pronounsShe-Her
99written posts
Elaysaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Elaysa
Elaysa Avatar
I'm actually a cat person

Scarborough Fair (working title) is an upcoming
animanga medieval fantasy RP, very loosely based on franchises like Game of Thrones. 

In a world where all-mighty deities have turned against their subjects and unleashed their malevolent minions to wreak havoc, we meet in the Kingdom of Northgard that has prevailed despite all odds. With nothing but stone battlements and armored heroes to protect it, tensions and uncertainties plague the once valorous and honorable nation. Where will you stand when the capital is dismantled, the crown is fickle and betrayal rules over the royals? More importantly however, will the kingdom rise against the outside evils, or will it crumble from within?

i.

The site's overarching plot will focus on political battles over Northgard's throne and the endless struggles to fend off a myriad of otherworldly monsters that frequently threaten the kingdom's borders. 

Other than an overarching plot, each of the pre-established factions (info lower!) will come with its own side plot to get engaged in.

Nonetheless, if political intrigue and fighting monsters is not your cup of tea, participation in the site's plots will not be required and everyone will be more than welcome to focus on their own stories and personal plots. Ever wanted to be a simple scholar or a merchant? We've got you covered!

ii.

At the start, the main players will be the kingdom's three knight Orders. Each of them has their own internal problems, hierarchy, goals and visions how everything should be done. 

Order of the Griffin – Guardians of the crown, or so they claim. An Order of contradictions; their duty is to protect the kingdom's citizens, albeit strife amongst their own ranks is far from uncommon. Perhaps the most prestigious Order to serve, yet they are seemingly treading on thin ice, especially after the recent coup that has shaken the Order from within.

Order of the Stag – Guardians of the kingdom and its battlements. Whenever a monster strays too close to the gates, their duty is to slay it without hesitation. A heroic faction, and with little to no interest in Northgard's politics, they are regarded as the most 'neutral' faction of the three. However, they are far from standoffish (quite the opposite), and they oftentimes find themselves caught in the midst of the storm.

Order of the Alerion – The kingdom's attackers and explorers. Formerly a mere guild of foolhardy adventurers, they have earned their reputation for venturing beyond Northgard's borders, into lands infested with devilish creatures. To gather resources and to find other kingdoms, they claim. Simple travelers, it is unfortunate that bad blood runs between them and the Order of the Griffin; the fact that the leaders are brothers certainly does not help anyone's cause. As if it were not enough, the upper layer of this faction seems to be shielding a grave secret that could turn the already damaged monarchy from inside out.

Other than their importance to the plot, the factions also have their own culture and optional lore pages. Code of Chivalry, tournaments and so on. Ever wanted to have your own squire?

iii.

The site will also feature two types of member-made factions: noble houses (family-based factions) and guilds (craft-based factions). Anyone will be able to create their own noble house (or a guild) to affect the overarching plot or to pursue their own writing endeavors!

iv.

As extensively teased in this interest check, the site will also have its own bestiary of all the various monsters that can be encountered outside of Northgard. Furthermore, malevolent divines are awakening from their centuries-long slumber, looking to finish what their minions could not.

Characters will be able to interact with said deities through events and other special occasions!

v.

× Jcink-hosted, might be premium.
× No word count, no strict activity standards, freeform profile app.
× Other than monsters and divines, the site will feature other fantasy elements. Characters will be able to have small supernatural powers that, although useless in combat, may spice up the character's life a bit!
× Several achievements for collecting and bragging rights, both for OOC and IC accounts.
× Site store to purchase various tokens for limited characters and other shenanigans.
× Although we tried to keep the mandatory lore simple, the site does feature some optional lore to shed some light on the kingdom's history.
× Exploration of the outside world to reveal new locations and lore about what happened to some other kingdoms. 

vi.

Thank you so much for checking out this interest check! It was originally meant to be shorter, but I got a bit ahead of myself... ^^"

There is no set opening date for the site, but we do have a semi-private Discord server that you may join for some pre-opening plotting and suggestions! You will also gain access to the WIP guidebook and you will be able to grasp some high positions while they are still available!

If you are interested in joining, shoot me a PM and I'll give you the invitation! You may ask for more information, I'll be more than happy to share! c:

Thank you! <3