aliasraisin
pronounsshur
87written posts
reisenearned bits
offlinecurrently
reisen
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
reisen Avatar
There's quite a few of these already. Yet I'm looking for criteria to be met that may be too specific. So to broaden my search, I'm extending this to sites-in-construction or concept; I'd be happy to give input or at least guarantee interest in such cases.

Without further ado, if anyone has a suggestion for a site that involves:

- Animanga face claims, primarily. Not too fussed about MFC sites, but I don't personally use RL face claims.

- Fantasy or future-modern. I don't necessarily have a hang-up about the genre either, but these are my favorite.

- Member-driven plots. In a roleplay involving "factions" or "canon positions", I'd like to be the mover, the person who calls the shots. Someone whose character can and is willing to alter the world state. And that's not to say that I'd like to do so without facing the consequences either - I just want to know there's some significance to my writing beyond sheer personal enjoyment and that the site focus isn't being railroaded into an inevitable conclusion.

And lastly, some degree of authenticity. To explain what I mean about that, is that the RP should take itself seriously. OOC chat is whatever. I just don't want people metagaming and breaking the fourth wall with their characters all the time. It's fine in small amounts, but say when one brings a joke character or someone with no commitment/nothing at stake into a site event with limited participants and sandbags the entire time, it really does suck the fun out of it.

If that's a little much, I get it. But hopefully there's something out there for me. Thanks for reading!
pronounshe/him
734written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
Hello I have a fantasy site in construction called Ars Arcanum, and it'll have canon positions. The problem is that I'm currently in school so construction is going slow. I'm still in input stages, so feel free to DM me if you're interested in a site that probably won't be around until next year! I can invite you to the discord and the WIP site. The basic premise is that it's a d&d 5e site dealing with the fall of an empire and the political strife that comes from it. There are nations on the brink of civil war as people fight for control; meanwhile, the calamity that ended the empire is at their doorstep, and the otherworldly invaders could possibly end the world as we know it. It uses primarily animanga FCs. Players are allowed one character that starts at level 5 and the rest start at level one; you can also opt-out of the stat system.

I also have Ramora Weyr if you're okay with mixed FCs. We're a little more strict on what animanga fcs get used, but you can basically assume anything that looks like a natural human is safe. Our genre is low science fantasy, so basically not a lot of magic and powers. We allow member-run plots, not just with characters you play but also with NPCs if you ask permission from the admins first. We're usually pretty willing to let you do stuff. We've got a major war plot coming up that we're gonna be asking for a lot of member input on.

Due to my personal taste, I'm not a big fan of sandbagging or turning an entire event into a joke. Ars Arcanum doesn't have a tone yet (it's still new), but Ramora veers towards serious and even a little dark at times. We do have funny, light-hearted moments and silly characters, but even our silliness is very grounded in the universe. Ars Arcanum will probably be set up the same way because honestly, people who turn everything you try to write into a joke frustrate me too.

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,800written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

This thread hasn't had any replies since a month ago - feel free to repost if you wish!