looking for partners for private fantasy RP

pronounshe/him
724written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
So I really want to try new systems and play new tabletop RPGs but I have a problem: doing them in person, live, as they're meant to be played, is exhausting for me. I don't want to run in more than one game a week because my brain will turn to goo.

So a while back I pitched a site called Ars Arcanum and I might have abandoned the idea of making it public. I am looking for one or two new partners to focus on stories in the world in my little private place. I would like our RP actions to be determined by us, but I like the idea of structured combat because it makes things a little exciting for me to have combat be gameified. As it's a private RP, we can do as we please with site systems and what-not, so if you don't want to play 5e, we can play something else. Heck, I wanna try a few new systems across various storylines.

The structure of these RPs would be less like "walk up to boss, kill them" by the by. I would prefer for IC actions to impact the direction of our stories. As such, we can ignore the site leveling system-- it was designed for a public site, and I don't really care anymore to keep it. I'm even down to include homebrew. The only request is that we write something story-driven, because I don't want to waffle around with half-formed ideas. I am down to include more ideas as we go.

Some storylines I want to play:
- The issue of a sleeping curse afflicting a mermaid kingdom
- Rival crime rings in a solarpunk island chain
- Revolution against an anti-magic dictator
- An undead hunter turned undead, dealing with the fallout from his family or hunting down the coven that afflicted him
- Drama over the heir to the crumbling empire
- And More. Honestly, I can come up with ideas.

Please be open to playing multiple characters. Also please be open to RP'ing with trans characters. I am also down to play romance, but I would prefer our stories not revolve around that alone.

Feel free to DM me here if you are interested :). I will give you my discord and we can talk.

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me