write a reply

Ultraman Zero for a Panfandom Site

7written posts
henkeiearned bits
offlinecurrently
henkei
henkei Avatar
Hello Pixel Perfect! I'm here on this animanga resource board to request a site to play a character from a piece of live-action media. Strange I guess, but a lot of panfandoms are inclusive, even if they focus on 2D stuff. There's a bunch of sites that I've skimmed, so I have a vague idea of what I want, but I'm not really sure and I'm not sure if the character will work on every site, so I'd rather ask around here.

Ultraman Zero is an alien superhero from a utopic world called the Land of Light. His job is to protect other species, like humans, from existential threats such as alien invasions or giant monster attacks. In his true form, he's a towering Giant of Light with fantastic abilities, but because he gets his powers from the sun, he can't maintain this form for more than a few minutes at a time in an Earthlike atmosphere and has to take a technologically-aided human guise otherwise. Personality-wise, he's energetic, optimistic, a little cocky, book-dumb, and an aggressive true believer in the power of friendship. Here's a wiki page if you need to know more.

Site wants include...

• I'd prefer a site where I can use stills, photos, promotional images, etc. for my graphics. If you're okay with allowing live-action characters as long as you have 2D images of the character (like in fanart), I can work with that, but it's not preferred.
  • I'm okay with total power loss, but not personification/reincarnation/memory loss.
  • The site should be able to accommodate the general premise and scale of his powers in his true form. If "is 50 meters tall and can cause serious damage to a city" is too much for your site, I don't think he'll work. Needing staff permission for environmental destruction is a-okay.
  • I'd like a setting where he'd feel like he's wanted, as in, there's something heroic for him to do rather than purely slice of life stuff (but I would like SoL elements too).
  • No wariness about foreign/non-Hollywood actors as FC/for graphics.
  • I would prefer forums, but I'm open to Discord communities too.

Lastly, it might be a little while before I actually join up anywhere, even if I settle on a site. Thanks in advance!
pronounshe/him
729written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
If you don't mind being transported into a fandom world and the presence of OCs, Guardian Weyr might suit! We allow non-2D canons-- I even play one who does use a non-Hollywood FC (she's Broadway but still Not Hollywood). We do actually have a heroic group that was responsible for ending the Eldritch representation of Entropy, and an upcoming plot where these heroes might have to find a way to banish an undead king who possesses people. We do require staff permission for massive property destruction, as there will be plots around rebuilding.

We plan to alternate between "slice of life" periods-- where the focus is around festivals, people, and just existing on Pern-- and major plot elements-- such as fighting the Ruined King. The alternating events are to prevent burnout and allow for development of the world, rather than just Conflict All The Time, but also give characters something to Do.

You do not need to have a dragon on Guardian Weyr, and we're more than happy to get started with potential plots c:.

Below is the link, as Proboards is weird about external links.
https://guardianweyr.jcink.net/index.php

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
7written posts
henkeiearned bits
offlinecurrently
henkei
henkei Avatar
Hi~

I have, actually, been in your community briefly. What happened was that I just didn't quite jive with the site community. It felt like there was a lot of information that I needed to absorb to really understand the place because of my unfamiliarity with Pern sites, and a lot of the casual conversations were about subjects that I just didn't have interest in, so I felt a bit out of sorts there, in addition to just... getting busy, which I think was the crux of the problem. I might return to the site at some point, but I would also like to explore other options.

I want to clarify something for anyone else offering a site as well. When I say I don't wariness over foreign/non-Hollywood FCs, I'm less concerned with what's actually in play on the site and whether or not I'm allowed to use foreign actors or will be side-eyed by staff if I do so. I've seen sites before that have required you to use Hollywood actors (not sure this would apply to a panfandom site, but I'm covering myself) and I know K-pop faceclaims have a history of being stigmatized, and I haven't been on enough sites with actor FCs to really know whether or not people also have an issue with J-pop and J-rock musicians, or musicians in a broader sense, even if they've done TV/film roles. A few of the actors who've portrayed Zero's hosts/alter-egos have been musicians in addition to actors, so I want to make sure there are no issues with this for any reason.