offlinecurrently
von
von Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tutor"]

[attr="class","tutor-head"]

JCINK SKINNING

LOOKING FOR A STUDENT

[attr="class","fa fa-chevron-down"][attr="class","fa fa-chevron-down"][attr="class","fa fa-chevron-down"]

[attr="class","tutor-body1"]

So recently, i've made it known to people in this forum regarding my thoughts about the state of animanga skinning community. It's really embarrassing for me to post this because, i feel like it wasn't that too long ago when i was engaged to Out Of Control and began my coding and skinning journey. I remember starting skinning, like, right after I did my third(?) template, and have been addicted to it since then. I'm relatively young in this community, and i've always looked at myself as a forever-student that could learn so much on my talented peers like and . It's why being a mentor is such a strange thing for me to be LMAO. However, this community have given so much to me. Skinning is a huge part of my life now, it has made me learn so much things about myself. I mean, i am colorblind, i've never even thought i will ever be half of what I can do now. I really think it's high time to give back. I don't know if whoever is considering this have a lack of muse or something, but I hope this can give you a push past your doubts and start skinning.

[attr="class","tutor-body2"]

Since i've already tried making a tutorial, and it didn't really work for me. It's better for me to see the progress of the ones i'm teaching, hence im going for a mentoring type and we can discuss on discord. I will help in manifesting the project in your mind and will give my thoughts through chat. I will be careful to thread into the aesthetics that you're going for while giving tips that i've gathered through years to make a more interesting visual. I don't want this to be too big so two, at most, is what i'm looking.

[break][break]

WHAT IM LOOKING FOR

[break][break]

• Someone with necessary muse to start and finish a project.
  • I would like to focus on front-end designing and to further improve it, so it's preferable if you already have knowledge of CSS and HTML and can already do templates.
  • Can take constructive criticism and manifest it into project.
  • If you're interested, post in this thread. It will also help me a lot if you can describe your plans for your project.

[break][break]

CONTENTS & EXPECTATIONS

[break][break]

• A little course on necessary tabs for JCink skinning and how they work.
  • Starting a design language for your project
  • General tips for QoL.
  • Peer review for front-end improvements
  • I'm thinking of moving on to each of Jcink skin parts per week.

[googlefont="Quicksand"] [googlefont="Karla"]

[newclass=".tutor"]width:500px; box-shadow:rgba(5,5,5,0.2) 0 1px 15px; margin:0 auto; background:#efefef;[/newclass]

[newclass=".tutor-head"]background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0e/47/e3/0e47e35eca2206acf7263499b19d38fb.jpg) #222 center bottom/cover; background-blend-mode:multiply; text-align:center; padding:70px 40px 30px; color:#999; font:bold 15px Karla; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".tutor-head h1"]font:200 45px Quicksand; margin:0; color:#93b74d; letter-spacing:0;[/newclass]

[newclass=".tutor-head div"]margin:30px 0 0;[/newclass]

[newclass=".tutor-head div i"]display:inlne-block; color:#93b74d; margin:0 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".tutor-body1"]padding:50px; text-align:justify; font:13px/170% Karla;[/newclass]

[newclass=".tutor-body1 b"]color:#3c13b9; font-size:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".tutor-body2"]padding:50px; background:#222; color:#999; font:13px Karla;[/newclass]

[newclass=".tutor-body2 h4"]border:#555 solid 2px; display:inline-block; padding:5px 7px; color:#eee;[/newclass]

[newclass=".tutor-body2 li"]margin:0 0 10px; color:#93b74d;[/newclass]

[newclass=".tutor-body2 span"]color:#aaa; line-height:150%;[/newclass]

[newclass=".tutor-body2 p"]line-height:150%; text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".tutor-body2 b"]font-size:15px; color:#93b74d;[/newclass]

last edit on Feb 2, 2021 21:08:14 GMT by von
all hail Garfield and the Holy Lasagna
pronounsshe/her
403written posts
dijit.exeearned bits
offlinecurrently
dijit.exe
dijit.exe Avatar
no talk me angy
i volunteer as tribute! or, i'd like to show interest in this at least :etto: I've taken some classes for coding, but overall my brain is a wet sandwich in terms of practically using the information. I have made a couple f2u templates and amassed a codepen clutterfest if you wanna peak.
last edit on Feb 3, 2021 3:13:55 GMT by dijit.exe
pronounshe/him
880written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
we will have peace at any cost
oh snap i didnt realize we could direct reply to this haha

BUT YO ME!! I already know the basics, ive toiled away on skins myself, and made a template before (it’s a box but ya know whatever)

im also in general looking to learn how to make accessible skins that, while not flashy, are simple enough to use but prettier than the jcink default. im not working or going to school rn so i have a LOT of free time to learn and hone my skills
last edit on Feb 4, 2021 5:40:21 GMT by Desmond Miles

Now serving!
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Blue, Aki, Kazzie
pronounsAny
4,128written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
oof. i would love to learn but unfortunately i only know proboards coding. i know that the basics are the same but jcinks admin panels confuse the ever living crap out of me. Still. I would really love to learn if it was offered. I've been meaning to move to jcink for years and am currently in school for web design because i love it enough to waste 4 years of my life and tens of thousands of dollars. haaa...
last edit on Feb 3, 2021 3:36:31 GMT by AkiraTsunami

write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW