Don't Surrender: A Steampunk Dystopia

pronounshe/him/his
13written posts
saintearned bits
offlinecurrently
saint
saint Avatar

Song that inspired this entire concept!

I posted in the quick interest thread about this idea that I've been thinking about for a while. It was more or less a summary of what the site would be about, but I figured it would be better to go into detail into a separate thread so people can get a better idea of what the site is. I noticed there isn't much steampunk or at least steampunk elements in general, so I decided instead of waiting for someone to do it, I can do it myself.

I introduce to you Don't Surrender: a Steampunk dystopian roleplay mixed with fantasy, Solarpunk and futuristic elements that focuses on the injustice and suffering from a newly reformed government that once promised the country a better future after a war that broke out between another country.

Premise: To give some context, I want to quickly go over the events that leads up to the actual conflict among others that are tied to it. The country in question is called Lexim. It was home to who they were dubbed as Lucians amongst their own kind, but were also labelled as Mutants. Lucians were beastlike folk that either resembled to Humans in appearance, humanoid, or just a beast all together. Their technology, architecture, and food were built on the beauty of nature, the well structured buildings within the green and wild, the bright and colorful with the earthy and solid. What made them so special was their manifestation that was called Medeis (also called magic by Humans) and being able to use their abilities.

They were invaded by Humans and essentially industrialized the country into a more Steampunk direction. Lucians were oppressed for hundreds of years and after many years of endless fighting, they finally regained their rights. Many Humans as well have joined to fight the oppressive regime that had hurt them as well. The government was later overthrown and replaced by a more balanced and neutral system.

A few months after the Lucians' liberation, the country that the Humans came from didn't approve of the equality that the Mutant received and declared war on Lexim. It was grueling since the Human country had better resources (now Lexim it's true that some resources were transferred to it, but back then the weaponry were considered weak since the Lucians relied more on Medeis. Even with Medeis, the Human Country managed to deal more carnage). In the end Lexim managed to win but the country was left in nearly shambles. They turned to the government to help bring the country back up on its feet, but have done nothing. Another revolution had started and were eventually overthrown.

This time the Lucians have retained back their positions, ones that ruled the country with an iron fist for their own egotistical needs. Humans became the new discriminated and oppressed creatures while even a regular Lucian was also getting screwed over. Not as much as Humans per se, but it's still an extremely alarming concern.

Gangs have been made to protect each other while sharing a motive that range from overthrowing the government yet again to just trying to survive. The rich Mutants exercise their abuse with ease and people of both races and all backgrounds are left to either survive on their own or with other people. Murder, stealing, anything to keep themselves alive.

Forum: This will be on Jcink since I'm a lot more familiar with it and comfortable. A friend of mine is already helping me get a skin!

Rating: Dont' know if I want to go premium or not, so for now it'll be PG13/2-1-2.

Face Claims: Animanga. Maybe original art too so as long as you give credit.

Profile: Either a shipper app or a profile one depending on the skin being used.

Medeis/Magic: Lucians are born with magic and Humans are able to learn it (will be explained in more detail on the site). I did mention it would be elemental only, but I decided to add more. There are five classes: Natura (elemental), Cadaver (physical), Animo (mental), Nota (familiars), and Mortuo (necromancy). They can be used as either spells or just regular techniques. You'll be able to start with one and earn another one ic or through an even. You may only have maximum of 3 (or 2) classes.

Weapons: Weapons are, while optional, also allowed. Guns, explosives, and melee can be used. There will be a shop if you'd like to buy some weapons. They'll be mainly steam and solarpunk, but there are some futuristic elements added to the mix so that can be allowed as well.

Races: Humans and Lucians. They're mutants, but I wanted them to have a cooler name lol.

'kay so the premise was more longer than quicker, but hopefully I didn't waste too much of your time lol. Most stuff will be more on the extensive lore such as the full history of Lexim, its events, the Human takeover, all of that good stuff will be optional to read. Pretty much anything very lore heavy will be optional readings. I made a Discord server for anyone that wants to stick around, see what ideas are made, and even add in their own ideas to really make the slight flourish.

Thanks for taking the time to read this regardless if you're interested or not! Bonus points if you are, too!

Discord server

last edit on Apr 6, 2021 14:48:08 GMT by saint
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.