aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,504written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
This right here, ! I'm sure there are other ways to do it, and maybe they're easier, but as someone with no graphics program to draw and export coordinates, this pen has literally saved my life. :'D
praise the cats!
aliasthomas, breezescodes
pronounshe/him
820written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
bc Avatar
this is my murder mittens ^-^
the one that leap just linked works pretty well and i've used it in the past! other's that i recommend are:

- jxnblk's paths pretty simple to use, may need to play a little around with it // restrained by one canvas size tho sooo may not be as useable, but good to play around with i think?
- yqnn's svg path editor looks complicated, isn't quite as complicated, but you still may need to play around with it // has a lot of rlly useful features, but you'll need a bit of an understanding of svgs

i'd highly recommend going w what leap linked if you're just starting out with svg paths. i prefer the two i linked (or, really, the second one i linked) because a) not as limited by the grid even though you can turn it off, b) i tweak constantly and since the codepen has no way of saving your svg, it can be a pain to re-enter stuff.

however, the codepen is definitely way more beginner friendly/a little easier to use without having to think about all the numbers n stuff. the other two aren't as self-explanatory, and the latter has a lot of little stuff that ?? do something? helpful, but you have no heckin' clue what they actually do/how they work. takes a lot of tests n playin' around alsdjfk. that being said if you're anything like me, you might eventually want to consider it since it makes tweaking things to your perfectionistic tendencies (exact pixels aslkdfj) easier.

[also linking as just a general resource for anyone else who stumbles upon this thread]
last edit on Nov 19, 2020 14:50:17 GMT by bc
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.