site search

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
i don’t really expect anything to come out of it, but i thought i’d throw my hat into the ring and post up a site search because it’s not like i’ll lose anything by posting one, so! i’ll just go run down a list of things i’m looking for and what i care about quickly:

> i’d prefer for it to be based off of an original plot/premise — i don’t particularly enjoy scifi, but if it’s not heavy scifi (just scifi elements) that’s perfectly fine! if it’s based off of something, i don’t want to have to know the source material in order to participate. please no pokemon or digimon — there’s nothing wrong with either i just seriously do not know anything about them.

> i would prefer it if the site was fairly active w…more than one ic thread post per day and more than like. two posts per two weeks. the activity rules don’t have to be strict, but i would appreciate it if it was a relatively medium/fast-paced site regardless of post length.

> i am 17. obviously i cannot rp on 18+ sites, so i’m looking for sites that allow rpers under 18, and i cannot seriously underline this point but i am looking for sites that are okay with underage rpers. i understand that some rpers are not comfortable rping with minors! that’s perfectly fine! but even if your site is ostensibly okay with underage rpers in the rules etc., if your memberbase is not interested in rping with minors...do not recommend your site to me. again, there’s nothing wrong w it! but realistically there’s...kind of no point in me joining a site where no one is really interested in rping w/me.
pronounshe/him
729written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
Might be a good fit based on what you've outlined.

Ramora Weyr is a Dragon Riders of Pern RP that alters a lot of canon to the point where most of our members haven't read the source material. You can just ask me to help you design your first character, but if you understand that we're medieval with no magic and a feudal social structure, you should be fine to make a character. We're sci-fi-ish? It's soft scifi to explain dragons and some of our animals and plants, as well as being on a foreign plant, but Pern plays more like Low Medieval Fantasy than scifi. We only allow original characters, and we come up with our plots with member input.

We have an ooc culture of being 16+ and we have a few other 17 and 18 year olds on the site. Our only rule with minors on the site is that we don't give them access to mature threads, but considering this is a small part of our site and we've had 2 threads there in a year, don't worry too much. You shouldn't have problems finding an RP partner due to your age.

We are Very Fast Paced, but with lax activity rules and occasional quiet weeks. However, even during quiet weeks, you can usually find someone posting. We had about 1300 posts last month, so we do go zoom. We have a culture of shorter posts to keep the action moving, and we do not usually use post templates.

The focus of the site is based around dragon riders fighting a spore known as Thread, and then the political drama and day to day drama of being a dragon rider (or a wher handler, the cousins to dragons). One dealbreaker may be that we don't do animanga faces, as we require realistic appearances, but we allow free-to-use art and original art. We have a few adoptable dragons and want ads if you want to jump right into a plot, and we have some open ranks as well if you're interested in those! Again, most of Ramora is happy to help you get accustomed to Pern without needing to read too much information, and we're very lax on what is and isn't allowed character-wise.

I should be working on a restructure of information and a new skin to make things easier to jump into as well, but we love helping people anyway so you shouldn't have to wait on that ^^.
last edit on Apr 12, 2021 18:43:41 GMT by illidan main

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
ahhh thank you !! ultimately i was looking for an animanga site as i did post my req on an animanga resource comm but it's not a deal breaker, so i'll check it out atm — sorry for not getting back to you earlier, was lost in school stuff OTL
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

I'm not sure this type of thing would interest you, but you could definitely check out Final Will! We are an inuyasha-based roleplay predominantly set in Tokyo in 1998. We aren't just focused on canons though and you don't have to know the series to become a member, which is great if you're looking to play an original, because there is a nice variety of species options, and you're also capable of writing in the sengoku jidai boards too! Characters are able to have powers as they go through their daily lives and most of them have been "reborn" into the modern world and trying to piece together their past life. Although our memberbase is small right now, we are trying to become more active. We are PG-14 and support mature concepts, but are not 18+ so we do not divulge in any uncomfortable content.

We're pretty accepting of everyone, as long as they're not rude! We're kinda lax though -- and only require characters to post twice a month, which seems fair for something that is meant to be character-driven and casual. But, we just opened, so we're not too busy just yet, and currently just have a small handful of people. Still trying to kick the site into gear and all, but you're welcome to join if it appeals to you :)

If not, I hope you find what you're looking for!
last edit on Apr 27, 2021 1:45:32 GMT by Deleted
446written posts
wolfeearned bits
offlinecurrently
wolfe
wolfe Avatar
Gonna post because I enjoyed roleplaying with you on previous sites and other fandom inspired sites posted first. We meet your activity requirements and arguably even the plot one -- given that we're basically doing whatever we want in the RWBYverse 60 years before the show starts in huge timeline divergences from canon due to IC member actions. We stat based site with systems, which might be a dealbreaker but frankly Endorrain had more systems than we did I think. More accurate to call us RWBY inspired rather than RWBY AU at this point, so not knowing canon honestly probably a plus because I've been known to straight up ignore show/book canon that conflicts with site canon in the past and will continue to do so in the future. Blurb below.

The Remnant Project is set twenty-eight years after the Great War in an AU timeline and is focused primarily on the struggle between Council forces and the so-called "Revolutionary League" in a brewing civil war. The site has a progression system that is designed to last through years of user play, and will attempt to deliver on the fantasy of starting off weak and progressing into a legitimate hero with a list of significant accomplishments worthy of someone with that title by way of giving people clear ways to enact change in the world and site events that will change the setting in both big and small ways over time.

ENTER

ADVERTISINGRULES AU HISTORYDISCORD
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Blue, Aki, Kazzie
pronounsAny
4,130written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
Hello! We would be glad for you to come check us out! We've got an animanga only, original rp. It's on proboards, so we're pretty strict with mature content, and you have to opt in to the nsfw channels on discord. Being that you're younger, you don't have to do such a thing. Nsfw content stays in nsfw channels or in private messages between members, so there's no worries about that. We're pretty active and have been established for the last 2 years. There's a lot of different plot things going on all the time, and don't worry, it will find you. As for activity, we're all pretty active, both on site and in discord. Most of us are adults with lives and kids and work and school, so we understand that life can get in the way, but for the most part, replies come really quickly. Please feel free to come check us out!

Remnants of Fate

internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,786written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.