STARDUST. an eastern high fantasy roleplay?

26written posts
veeearned bits
offlinecurrently
vee
vee Avatar

just a simple interest check post for a high / dark fantasy roleplay in an original au magical world based off of imperial china and feudal japan! I would want to have things like magical creatures and spirits based off eastern mythology- samurai, warlords, gangs, politics, noble families and site canon royal family- immersive and all original lore and premise, etc. wuxia themes, maybe even a dice roll combat system (optional) etc. 

I also had plans to make to make all magical creatures playable- as well as admin npcs to shake up events and plot drops. member-driven world building and events + subplots. chapter-based plots, side quests, etc.

as for faceclaims- anything anime or illustrated, with a credit field on all profiles to credit artists! also an appearance profile field for those who only want to use one picture / piece of art- or for those who prefer to not use anything. 

I've also been playing around with the idea of making a discord and having potential members come world-build with the staff during a soft opening phase. 
last edit on Apr 27, 2021 23:43:27 GMT by vee
375written posts
watcherearned bits
offlinecurrently
watcher
watcher Avatar
As someone who's currently siteless at the moment and whose only source of roleplay and somewhat fixation is the Legend of the Five Rings, an eastern-based fantasy tabletop roleplaying game, (I encourage people to look into it XD) in Discord, this interests me XD

Do magical creatures have to be strictly Eastern-inspired, or could there just be like spirits or something? Not that spirits aren't in Eastern mythology... there's probably plenty of ancestors and restless spirits in them... it's just that most sites that go for such a setting limit the magical creatures to strictly folklore youkai or something. ...if you've seen my wanted ad on my signature I constantly want to play a spirit who assumes the form of a magician, so yeah XD
26written posts
veeearned bits
offlinecurrently
vee
vee Avatar
I’m looking for staff if anyone was interested! I’m lazy so I’ll be commissioning a skin and graphics- otherwise I need help with world building and general maintenance and moderation. 

I have a Google drive started already with all my potential ideas for the roleplay- so if you’re interested in helping out respond here or pm me! I’ll probably end up sending you my discord.
last edit on Apr 30, 2021 6:41:02 GMT by vee
26written posts
veeearned bits
offlinecurrently
vee
vee Avatar
PHIMBO Avatar
this reminds me of The Poppy War books (which is an excellent trilogy btw) :eyes:
I will def be taking some light inspo from that series! As well as the Eona trilogy (what’s an eastern fantasy without dragons?) as well as other fantasy pieces of media and my original ideas !
26written posts
veeearned bits
offlinecurrently
vee
vee Avatar
๖ۣۜLord Orivien Avatar
I binge wuxia manhuas, so I’m 110% into this by mention of wuxia themes alone. Everything else is 👌👌👌
I love wuxia manhwas too!! def keep an eye on this roleplay then if that’s what you’re into...
the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
688written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.
hello yes i was literally hazily daydreaming and hoping for a site w/ a poppy war-esque setting a few hours ago so i have been summoned and my attention thoroughly taken :eyes: :eyes:

coming soon.