Captain Crunch Oops! All Breeders or Oops! All Coordinators than have like fifteen different systems competing for attention, 'cause that's what ultimately happens.

4. Nani the fuck. Sure?? (I guess this is why I don't like medieval LMAO)

5. Monthly. Idk don't you like the catharsis of kicking people off... is that just me.....

6. Honestly, I like Kuroya's idea of a panfandom Pokemon site, just for the meme of, like, Dante the Pokemon Trainer. I think I would lean all-original because lol
last edit on Nov 2, 2020 16:04:46 GMT by sable
pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar

Thank you for everyone who commented in this thread answering the questions, the answers really gave one to think about. Especially liked the system suggestion of using Storytelling and Plot Development for a possibility, kinda makes you wanna think about how to tie a system to character's personal Archival development, as well the Writer's experience on the forum too.

I was originally going to make commentary to each individual person, then thought better not to do that due to chance of coming off wrong. As well, I don't plan to make this roleplay, it seemed a pointless effort. However a response is still required, and I'd hate myself to leave this alone for good.

The questions were more to create a poll-tally system of what the people who replied wanted, as well more high detail so that I wouldn't missinterrupt as.. "Oh just City" or "oh no system" etc... Thus, here are the tallies.

1. It was basically system or no system.
No system: 2, system: 1, plot system: 1, DND system: 1.

2. Modern or medieval

Modern: 2, medieval: 1, either: 1

3. Classes yes or no?

Classes: 1, no classes: 2, factions: 1

4. Pokemon connecting
Ritual: 2, both-either: 2

5. Activity checks
Monthly: 2, behind scenes: 1

6. Panfandom? Original?

Confused: 1, original: 1, yes: 1

Okay, Now for final response and summarizing the data in a combination effort that maybe one day could be explored to create an actual site project.

If I were to make this site, based on everyone's response it'd look like this.

A pokemon roleplay that only uses a Cbox no Discord, the setting be part of a world who had thanks to Trainers Meddling into Legendary Pokemon affairs has advanced way past to Our own Personal Word's technology. However a huge flaw has befallen the world, No legendaries to keep balance.. Why with Scientists having the God, Arceus Captive under their experimental control discovered powerful ways of creating Massive Devices capable to splitting the world into two. If not the Pokemon themselves, such as Gardevoir and Black Holes.

This action Causing rips of other worldly energies catching various people or things from other worlds, these 'trapped' end up in in this Pokemon world. At some point of the roleplay after members get settled in the rp, various events will happen based on Legendaries attempting to make escape their high Science Imprisonments reaching out to various Pokemon, Trainers, Isekais.. Whoever hear their cries of desperation.

The.. Foolish.. Actions... Free them, Causing the Legendaries to be split in Full out War. Do humans have the Right to Control them? After all not all Legendaries were mistreated, some thanks to Humans helped their homelands.

With growth of the chaos causes more things to slip into their realm... Things the members can vote and nominate on, all thrown to this World Wide War. Thus at some point, Members could possibly pick a side and earn points for that team. Perhaps.. Team Harmony, Team Perseverance, and Team Order.

Characters will be Placed into a Ranking System the First Characters made will end up top of the list, and each time a character is made they're added to the bottom of this list. Every Character starts with just 10 Rank points, and whomever has the highest rank points will be just considered strongest of the characters.

These ranks won't be decided by levels, Pokemon counts, or really any real stat. They'd be decided based on a Character's Activity and Development on the forum. There will be 4 Ways to earn these ranking points.

1. Each Emotional moment of Character growth, will earn them 5 Points. Members, can report when they feel a character has a made a choice that is shown to have character growth, then they're to show the Thread of this growth. Example would be a Selfish character sacrificing a gold statue to save another, Or a character who always says 'yes' to obeying others stand up taking leadership.

2. Participating in Site-Wide Events, this can be done 2 ways. 1. Mention the events going on, you don't have to actually be in the center of City Explosion, easily mention it offhanded in another thread. Now being there earn you 5 points, mentioning it will be 1-3 points depending on that character's details on the event.

3. Member to Member Plotting, Its not right for people to focus on just their friends or only certain people. But I think if you branch out with other members and manage to get 2 completed threads, Both those characters should get 5 points each. Bonus 10 Points if the characters never interacted before.

4. Multiple characters in a thread, If there is more than 2+ characters in a thread, each new character gains all the characters in that thread 1 point. HOWEVER if the same member has more than 2 characters, they do not count. IT HAS TO BE OTHER MEMBERS.

Pokemon can be Earned randomly in threads, however Members can only have a max of 3 pokemon per Character at a time. This is due to alienation, busy threads, and just helps keeps a focus on these characters.

The Site WILL NOT place its events on Focus of Catching, Breeding, and/or other Methods of getting Pokemon.. But Rather the Story and World itself, It'd Encourage people to bound with a Singular Pokemon.. LIKE A LINK.

Any Character who LINK'S UP with their 1 Spirit-Kinned Pokemon, will gain 10 Rank Points. Pokemon Can Evolve when the Member Feels that pokemon has been Emotionally Developed to 'teen' or 'adulthood', or simply by chance of stumbling into a Zone or stone. How A Character Link-Up with their Pokemon is up to that Member, can be by "friendship", "Scientific Engineering", "Legendary Embrace", "Cult Devices", and/or "Spiritual Connection".

Activity checks would've been at the End of Every month, ending at the end of the First week of a month. It'd been done by having a character respond to a Blog post summary of the Biggest thread.

All who entered the Pokemon world will be forced into a human or pokemon body, versus keeping their Original Canon forms of other worlds. They'll be able to keep 1 item from their Original inventory of their universe, but weakened to pokemon levels. If the Canon character died in their world, they can be Reincarnated into the Pokemon world, with 'some' memories or habits intact.

Whelp, I did it, laid everything out to scare everyone away. Now, I have completed the task I promised to do. Sorry everyone for the wait, and my Much Much procrastination. As of now, I have 1 more thread to make..Night, All. THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN CLOSED.
last edit on Nov 27, 2020 0:44:47 GMT by Ginger
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.