1,774written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
*casually slides in here*

Hey there ! I think The Duality of Man might be a good fit for you! If it helps calm your worries of quick closing times, we have been open for approximately 3 years now with no intentions of closing our doors any time soon. We usually have daily posts or at least daily messages in the Discord! However, members do make an effort if we see members online who prefer on-site chats only. We are a friendly community who enjoy plotting with one another and really enjoy spending time together playing games in the writing low periods.

We are a high-fantasy ProBoards role-play site that caters to both newer members and those who cannot be consistently active. Our activity check is a simple post and tag your characters and our rules demonstrate a similar laxness. Our application has minimal requirements with us just requiring one paragraph appearance, a paragraph or traits list for personality, abilities listings for control and explanations and at least a paragraph of history. We are also open about which face claims can be used.

Anyways, I hope we fit what you are looking for! I love seeing people return to role-play and we have a few people who have returned to RP already on the site. If not, I hope you have good luck searching and find a perfect fit! c: Anyways, I will leave you with a toned-down overview of our plot!

PLOT OVERVIEW
Around two thousand years ago began the war which decimated the peace between species, the war between Heaven and Hell. When Akari (Heaven's Goddess) and Volos (Hell's God) began a large-scale war, people began betraying one another to fight for the god they believed in. The war went down in history as the War of Traitors and was a brutal brawl that was fought on Earth, the gateway between Heaven and Hell. After two-hundred years of dealing with the war, the Earth god, Enki, was forced to search for a way to cease the destructive fighting. He spoke with both Akari and Volos, but each side refused to stop the war and bring peace to the dimensions. With little choice, Enki turned to the god of Purgatory, Thanatos. Their solution was to seal Akari and Volos to their realms, closing the gates between Hell and Heaven's gateways to Earth. They were successful, the gates being sealed so nobody could enter the dimensions and nobody could leave. After sealing the gates, Thanatos was forced to return to his realm while Enki hid away and drifted into a deep sleep. Once the gods disappeared, the species on Earth began only seeing the differences of one another, the scars of the war running deep.

Years passed, the war sparked a need for a revolution in the eyes of one woman who would later be feared by all. In 1454, a woman named Zeredah stated things needed to change and promised happiness to all. At first, there were people agreeing with the statement until Zeredah displayed why people needed to fear her. The enforcers of her ideas were shadow creatures of varying shapes and mutated animals with metal implements. The rules became more strict as she proceeded to explain, and while some agreed, a majority decided to fight against Zeredah. The sudden brawl was brief, but they managed to push away the sickening creatures, although, a new war was on the horizon. After her loss, Zeredah formed the Assembly of Phantoms (AP) and became more determined to spread her ideas across the globe and to fight against her, the Terror Response Syndicate (TRS) was formed. Alas, the scars of the past continue to cause fights among the TRS, with some cities, like Lorsette, wondering if they survived the years in the future. Are you a hero or a villain? And are you prepared to show the duality of man?

ic for a dystopian fantasy role-play
pronounshe/him
728written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
Hey don't know if you're still looking but can I recommend Ramora Weyr? We've been around for a year since our reboot, and most of our members have no intentions of going anywhere. We are a fandom site that requires no knowledge of our canon to play, though we use RL faces and original art claims only. We are a dragon bonding site with medieval technology and no magic, with a few weird Setting Quirks that we just handwave.

It's relatively easy to get involved. Just pick up an adoptable or a candidate or a Want Ad, and you should be good to go. We're quite welcoming and accept all levels of play. We've got an extremely easy application system and we're willing to help you spitball characters and make sure they fit the lore before you write them out. Once you get into Pern, the dragons will hook you in. It's free serotonin. Come get some!

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.