Rolling a site search

pronounsShe-Her
99written posts
Elaysaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Elaysa
Elaysa Avatar
I'm actually a cat person
Okaaaay, after a short break from roleplaying, I'd love to get myself involved again! I'm looking for some sites that would welcome an awkward bean like me. So, here I am, open for suggestions~! Just a quick note, I'm quite picky when it comes to sites, but don't let that discourage you, I'm just hella indecisive.

· · · · Quick blurb about me and the stuff I'd like to RP:
» Looking for an animanga site, not RL.
» I prefer Jcink over ProBoards, but it's not a deal-breaker for me.
» I have a plethora of OCs. The character I would absolutely love to play is a quirky, yet intelligent detective (think Sherlock Holmes, I suppose?), but I have other characters as well. I'm not opposed to creating a brand new OC for a site, but, yeah, my muse is screaming for a detective character right now.
» My activity might be a bit sporadic. I generally try to post once in every two-three days (I can do multiple posts a day if the time and muse are right). Nevertheless, I would prefer a site with lenient activity standards (nothing that would banish me into the archives after not posting for two weeks), nothing too strict.
» I love to plot, but it oftentimes takes me a while to actually approach somebody about plotting. I tend to be quite silent on Discord servers, so I'm looking for something that doesn't force me to stay active on the site's Discord server.
» I'm honestly just looking for a site to relax on and refresh my rusty writing skills. Nothing too gritty and overwhelming. Something simple and relaxing c:

· · · · Yes, I might like this:
» Slice-of-life sites – preferably not based on Harvest Moon and-or Animal Crossing, as my knowledge of these franchises is practically nonexistent and I don't think my characters would really vibe with them (a detective is probably not a good fit for Animal Crossing, oops).
» Urban fantasy – could get behind that, but it depends
» Original sites
» Sites that are easy to get into – While I appreciate the time and effort put into lore-heavy sites, I don't want to spend several hours studying information threads just for the sake of making one character. Maybe someday, but not now.
» Something light-hearted – Not looking for combat sites or anything.
» New sites with small communities – I would prefer a site that is only a few months old at most and has a small community.
» I have a soft spot for historical sites – Ehhh, dark academia? The Victorian era?

· · · · Nah, no:
» Panfandoms
» RL sites, or sites with mixed FCs
» Fandom-based – my knowledge of fandoms is limited to only a few franchises. Even if your site requires little to no knowledge of the source material, I still think I'm going to pass (but you're welcome to suggest your site nonetheless!).
» Established sites with a large playerbase – I'm quite awkward when it comes to joining bigger communities. Pre-established sites (older than a year) with a large member pool is almost always a no from me. 
» Lore-heavy – As said above, I'm looking for something that is easy to get into. 
» Complicated systems – That includes namely stats... and that's the only thing I can think of when it comes to complicated systems. But, yeah, no stats pls.

I think that's it! I probably wanted to write a lot more, but I can't think of anything extra at the moment! So, yeah, throw here your sites  ^▽^
pronounsl i g h t
28written posts
Á I N Eearned bits
offlinecurrently
Á I N E
Á I N E Avatar
Sidereal Gardens may be something you'd be interested in. I believe it matches most of what you're looking for except the fact that it is a proboards site. ^^ We're a small community and have relaxed activity rules. We're slice of life with a dash of fantasy. And I believe we're pretty easy to get into, as we don't have a lot of required reading to join. Take a look around if you're interested. I'll leave the ad below!

pronounsShe-Her
99written posts
Elaysaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Elaysa
Elaysa Avatar
Á I N E Avatar
Sidereal Gardens may be something you'd be interested in. I believe it matches most of what you're looking for except the fact that it is a proboards site. ^^ We're a small community and have relaxed activity rules. We're slice of life with a dash of fantasy. And I believe we're pretty easy to get into, as we don't have a lot of required reading to join. Take a look around if you're interested. I'll leave the ad below!

Thanks a ton for the suggestion! I'll definitely check it out c:
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Blue, Aki, Kazzie
pronounsAny
4,111written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
Hello! We're not jcink, but if you're still okay with proboards you might be interested in us too. We're an original animanga rp with many plots and lax activity. Members understand that life happens and they do what they can when they can. We usually keep up the muse in discord with fast paced ic rp channels when we just don't have time to do posts, but it's not a requirement either. While the site is rather lore heavy, it's not necessary to know everything about everything in order to start posting. My members like to joke that you don't find the plot, the plot finds you. And if there are ever any specific lore related questions, the admin team is great at answering them. We are a bit established, been open for two years coming from a previous site that was open for about 2 years as well, but we are getting new people in all the time. The site itself is open and easy to integrate into. We are very friendly and welcoming as a community, so even though it's established, we love getting new people in. It offers new ideas and new plots and new characters and we love that.

Please feel free to come and check us out, or hang out for a bit while you decide if you want to join or not!

Remnants of Fate

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

I'm not sure this type of thing would interest you, but you could definitely check out Final Will! We are an inuyasha-based roleplay predominantly set in Tokyo in 1998. We are definitely animanga-related, but also have slice of life and fantasy elements. Even if you are not familiar with the series, you could think of it as a modern supernatural-esque site filled with species from feudal japan.

We're pretty accepting of everyone, (generally) light-hearted, and small-knit! We even fill that historical itch with the availability to play in the sengoku jidai boards, even though we're predominantly set in modern Japan. We're kinda lax -- and only require characters to post twice a month, which seems fair for something that is meant to be character-driven and casual. But, the only thing is we are hosted by Proboards and we just opened, so we're not too busy just yet, and currently just have a small community. Still trying to kick the site into gear and all, but you're welcome to join if it appeals to you :)

If not, I hope you find what you're looking for!
last edit on May 2, 2021 13:56:45 GMT by Deleted
pronounsShe-Her
99written posts
Elaysaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Elaysa
Elaysa Avatar
OKAY!

This is still up? I'm fairly surprised.

First of all, I really appreciate all the lovely suggestions on this site search! I did read them and I checked out the suggested sites, even if I did not reply! Thanks a lot <3

Considering that my current site is going to be unavailable for the time being, I am bumping this site search. Looking for a site again! My wishes are exactly the same, just a relaxed site, preferably a slice of life one. I'm practically bursting with muse to write atm, so I'm open to suggestions!

Throw your lovely sites at me (ノ>ω<)ノ :。・:*:・゚’★,。・:*:・゚’☆

haikuwu
aliasCooked Bread
pronounsThey / Him
623written posts
Toastyearned bits
offlinecurrently
Toasty
Part of the Furniture
Toasty Avatar
>w<
Hi! I have a site, and although it's not Jcink, we're (very) new and based off the webcomic "Paranatural". If you don't know what that is, we have a brief explanation of the setting and species that isn't a huge amount to read! We use animanga / drawn out fcs! Love it if you came! 

(Not) Supernormal
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,786written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.