The Storygraph Share Thread

pronounshe/him
729written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
Hello naughty children it is I, the horrible krampus of books here to shower you with my taste in literature.

Actually, I'm looking for some people to follow on Storygraph. I wanna scour your TBRs and read what you have read, and broaden my horizons a bit. Since changing my recommendation preferences is Annoying, perhaps I can find some of you lovely people with different book preferences. Plus we can compare our reading goals and generally have a good time.

So. Here's my Storygraph. It's a little bare because I'm not recording Every Single Book I've Read in the past year or two, but I'm using it to try to keep to my reading goals. If you don't have a Storygraph, I recommend it! It's really great for tracking books you have read or want to read, and it spits out new recommendations all the time. It's also ad-free and more sleek in appearance than Goodreads.

If you do look at my TBR, you'll find I very much like fantasy and memoirs, and also classics, but Storygraph isn't giving me too many of those rn so we'll condition it to those tastes later. We can also pitch discussions on books we're already reading, and maybe do some Buddy Reads? I wanna do a Buddy Read with someone ;w;.

My next book is The Well of Loneliness by John Radclyffe Hall, and it's a 1928 romance novel about lesbian (and/or possibly trans) life in those days from a sympathetic perspective (i'm taking it as nonbinary masc representation but it could also be trans man rep, who knows, the labels and queer structures were Different then). Currently reading 1984 by George Orwell, and then maybe gonna dive back into more works by Elie Wiesel after I'm done with The Well of Loneliness. Or I'll read Everfair by Nisi Shawl, which looked pretty cool.

Gimme ur books.

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me