trying to search for a sci-fi/fantasy/fandom rp forum!

1written post
ioriearned bits
offlinecurrently
iori
iori Avatar
hello! 

i used to roleplay on forums a long time ago before switching to other platforms, but i miss it a lot! i was wondering if you guys had a few recs for the requirements that i have: 

• nothing that's slice of life. i'd prefer something in the realm of fantasy / sci-fi / fandom. i can roleplay in stuff like naruto, pokemon, bleach... preferably with an interesting plot with a lot of lore! i do like stat systems.  
  • it'd be nice if the character profile requested isn't too extensive, since i won't know everything about an oc too early on in writing them. 
  • a shorter word count would be nice! i can write a lot, but i don't want to be forced to do so. 

thank you for reading!

pronounshe/him
732written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
If you like sci-fi/fantasy and Fandom, perhaps you wouldn't mind trying an OC-only mixed FC site? Ramora is Mixed FC and allow animanga FCs provided their appearances are relatively realistic or can be explained as stylization of natural hair.

Ramora is a dragon riders of Pern site, easily falling into soft science fiction. We don't require knowledge of the setting to play on our site, and have an extensive Lore section to catch you up to speed. If you need help, you can also flag down a staff member or member to answer any questions and help you build a character.

The basic premise of our site is that we are an AU site based around the idea of an isolated Western Continent with a vastly different culture to the rest of Pern. Alien life forms known as Thread fall from the sky and devour flesh, so the dragon riders have to fight this Thread. You'd think it'd be simple, but politics always get in the way. We're in the middle of a war plot, where our Weyr isn't at war but is standing neutral watching the devastation of the Northern Continent while it struggles to deal with a loss of resources and trade.

We allow short profiles, so long as you don't add things that we'd need to approve to character backstories later on (i.e. being the child of a lord). We don't have a word count, and have a culture of shorter posts with occasional long posts. We also have lax activity rules, and quick app turnaround. I should note we've been open 2 years now, so we're not going anywhere any time soon.

[align=center]
Home | Rules | Dragons | Whers | Current Plot[/align]
last edit on Jun 10, 2022 23:26:13 GMT by illidan main

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
pronounshe/him
505written posts
shivearned bits
offlinecurrently
shiv
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
shiv Avatar
WTB> PRIMOGEMS
Hey Iori! If you're interested, my PKMN RP site, Hoenn might be a good fit.
  • Although the site setting allows for slice of life roleplay, our site is focused on League VS. Rocket conflicts as well as the fantastical and science-fiction components of a Pokemon setting. For example, we've had an arc centered around Megalopolans and Ultra Beasts and the current arc we're on is exploring Necrozma, the Unown, and the the multiverse (e.g. a Hoenn where Kyogre won/Groudon won, etc.).
  • We actually have quite a bit of lore and history from being around for awhile, but you do not need to read everything to jump in. A link to our timeline can be found here. I do need to update it though!
  • We're statless; however, you are free to use stats in your personal threads. Events and other activities may occasionally bring in mechanics specific to them.
  • Character profile is not extensive at all. You can simply pick your character's FC, starter PKMN, and leave the history/additional information fields blank.
  • There is no word count; most of our writers write posts on the shorter side (helps progress threads, etc.).

Hope you find a place that fits ya! Lots of great sites around if you dig a bit.
aliaspandora, winter
pronounsshe/her
26written posts
panearned bits
offlinecurrently
pan
pan Avatar
viva la leviathan
hi iori!! welcome back to forum RP. there's a ton of cool sites around, but maybe moonrise would be interesting to you? it's a modern-setting animanga witch rp with a lot of cool lore.

the general gist is that witches, i.e. magical humans with familiars, have to band together to fend off evil daemons -- but there's a lot of power struggles within and in between factions known as covens.

• we're site-plot focused, with regular high-stakes events, though members do enjoy threading out the everyday SOL thread from time to time. we don't have stats, but our spells and ranks system gives a good sense of progression. battles are freeform and up to the players, though events might use dice rolls and other systems
  • the app is as short or as long as you want it to be!
  • no word count
  • constantly expanding lore. though it's still pretty easy to jump right in -- just pick a coven, and a magic type, and you're set!

good luck with the search!!

last edit on Jun 11, 2022 0:37:57 GMT by pan
i'm so eepy
446written posts
wolfeearned bits
offlinecurrently
wolfe
wolfe Avatar
Hello!

I have a stat system near-future modern fantasy site that might fit the bill. We just had our first site-wide event and in 30 days managed to get 116 posts for our opening one with other boards being active at the same time for an idea of activity. App is a profile app that you fill out, but it can be as vague as you want and edited basically whenever as you learn more about the character. Systems are designed so every OC is part of a group, which provides ready made threads and incentive to plot with each other because each group gets rewards that are keyed off of stuff like event participation and company participation which provides a mechanical benefit for people to check in with each other and give them threads that are substantial and keep interest. Popping the ad below, the link is embedded in the image.

The city weโ€™ve created is awe inspiring in its majesty. Generations of people once threatened with extinction, able to live and pursue their dreams in the society we have created in the ashes of what once was. Itโ€™s a land worth living in. It is a land worth fighting for. Don't surrender it to the darkness.

The Covenant is a new Jcink Premium 18+ original animanga corporate urban fantasy powers site set in the year 2209 that offers two DMed site events every three months, site systems built around the concept of forming a team and chasing fame on a Company Leaderboard, a long-term progression system for your character and team, and an experienced admin whose last site ran for three consecutive years.
23written posts
razzledazzleearned bits
offlinecurrently
razzledazzle
razzledazzle Avatar
, any interest in magical girls/boys? I run MR which is a Sailor Moon RP that welcomes OCs. We don't have a word count and our character profile is pretty basic. We're somewhere between fantasy and sci fi with a space opera element. Our overarching plot involves the villains trying to take down Neo Crystal Tokyo and all their Sailor Soldiers. There's plenty of space for canons and OCs. 

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

Rules ~ Canons ~ Plot ~ Discord

It should be the Golden Age of Humanity. Neo Queen Serenity rules a planet at peace at long last, but rumors of a new threat, an unbeatable weapon, has Sailor Soldiers, heroes, civilians, and even villains fleeing to Earth to seek the protection of the legendary queen.

As long as the moonlight shines, evil can still be defeated.

But weโ€™re running out of moonlight.

Itโ€™s time to take a stand.

Itโ€™s Moon Revenge.

last edit on Jul 5, 2022 22:54:26 GMT by razzledazzle
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,793written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

This thread hasn't had any replies since a month ago - feel free to repost if you wish!