Enabling jcink templates

aliasAyaya
pronounsShe/Her
9written posts
Ayuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ayu
Ayu Avatar
Hello! I'm adminning a jcink site and this is all new territory for me. I want to know what sort of admin control settings I need to have on so that people can use templates from resource sites like this one, and place it in their posts on the site.

I sort of get how DOHTML works but the internet seems to be warning me against that idea. Should I just enable it for everybody on the site? What do people usually do?
Ayay-ayaya!
the chalk prince
aliasrook
pronounsthey / them
924written posts
citrinitasearned bits
offlinecurrently
citrinitas
Part of the Furniture
citrinitas Avatar
i still fall for you like suns do for skies.
in order to use html, users must have permission to use [dohtml] and also [dohtml] should be enabled for each board. why is the internet warning you against the idea? if you're running a RP site, people need to be able to use html to post even basic posting templates.

EDIT: oops that sounded so curt, i'm very sorry!! that wasn't my intention.
last edit on Jun 28, 2022 17:56:06 GMT by citrinitas
aliasAyaya
pronounsShe/Her
9written posts
Ayuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ayu
Ayu Avatar
Oh I see, so it IS normal!

Thanks, that helps a lot with clearing this up. The warnings came from the bottom of the jcink wiki and I'm just overly paranoid about potential security issues. Don't want some rando messing up the site or causing any crazy js injections and whatnot >_<
Ayay-ayaya!
the chalk prince
aliasrook
pronounsthey / them
924written posts
citrinitasearned bits
offlinecurrently
citrinitas
Part of the Furniture
citrinitas Avatar
i still fall for you like suns do for skies.
Ayu Avatar
Oh I see, so it IS normal!

Thanks, that helps a lot with clearing this up. The warnings came from the bottom of the jcink wiki and I'm just overly paranoid about potential security issues. Don't want some rando messing up the site or causing any crazy js injections and whatnot >_<
what john was trying to get at in that post is that people can link shock sites (nsfw and triggering content) with html. you can also potentially mess up an entire page (and be unable to fix it) if your html is incomplete. guests shouldn't have the feature to post html, but regular members are supposed to be trusted and therefore can use dohtml because if they are a member, why would they mess up your site? ye.