One Piece RP

pronounsHe / Him
15written posts
ozlenearned bits
offlinecurrently
ozlen
ozlen Avatar
I've been wanting to join a One Piece roleplay for a while now, but there aren't really all that many so I thought it could be fun to make one.

Obviously it would be an animanga rp, but would want to make sure it takes place in an alternate universe with only original characters. To make sure we don't have just Luffy or Law copies running around, all the devil fruits will be original as well. I was thinking of having it be stats-light with abilities ranked by class (A Class being stronger than B Class) and being able to rank up by achieving certain milestones (Post Count, Participating in events, etc). The higher your ability rank is the more powerful your powers and the more abilities your powers get. The ranking system will extend to non-power users as well allowing them more techniques and access to stronger haki.

The ranking system would only be a guide to go by for roleplaying reasons as everything would be determined upon roleplaying and not stats. It would just prove more difficult for a C Rank to beat a B Rank if the quality of the RP is about the same as the B Rank would have more utility, but definitely not impossible.

Players will be able to choose from a number of different races such as human (with variants for things like the long arm tribe), giant, fishman, android, beastman, and many more, each with their own unique roleplaying traits. Players can also choose to eat a random devil fruit at character creation (based on a dice roll) and build their characters around the theme of that fruit. Or they can join as a non devil fruit user and have the option to discover fruits through roleplay to allow for better player agency.

As far as groups we would have pirates, marines, civilians, bounty hunters, etc. All with their own ranks as well. These ranks, such as Admirals for the Navy and Warlords for pirates, will be canon positions and monitored closely as they will start out powerful, though a player may rise to these ranks on their own through roleplaying.

I have so many other ideas, but this is the general gist of it. If I garner enough interest in this I would love to see this up and running before summer's end.