aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,513written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elfield"]
[attr="class","elfield-1"]
[attr="class","elfield-2"]
[attr="class","elfield-topp"]
[attr="class","elfield-top"]an animanga medieval fantasy roleplay inspired by warriors

[attr="class","elfield-top-1"]

we ascend to the

elysian fields

[attr="class","elfield-top-2"]
[attr="class","elfield-top-left"]
for generations, four kingdoms have shared the vast forests of elysia according to the laws laid down by their warrior ancestors. as tensions mount and alliances are destroyed, however, this balance - and perhaps their very way of life - is threatened as never before.

[attr="class","elfield-top-mid"]

[attr="class","elfield-top-right"]
coming to proboardsfebruary[break]2022

[attr="class","elfield-bulk"]
ELYSIAN FIELDS is an upcoming medieval fantasy roleplay heavily inspired by the Warriors franchise by Erin Hunter - a love letter for every roleplayer in the animanga community who got their start writing as cats defending their territories in the forest. Though the site will aim to keep as true to the spirit of the original, save for using humans in place of felines, the stories told will all be non-canon, and knowledge of the source material will be unnecessary for participation.

the setting

The small continent of Elysia lay snug between the ocean of the west and the vast and powerful Dhalegan Empire of the east; between the tall and frigid mountains north and harsh, smoldering wastes south. Within Elysia, borders are divided between four kingdoms sworn to uphold the same laws: Toirneach, the kingdom of storms; Scath, the kingdom of shadow; Gaoth, the kingdom of wind; and Abhainn, the kingdom of water. These kingdoms have lived countless years with separate, though united lives, survival of the whole dependent on the survival of the four.[break][break]

Each kingdom puts a strong emphasis on the life of a warrior, and all citizens are bound by the warrior code. Though not every citizen within their borders picks up a sword to battle, there is no greater honor in Elysia than to fight and die for your nation.

the roleplay

Elysian Fields will feature low magic fantasy in a setting inspired by medieval Europe. All citizens in Elysia are human or beastfolk known as therian - humanoids with animalistic characteristics, along the lines of kemonomimis. While magic is not usable by the living members of the kingdoms, the spirits of their warrior ancestors are able to aid their descendants from beyond, and special few within the kingdoms are able to commune with and interpret the dead.[break][break]

All 'high positions' within the kingdoms will be claimable canon roles. Clan leaders have become kingdom sovereigns; their deputies have become their stewards; those who share a connection with the fallen are known as oracles. Citizens of the kingdom will be further broken down into roles - hunters, guardians, juggernauts, medics, and civilians - though players will be allowed to, and even encouraged to carve their own niche role within their country.[break][break]

While a starting stage will be set, Elysian Fields aims to be largely member driven with its plot. Kingdom citizens must pave their own path: who to fight, who to ally with, what morals to live by. Though staff may offer a push during lulls, conflict should arise naturally from the interactions between characters on the forum.

the rundown

To speak frankly, the biggest thing standing right now between this interest check and the site launching is tweaking the lore. Converting cats to people... is hard, actually, who'da thunk! While we're in no need of staffing help, a couple of extra eyes (whether you're familiar with the source material or not) to look over our information and help offer critique would be a godsend. If you're interested in looking at the finer details of the setting and helping out, please get in contact with me on Discord![break][break]

Please let us know if this project sounds like something you'd be interested in below. If there's anything you're curious about or anything you'd like to see, let it be known and I'll get back to you ASAP. Thank you for reading!

[attr="class","elfield-bot"]
contact us through ( pharaoh leap#2834 ) to lend a hand

[newclass=".elfield"]width:580px;padding:14px;border:solid 1px #dddddd;margin:25px auto;background-color:#eeeeee;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/gRdFvZD/dark-spots2.png);background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elfield-1"]padding:15px;background-color:#f3f3f3;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elfield-2"]background-color:#e9e9e9;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elfield-topp"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/2nTsP7Z/Elysian-Fieldss.png);background-position:-25px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elfield-top"]border-bottom:solid 1px #eeeeee;font:italic 700 12px Source Serif Pro;line-height:10px;color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:2px;padding:20px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elfield-top-1"]height:233px;border-bottom:solid 1px #eeeeee;position:relative;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elfield-top-1 h1"]position:absolute;font:bold 15px Source Serif Pro;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eeeeee;letter-spacing:10px;line-height:10px;margin:140px 0px 0px 0px;width:550px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elfield-top-1 h2"]position:absolute;font:italic 800 80px Playfair Display;line-height:85px;color:#eeeeee;width:550px;text-align:center;margin:160px 0px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elfield-top-2"]display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto 1px 214px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elfield-top-left"]font:500 15px Source Serif Pro;line-height:21px;color:#eeeeee;padding:50px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elfield-top-left b"]text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elfield-top-mid"]background-color:#eeeeee;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elfield-top-right"]font:500 15px Source Serif Pro;line-height:15px;color:#eeeeee;padding:50px;letter-spacing:2px;text-align:center;text-transform:uppercase;display:flex;flex-direction:column;justify-content:center;gap:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elfield-top-right b"]font:italic 21px Abril Fatface;line-height:20px;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elfield-bulk"]padding:60px;font:500 14px Source Serif Pro;line-height:21px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify;color:#333333;border-left:solid 1px #dddddd;border-right:solid 1px #dddddd;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elfield-bulk b"]color:#803933;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elfield-bulk hr"]border:none;border-top:solid 1px #dddddd;margin:60px -60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elfield-bulk h1"]margin:0px 0px 25px 0px;font:800 10px Source Serif Pro;line-height:10px;color:#eeeeee;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px 15px 10px 20px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/2nTsP7Z/Elysian-Fieldss.png);background-position:center;max-width:fit-content;letter-spacing:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elfield-bot"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/2nTsP7Z/Elysian-Fieldss.png);background-position:bottom center;font:italic 700 12px Source Serif Pro;line-height:10px;color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:2px;padding:40px 0px;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Abril+Fatface|Playfair+Display:400,500,600,700,800,900,400italic,500italic,600italic,700italic,800italic,900italic|Source+Serif+Pro:200,300,400,600,700,900,200italic,300italic,400italic,600italic,700italic,900italic]
praise the cats!
aliasthomas, breezescodes
pronounshe/him
825written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
bc Avatar
this is my murder mittens ^-^
warrior cats?!?! hello hello?! ?! ?!

you say the magical words i appear like lightning!! omg omg warrior cats m love!! i saw this so late ๐Ÿ˜ญ but if yโ€™all are still working on this iโ€™m very interested!
last edit on Aug 2, 2022 23:07:30 GMT by bc
2written posts
fabricationearned bits
offlinecurrently
fabrication
fabrication Avatar
Ahhh!! This looks amazing!

Though as an Irish person I'm always slightly nervous when I see people using Irish words for stuff in roleplays because of the likelihood of mispronunciation. Kills me inside.

Still, super excited to see this incredible idea come to be!

For anyone that's curious though, pronunciations of some of them can be found here: GaothScรกthAbhainn.
last edit on Aug 3, 2022 11:40:59 GMT by fabrication