✦ RECOLOR.

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

TL;DR.
Yeah its'a me. So here's a quick run down of RECOLOR:
It's an illustrated sandbox where you bring forth your favorite characters or characters of your own creation, as they embark on a journey by traveling to new worlds on a mystical train.

Forge unlikely connections, establish a new lifestyle, choose the unwalked path; the possibility is endless. Sit back and relax, adventure awaits.

+ Has a very simple/loose plot, but participation is optional.
+ No word count shipper/fill out profile.
+ Lax activity checks.
+ OCs, fandom OCs and Canon accepting.

- On Jcink, but not premium.
- No RL/IRL FCs.
- No set date yet. (but open beta soon)

That should be the gist of it, and hope I piqued some people's interest. I know I've dangled this idea before but I'm very motivated to get this running. Especially for those like me who don't got a home. Anyways, thanks for popping in! If you have any questions or suggestions let me know.

Below is elaborate explanations on some points above.

THE PLOT.
If you're familiar with Kingdom Hearts and to some extent Dreamlight Valley then you can see where this is going. If not, then no worries! The baseline idea is darkness has taken over, worlds have fallen under said darkness, now we got to cleanse/restore those fallen worlds. Overall the premise is very loose and simply to establish a connection to dump everything together.

What's primarily important is how a character gets to these worlds and that is by train, a magical train. With that in mind the rest is do what you like. Again, the plot is a baseline and you're free to write whatever it is you desire.

OCS + CANONS.
I want this site to be very open to everyone and to any characters they have. So if you have a character that doesn't fit any sites hopefully RECOLOR can be that fit. 

There will be no difference when you're app'ing a OC vs Canon, nor will you have to purchase a ticket to create an OC. You're first character can be an OC even an OC tied to a specific fandom. As well there will be no restriction in character species. humanoids, animals are welcome.

FACECLAIMS.
This is more of a personal preference, that I gravitate more towards illustrated faces. This is also a way to avoid any problematic people. I'm very out of the loop with celebrealities and whatnot.

With that said any illustrated face can be used, meaning: anime/manga, cartoons, videogames, original/commissioned art. This doesn't mean you have to have a faceclaim either, 'aesthetic' images can be used too.

UNDECIDED STUFF.
? Multi-FC usage: Likely be a cap of 2,3. where OCs can use the same face. Though I'm not sure if people be uncomfortable about it.

? OOC Accounts: I feel it be useful, but I'm worried over the potential of OOC accounts taking character names. Maybe optional?
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
THE WORLD.
The world of RECOLOR will be an organic one, meaning that it will expand and contract based on player input. As characters are accepted, realms (playable zones) will appear. As characters are dropped, realms will disappear. 

ex: ash ketchum is brought to recolor. thus viridian forest
       will now be a playable zone.

ex: mario has been dropped from recolor. thus peach's  
       castle will no longer be a playable zone.

Of course these are not including some conditions, such as what playable zones the site is lacking or if there are multiple other characters from that fandom. [edit: more explanation here.]

It's important to note that playable zones are not limited to just fandom/canon. There will be original locations which will be provided by recolor and members who wish to add a new playable zone. On the topic of original locations here is one~

CENTRAL TERMINAL; NEXUS.

A mysterious terminal line that seemingly appeared
   overnight. The large pavilion structure looks rather antique
   with its large handcrafted archways and vintage steam
   powered locomotives. Despite its retro appearance this
   terminal is fully functional and runs on a daily basis
   taking travelers to other worlds.

No trains run through the terminal thus passengers
   must purchase a ticket to a specific realm of their
   choosing. As travelers wait for their train they may
   explore the central terminal. Unfortunately one cannot
   leave the extravagant building as there is nothing outside
   except darkness. However, there are various storefronts
   scattered around the terminal both familiar and new to
   visitors.

The Central Terminal is essentially the Hub World of RECOLOR. It's not really your character's starting point or where new arrivals appear. Unless you want it to be. Overall the Central Terminal connects all the larger realms to one another and houses a few smaller locations within the station.

OPTIONAL MECHANICS.
+ When characters traverse to other worlds they conform to the rules of that world. Meaning if the world has no magic then your character doesn't have magic.

+ Your character has some memory lost, it's a side effect of the darkness taking over the realms and when characters are spit out of the darkness.

ADMIN NOTES.
Wanted to drop the primary mechanics and explanation of the setting(s). Plot will be drop eventually, just felt this was probably the most confusing thing to explain. Anyways, all locations will be categories by genre (i.e scifi, fantasy, etc.) and have descriptions/important notes.

If there is anything else you want to know feel free to ask or have any suggestions I'm all ears. As always, thanks for popping in.
last edit on Apr 8, 2023 21:10:44 GMT by Deleted
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

THE PLOT.
Long before the universe came to be, there was but a singular entity known as Nox. This creature was nothing but endless energy and darkness. With Nox the universe was a vast empty place with no life or light, forever shrouded in a veil of black called The Subspace. However Nox’s power was chaotic in nature meaning the entity had no control over themselves thus the creature Lux came to be from their unstable cosmic energy.

Similar to Nox, Lux was a creature of vast energy and power, however, they were a being of light and showed control over their power. Despite their differences Nox came to appreciate Lux’s company and the two became good friends as well as happy, although such would not last.

Eons passed before Lux was playing around and accidentally sprouted a seed of life; a star. These stars were at first small and large balls of plasma, twinkling in the vast vacuum of The Subspace. The first sign of light. Eventually Lux began to make far more complex versions of stars, deeming these new creations as Realms. Unlike stars, Realms housed whole worlds as well as distinctive living creatures that made the realms unique from another.

Fascinated by Lux’s creations Nox sought to delve into the making of realms as well, although the task set forth a devastating effect. In their struggle to produce a singular star, Nox's power resisted their control and instead erupted into a giant dark cosmic wave. This wave of Darkness spread far and wide, snuffing out any stars as well as causing realms to disappear from existence. Seeing the destruction they caused made Nox desperate to control themselves but that simply made it worse by sprouting creatures known as Shadows.

Just as chaotic as The Darkness, Shadows were violent and uncontrollable beasts spreading The Darkness not only within a Realm but to the living creatures. Animals once kindhearted turned devious, people forgetting who they once were now mindless wanders. Everything was unraveling before everyone’s eyes.

Fearful for their friend and remaining realms, Lux used their strength to place special Star Crystals within each realms’ center, acting as a field of protection over the worlds from The Darkness and The Shadows. As for Nox, with a heavy heart Lux placed Nox under a deep slumber, ceasing The Darkness from spreading. However, such acts put a toll on Lux causing the entity of light to fall into stasis as well.

With both cosmic creatures inactive everything was quiet, but life continued forward. Some Realms and stars bloomed into existence with the remnants of light floating in The Subspace. Already existing Realms flourish naturally, changing and expanding in the confines of their boundaries. It was as Lux intended it to be. But it isn’t until centuries later that this peace comes to an end.

Over the passing of years Lux’s power had begun to wane, but the dormant Nox’s power had not. The seal over the slumbering Nox had cracked ever slightly once the seal was weak enough. Like odorless fumes seeping into a room, a mist of dark chaotic power swirled through the universe again. The realms once protected by their crystals now lay in darkness or are barely hanging on the thread of light.

MISCELLANEOUS.
DARKNESS: A strange goop-like substance that engulfs whatever it comes into contact with. If one were to touch it, it will cause the individual to lose themselves or disappear entirely. There is no definite answer to where the darkness comes from other than it has always existed both in the realms and in individuals. It is for certain to refrain from succumbing to negative emotions as it may attract the darkness as well as its creatures.

SHADOWS: Are the creatures that manifest whenever
    darkness is present. They are typically a violet color
    with beady glowing yellow eyes. As for their shape
    and size, it varies from realm to realm as they tend
    to take on the form of whatever creatures inhabit the
    world. In order to get rid of the Shadows it is usually
    done by fighting it off or using a bright light source.

SHADOW BUGS: Rare small, glowing, violet
    spheres that fall from blackened skies similar to
    snowfall. If Shadow Bugs are present it is best to stay
    indoors or underneath some sort of shelter. The
    reason for this is due to Shadow Bugs, upon physical
    contact, can possess an individual turning them into
    a mindless creature. To know if someone is possessed
    their appearance is a purple tinge surrounded by a
    smoky aura and has glowing yellow eyes.

REALM ‘STAR’ CRYSTAL: Every realm has a singular and unique Star Crystal, which is the core of the world and what keeps the realm from falling apart and fading into darkness. If a Star Crystal is ‘cracked’, meaning it has been touched by darkness, then that realm is locked away. However, a realm can be unlocked/re-accessible by gathering seven (7) “Star Shards” to restore and cleanse of some of the darkness it has taken.

STAR SHARDS: Pieces of a realm’s Star Crystal
    that have chipped away due to the darkness engulfing
    a world. These shards can restore a Star Crystal
    and restore some things within a realm such as
    a place or thing. To find a Star Shard is by random
    luck as they are typically scattered around the realms.

ORB OF SUBSERVIENCE: A tiny strange ball of light that radiates warmth and comfort. The orb is created through the heart of a person after said individual forgoes something in return. In order for someone to receive they must give. With the Orb an individual can use the item to cleanse a person from Shadow Bugs or restore their/another’s memories. It is a single use item so one must be absolute in their decision.

TRAINBOW(S): Old fashion steam locomotive that travel through The Subspace on a rainbow railway. They are the only way to traverse to other realms that have been cleanse of Darkness. There's no explanation how a Trainbow is made, or why a train as transportation other than it's magic shenanigans. 

THE SUBSPACE: This is the area that is woven on the outer walls of a realm, essentially a ‘crawl space’ plain. There is no light, structures or living creatures within the area; it is a big vast empty space that is pitch black, a void. Despite its slight serenity it is very dangerous as there is no sense of time or boundaries, someone traversing this area can become lost both physically and mentally. The safest way to travel through is use of the train system, thus allowing individuals to travel to other realms and back.

MORE LOCATIONS.
DREAM MACHINE: Hidden deep within the Central Terminal, down a dimly lit corridor where the overhead lights flicker, is a singular door. Behind this door one can find a room, similarly as ghostly as the trek there, the grimey and dusty room holds a single furnishing right in the middle. A metallic chair hooked with cables and monitors. Its origins are mysterious; but this mechanical object is the only way an individual can enter the Datascape.

A REALM OF ARCANE - CATACOMBS OF THE FALLEN: The cemetery in the small gothic town of Salem can be brushed off as a typical graveyard housing the generations past. In reality it's but a mere grain to the vast subterranean burial chambers that lie underneath. To enter the catacombs one must figure out the puzzle in the Nameless Knight’s tomb; it stands proudly in the center of the cemetery. Once solved, the endless cavern of mud and bones is ready to be explored. But be warned, it is said the catacombs hold the tombs of a forgotten cult that feast upon flesh and blood. Perhaps going deep enough you could still hear the wails of their victims.

A REALM OF TEMPORAL - SALT CREST: A modern day coastal town that isn’t too bustling with life, however it isn’t much of a sleepy town either. There is plenty to do in this picturesque place. Along the shoreline there's a neighborhood of suburban houses just a walk away from the amusement park riding the docks. If the loud and busy entertainment area isn’t your thing then the downtown can support you with a casual cup of coffee or maybe a stroll through the central park. No matter where you go there is a little slice of something for everyone, it’s the perfect place to call home.

ADMIN NOTES.
This is an old plot I had that I've slightly tweaked. Hope it interest more people as well as the added stuff I included in this post. Right now I'm in the process of finding a skin for the site and putting all the info stuff together. So hopefully soon I'll have a beta date for y'all.

If there is anything else you want to know feel free to ask or have any suggestions I'm all ears. As always, thanks for popping in.
pronounshe/him
729written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
So my only concern is that adding a playable zone for every character apped will lead to a lot of locations, very quickly. Maybe the zones could exist IC but only get a specific board for their zone if the player is sufficiently active with the character?

Also my next question: would canons with RL basis be allowed if fanart is used? I.e. Star Wars characters that are from the live action films? This is more out of curiosity than anything.
last edit on Apr 8, 2023 3:43:12 GMT by illidan main

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
illidan main Avatar
So my only concern is that adding a playable zone for every character apped will lead to a lot of locations, very quickly. Maybe the zones could exist IC but only get a specific board for their zone if the player is sufficiently active with the character?
I probably should have clarified this, but not every character app'd means a location is officially added. The only exception would be to 'fully' original characters, as they would have the chance to bring a new location every time but the member behind the oc can opt out of it. Otherwise, it's just the initial addition of the fandom to the site whether it's a canon or fandom oc. This is done to take into consideration niche fandoms who would have less people app'ing them. 

• ex: there are no genshin impact characters on site, but suddenly zhongli, traveler, xiao and childe are brought to recolor. bubu pharmacy will be a playable zone.

• ex: there are no pokemon characters on site, but suddenly ash ketchum, misty and brock are brought to recolor. undella town will be a playable zone.

• ex: mario of the mario series is on site, but suddenly peach, wario, toad and yoshi are brought to recolor. no playable zone will be added.

Hope these examples make it a bit easier to understand. Also to note, just for the initial choosing of a fandom location, it will be picked by staff (just me, for now). The location will be based on what the site is lacking in locations. This isn't to say that members can't add locations. They would simply need to earn points to purchase an item(s) aka plot related stuff. 

However!! As I've mention in the intro post of this thread, the site plot is optional to follow. Recolor is a sandbox rp and main goal is to provide the freedom to write whatever. So there will be a special board, Sleeping Worlds, where members can write in locations that are not 'officially' listed or in locations that have dropped from the 'official' list. The reason behind this to still have it tied into site’s plot (that realms have been invaded by darkness thus limiting access to parts of the world) in some fashion.

• ex: the cat's tail from genshin impact is the only listed playable zone, but you can write in angel's share (under the Sleeping Worlds board).

• ex: victory road from pokemon is the only listed playable zone, but you can write in battle subway (under the Sleeping Worlds board).

Also my next question: would canons with RL basis be allowed if fanart is used? I.e. Star Wars characters that are from the live action films? This is more out of curiosity than anything.

Honestly I'm going to be very lenient when it comes to providing images of you're character. But yes, if you can provide illustrations of your character from the live action material then you should be good. As I'm more interested in learning about your character than seeing actual imagery. Which is why having a FC, No FC, Original/Commissioned Art, Aesthetic images will be accepted.
last edit on Apr 8, 2023 21:06:29 GMT by Deleted
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
citrinitas Avatar
this is all so interesting! will there be a discord for us to join? :D
There will be a discord, I just haven't gotten to making it. I should start working on it now huh. ^^; I'll be sure to announce it when it's semi-cohesive.

Just an fyi for those not so keen on discord. It won't be a mandatory thing. Site will house all the information, while discord be used more as a social aspect for the members. There will be channels for rp related things like current reserves, updates, etc. But that will also be found on site, so for people that don't join the discord you will not be missing out on anything site related.

As for a general update while I'm here. I'm on vacation, but I'm touching up on informational stuff like guidelines, a faqs, starter guide, member groups, etc. Skin and template wise ??? This is kinda slowing me down rn. Otherwise, I'm aiming to have a soft/beta opening phase in May. Hopefully beginning if everything goes ok, if not, mid May-early June. It will be rough but I do hope it be a decent experience for everyone. If there is anything else you want to know feel free to ask or have any suggestions I'm all ears. As always, thanks for popping in.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

ADDED FEATURE(S).
ALL IN ONE PROFILE: Found a skin where the shipper could be placed in the profile section. So there's no need to fumble around trying to figure out where to post your shipper.

OPTIONAL OOC ACCOUNT: Personally I never used them even with multiple characters, but I know others find them useful. So why not have the option to make one if you want.

NO HARD FACECLAIMS: FCs are not required, but for those who want one. Faceclaims will be free reign and no one person can claim one for themselves. However, if there's alot of one particular FC then a limited will be set.

ADMIN NOTES.
It's 3am forgive me for errors. Okay it's been some time since I've updated y'all on anything, and well that's because I've been busy with work. But I'm happy to announce all that's left is just getting the pages/post setup on site and to have profile examples. Everything else should be done, unless I forgot something.

With that in mind, a MAY BETA OPENING looks to be very promising. I don't want to give an exact date yet, in case something comes up. But I'm definitely going to say I am looking for a group interested in participating. I do have a site discord although I'm a little hesitant to give it out openly. Just simply because I'm still working on site stuff so I'll be a bit in-out speaking. Though if people don't mind sitting around a likely relatively slow discord then I don't mind sharing it.

Again, anyone interested in beta testing feel free to message/poke me. If there is anything else you want to know feel free to ask or have any suggestions I'm all ears. As always, thanks for popping in.
last edit on Apr 24, 2023 2:48:22 GMT by Deleted
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

EXTENDED PLOT.
All around you was a thick black sea of goo, creeping ever slowly towards you. Instinctively you fend yourself from the strange substance. However, you realize this fight was proving to be fruitless. The mysterious goo shoots an inky tendril, wrapping it around you. Your vision starts to darken as you drown in a thick sea of darkness.

You are jolted awake, sweating and panting from the strange dream, more like a nightmare, you had. What was that? The question lingered in your mind as you steady your breaths from your panic state. That is when you start to notice you’re in a small roomette. This discovery puzzles you further than you already were with that odd dream you just had.

Before you could do anything, the singular sliding door within the contained space opened. Standing within the doorway is an imposing woman with small colorful wisp creatures lingering around her ankles. The large female enters the tiny roomette, though it seems to change in size to accommodate her. She takes the seat across from you giving you an unreadable stare.

“I’m Astrid, you were rescued and brought aboard my train.” Before you could question about being ‘rescued’ she begins again. “I have a few questions for you… Do you feel sick?” You answer. “Do you know who you are?” You answer. “Do you know where you’re from?” You answer.

Astrid gives a satisfied hum to your answers before explaining things. For those of you who had trouble remembering she simply stated it was a side effect of The Darkness, called The Forgetting. A sort of ‘infection’ that spreads through you when you come into contact with The Darkness. Those affected experience flu-like symptoms and lose their memory.

For those of you who seemed unaffected, Astrid tells you that you’re lucky. Not many survive drifting in The Subspace, especially with how chaotic and full of dangerous creatures it was. Still she is glad you aren’t showing any signs of The Forgetting, for now at least.

With that the train’s intercom interrupts the conversation; ‘NOW ARRIVING AT THE CENTRAL TERMINAL’. The announcement rings three times before Astrid gets up, flashing a gentle smile before leaving you to decide your next move.

MORE MISC.
THE FORGETTING: Sometimes when individuals arrive they experience flu-like symptoms and memory loss, this is known as The Forgetting. This ‘infection’ is due to being exposed to The Darkness. The individual will feel sluggish and have cough fits. The most prominent telling if someone has The Forgetting is the lack of memory they have. At times it will be minimal things like their skills or a friend, other times it can be more severe like forgetting their whole life. To cure someone of The Forgetting is either by over time or giving them the Orb of Subservience.

TINTS & TONES: Also known as "TnTs", are tiny round wisp creatures that operate everything around the Central Terminal and the Trainbows. They come in many colors and sizes, although most are relatively the size of a baseball or soccer ball. These creatures started appearing right when the Central Terminal came to be, likely meaning they come from the same source. It's important to note that Tints and Tones take their responsibilities as the Terminal keepers seriously, though they are not afraid to cause a bit of mischief.

ADMIN NOTES.
Alo! I haven't forgotten about this project, been busy finishing up the last little things and playing star rail. So beta phase will be coming right around the corner. When it gets closer to beta time I'll probably talk more about it on the discord, here (it's still messy as heck sorry). So feel free to join if you're interested in testing out/giving feedback. 

I think that's about it for now. As a little treat I'll share some screenshots of the profile in light mode, and some membergroups in dark mode. Please note these are subject to change depended on member feedback!

As per usual, if there is anything else you want to know feel free to ask or have any suggestions I'm all ears. As always, thanks for popping in.

last edit on May 2, 2023 21:15:43 GMT by Deleted