A Fantasy Site Based On Feudal Japan

40written posts
Zyzyearned bits
offlinecurrently
Zyzy
Zyzy Avatar
Kind of a wish of mine that i've been wanting for years now to be completely honest. For a long time now i've always wanted a fantasy forum set in a world based on Feudal Japan that features a lot of its lore like Kitsune, Yokai, Oni, Samurai, Shinobi, Ronin, Lords, and ect all in this crazy world separated by provinces and being torn apart by warring clans. Political Intrigue, epic Fantasy Battles akin to those cheesy movies and/or balls to the wall anime, sprinkle in some slice-of-life stuff and i think you've got the makings of a really fun site. I dunno, maybe its too much? I'd love to hear what all of you think about such an idea; i'd love to bring this kind of thing to life~
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
I had a site like this just recently. But everyone lurked instead of joining so I didn't think there was much interest in it and closed it (probably) prematurely.

Word of the wise, if you're interested in it, join it! You are the activity you want to see on it.
last edit on Jul 8, 2018 16:06:35 GMT by Deleted
40written posts
Zyzyearned bits
offlinecurrently
Zyzy
Zyzy Avatar
Deva Avatar
I had a site like this just recently. But everyone lurked instead of joining so I didn't think there was much interest in it and closed it (probably) prematurely.

Word of the wise, if you're interested in it, join it! You are the activity you want to see on it.

Dang really? Was it Dreamscape?

Also i want to make it but i can't go and make a site of that scale by myself i'd get buried under my own ambition. I'd need a staff team to help me with stuff cause if it were up to me i'd take so long to finish it xD
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Zyzy Avatar
Deva Avatar

Dang really? Was it Dreamscape?

Also i want to make it but i can't go and make a site of that scale by myself i'd get buried under my own ambition. I'd need a staff team to help me with stuff cause if it were up to me i'd take so long to finish it xD
I owned dreamscape, it was a sort of revisited site to it but it was called "Hollow Victory" More fleshed out with a map, larger areas and politics as well as canons. If I'm honest it checked your entire first post list off lmao.

last edit on Jul 8, 2018 18:40:02 GMT by Deleted
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
I remember looking at Hollow Victory , like skin was beautiful, gfx was neat, but my problem was that I couldn't identify what the site was about. At a mere glance it seemed that it was primarily all about the yokai and didn't deviate from it. If this was intentional then awesome, but from the sounds of it, it included more that alot of people and myself missed out on because I was intimidated by the fact that I just didn't care to only rp as a yokai.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Deva Avatar

If your site is the one I'm thinking it is, it wasn't up for very long so it wasn't given much chance. The first three months are definitely the toughest, because people are scoping "will this site live or will it shut down?" After the first month, the novelty of newness wears off as well, so site hoppers hop to different oceans. It continues to be tough, but the first three are definitely the worst. Whether it's just 3 members, 5 members, 10+, it's worth keeping up because down the line, more people will join. Unfortunately, it's a bit of a revolving door, but you'll gradually accumulate "core" members. Also, every site works with its own niche which is something to consider.

, if you're serious about opening up this site, my suggestion is to wholly commit to it. If you can see yourself running it - despite the difficulties - for a year+, make it and stick to it. It won't be easy and there will be times where you'll feel discouraged, but if you're committed you'll be able to persevere. :) The results of the interest checks aren't always accurate because some people won't commit, and some people don't even know it exists. So, build the site for you, and then share your love for it with others. At some point, the site will be for more than just you, it'll be for others as well.

Sorry if this sounds a little pretentious, but it's basically something I learnt as both a member and as a site founder. I was getting really sick of sites constantly opening and closing within very short spans, so when I made my site I stuck to my guns. It is hard, and the numbers do fluctuate, but I'm determined to make a secure site.

I wish you the best of luck!
last edit on Jul 8, 2018 21:32:55 GMT by Deleted
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

I would love love love this idea <3 I have been wanting a sengoku jidai site so long which is why I have been suggesting Inuyasha, and would definitely join if the lore and plot was up to par <3

As far as Hollow Victory goes, I remember seeing that around, too. The skin was amazing, and I lurked a lot before I decided to join. Only, the day that I picked to register, the site had been closed down. Like pointed out, it didn't seem like it was up for very long or given much of a chance. The thing about opening a new site is, usually, unless the site is fandom-based and has a large audience, activity doesn't come flooding in within the first few weeks. With an original site like that, activity usually gradually builds, and it may take a month or two to get it off the ground or get a decent memberbase. After that first month or so, though, usually, originally sites really take off if they are well-received. It's just a matter of being patient and giving the site time to grow. Don't allow yourself to get discouraged so easily -- like, said, stick to it if it's something you really want to see prosper.

If you re-open HV, , I will def be interested and I will commit to joining.

, if HV doesn't re-open, then your site sounds awesome and I would definitely look into it. I would also be willing to help you if you need it
last edit on Jul 16, 2018 15:57:45 GMT by Deleted