edge of insane

37written posts
viceearned bits
offlinecurrently
vice
vice Avatar
me, when there's a lack of steampunk rps:

---

i already got this started in the works since it's been an idea i had for a long time, but i wanted to see if there's any interest in this. i'll be jotting this down in little points just to give an idea of what you can expect from the site.

premise: the general premise edge of insane focuses on the current and next generation(s) of elemental magic users to help take out the ever growing problem of reapers, dark elemental monsters whose only purpose is to destroy and consume the world of darkness.

setting: the setting mainly take place in a steampunk setting in a major city called creila, a city riddled with opportunities to be seized whilst also being rampant in crime. it's considered to be a paradise by many citizens while also being voted "the worst city to live in". the city is located in a kingdom called pruzar, one of the superpower kingdoms that is considered the trendsetter while also lacking equal rights among races (check conflict for a little more detail). i may allow some sci-fi/futuristic technology in mainly weapons and possibly cyborgs/androids.

conflict: the conflict doesn't just stop at reapers and dives deeper in a city riddled with crime and corrupted politics against elementums, people who have developed mutations from elemental magic with variations that range from subtle appearances like pointed ears or something more obvious like having fur. this has also sparked a debate among elemental users versus non-elemental users on how whether or not magic should be usable.

races: there will be 3 races: humans, elementums as mentioned before, and androids.

face claims: animanga. but i'm not opposed to anything animated in general either.

missions: missions are a very essential part of the world of edge of insane; they're a main source for income to buy some nice stuff.

classes: an idea that may be cut or not, but classes will be based on the weapons you use. ie gunslinger, sword user, etc. you can have up to two classes.

technology: i want to provide an alternative to those that don't want to use elemental magic and introduce things like night vision goggles, smoke grenades, etc to help combat against reapers and other elemental users.

academy: there'll be an academy for those that wish to better their skills in elemental magic or even the technology provided above. there's a total of 6 years ages 17/18 to 23/24.

canons: there's going to be some important roles to take, but that doesn't make them special of course. it just means they hold more responsibility.

gangs: gangs are prevalent in creila along with other baddies that run solo. there's organizations that want other people dead and want to reform a new government to lead pruzar.

ranks: another idea that may be cut, but i was thinking about implementing a rank system that can determine an elemental/non-elemental user's power. the following ranks are from strongest to weakest: supreme, grand, advanced, intermediate, beginner.

weapon/item creation: members will be able to create their own weapons/items that will be ranked based on the character's own rank. (the ranked bit will depend if i actually go through with the rank idea). these weapons and items will have their own special effects if you want it to have a special effect (i.e. a sword's blade being heated to create burning slashes).

i think that's all the important stuff i wanted to go over. if you have any questions, feedback, or just want to make a comment of interest or anything else, feel free to do so~
37written posts
viceearned bits
offlinecurrently
vice
vice Avatar
yumyums Avatar
I'm listening...

Will there be powers?
powers are pretty much elemental magic just to make things simple. BUT i have decided that the same source for elemental magic users to use said magic can also be utilized to gain superhuman abilities such as speed, strength, etc. that way if you don't want to use elemental magic, you can fall back on that instead.

hopefully that makes sense!
37written posts
viceearned bits
offlinecurrently
vice
vice Avatar
๖ۣۜLord Orivien Avatar
Ay yo dis looks cool.

So I do have an inquiry, would something like an armored exosuit powered by elemental magic be viable? Not so much mecha but more in the vein of a knightly armor aesthetic? Magitek is what I’m getting at.
yup, magitek will be prevalent so anything elemental magic fueled is allowed (so as long as it isn't overpowered ofc).
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/any
721written posts
sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
yo yo yo this is cool af

if you ever throw up a discord for a soft opening or w/e i'd be down to clown
last edit on Jun 9, 2021 13:57:43 GMT by sister ghoul

37written posts
viceearned bits
offlinecurrently
vice
vice Avatar
Jenesis Avatar
Mission based alt-rwby but without being tied to existing lore and item creation? yes please

Is there planned to be an overarching site plot?
yes! i already got a site plot/event ready to launch once the site settles and establishes a community that could slowly kick things off
37written posts
viceearned bits
offlinecurrently
vice
vice Avatar
brb blowing off all the dust off this thread.

jokes aside, i wanted to finally give an update on the progress of the site. honestly, it's been a little slow since i've been very unsatisfied with what i've written, in particular the premise (due to them being EXTREMELY long and filter-y). however! i did manage to clean it up in a way that's short, sweet, and straight to the point. in other words, all the important stuff are out of the way! canons and member groups are still in the works.

i did make some minor-ish changes to what i want on the site and some are pending depending on what you guys think when i launch the soft opening:

- for the time being, i'm removing androids/cyborgs/robots as a race.
- i'm going to be keeping ranks for now, but there's a possibility it'll be removed if necessary.
- i changed the names from elementums to aliums.

that's all the good stuff i have to announce for now, but i'll still be updating as i'm getting stuff done~.