write a reply

SILK SONG // INTEREST CHECK.

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

* THE STORY: Following the lives of several individuals living day-to-day on a fictional Island called Blackwater, located in the Gulf of Maine. However, not everything is โ€˜normalโ€™ in this sleepy town. Something dark and twisted lies hidden within Blackwater as well as some of its older and newly residents.

* THE BASICS: This is not your typical panfan where canon characters are taken to another world or have their memories altered.

Your character is being reimagined to fit into this dark supernatural world where witches, werewolves and other supernatural beings that creep in the night live in secrecy amongst humans. Youโ€™re free to write your character as a long time resident or a new arrival, as a supernatural being or an ordinary human.

There will be different story arcs but members are encouraged to develop their own narratives through interactions with the supernatural world and the residences of Blackwater.

* INSPIRATION: Various supernatural/horror medias have inspired this idea such as Gravity Falls, Stranger Things, Silent Hill, Stephen King's works, Insidious Series, Supernatural, Dredge, HP Lovecraft and many more.

WELCOME TO BLACKWATER
"a peaceful place to rest your bones"
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

* ADMIN NOTE: Super happy there is some interest in this sort of roleplay. So with that I'm currently working on things. Due note, I don't have a set date nor am I shooting for a particular timeframe. I want to take my time with this and not rush myself like I did with a previous site of mine.

With that, below is more information and Q&As to clear up any uncertainties/expectations anyone has. If you have any more questions or suggestions feel free to let me know.

* INFORMATION: Just to reaffirm, this is a panfandom site (aka canon characters, but OCs are welcome too) where they are living as if they originated in a supernatural world. No missing memories, No being taken by a magical force. Straight up AU where you can write Zhongli as a vampire.

This site will be rated 2-1-2 (PG13) which limits some things for a supernatural/horror site, but I'm brokey so ya know we work with what we got.

There will be no set species to choose from, you'll be free to pick whatever supernatural creature tickles your fancy. There will be 'member groups' that will serve as a general classification for species. (more info to come)

Monhegan Island, Maine is where Blackwater is based off of. Obviously things will be tweaked to fit the site's idea but it's to give an idea of what the location will be like. There will be an interactive map with places that can be found in Blackwater.

* WON'T THIS CAUSE CANONS TO BE OOC: Not really. Members won't be stripping a character's personality, that must stay intact. The only thing that will be alter is just their backstory.

* WHAT YEAR/TIMEFRAME IS THE SETTING: It will likely be somewhere between the 80s/90s. Though it may change just simply because I'm still in the early stages of writing things though I can say for sure it won't be too modern.

* WHAT ARE THE SITE EXPECTATIONS: It will be pretty relax activity, no word count, very freeform. I'm expecting a small member base so it likely be focusing on character stories and community.

WELCOME TO BLACKWATER
"a peaceful place to rest your bones"
7written posts
henkeiearned bits
offlinecurrently
henkei
henkei Avatar
I'm curious about a few things:

1. How will sci-fi canons who are nonhuman things be handled on the site?
2. Will canons from live-action series be allowed?
3. How will the open species thing be handled? Does the first person to play a particular species get to define everything about it, or is there going to be a workaround, like different types of the same species?
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
henkei Avatar
I'm curious about a few things:

1. How will sci-fi canons who are nonhuman things be handled on the site?
If you're asking if they will be accepted then yes. I've set up two classifications (member groups) that correspond with characters that don't fit the human mold per say. This would be Spirit (Ghosts, Cursed Individuals, Embodiments, etc.) and Mystical (Beasts, Aliens, Cryptids, etc.). I'll elaborate the descriptions later when I fully finished them.

If you're asking how a nonhuman looking character will interact with the human world, well that's up to you. You can have them go around looking as they normally do, but this will likely stir problems and maybe start a manhunt for this 'unidentified creature'. (future event idea maybe?) Otherwise you can always have it they wear a human disguise to blend it. But those are some ideas you could do, there's likely more out there. Otherwise I'm giving the freedom to do it how you see fit with your character.
2. Will canons from live-action series be allowed?
Yes. You can use either fanart or photos to use as images. I'm personally not too bother by animated faces interacting with rl faces, I know some people are so just be mindful of that. My only concern is using problematic faces or actors who don't wish to be used in the rp scene, those be the limits there. 
3. How will the open species thing be handled? Does the first person to play a particular species get to define everything about it, or is there going to be a workaround, like different types of the same species?
Unless others feel otherwise, members are free to define their species for their own characters as they see fit. I feel like it will allow members to have freedom in creativity and produce a diverse environment in the species pool. An example would be if someone's werewolf is immune to silver but someone else's werewolf isn't. Of course there will be some limits to this creativity. You can't go off the walls and have your werewolf also be able to turn into a bat or is immune to everything. You'll have the liberty to do what you want but still maintaining some realism (even tho it's fiction but ya know what i mean). 

I hope I answered your or other's questions, and if you have more feel free to ask them.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

* CLASSIFICATION: Similar to other sites, there will be member groups for your characters which will be called 'classification'. The Classification will be use as generalized categories for the charactersโ€™ species within the roleplay. There will be a total of 6: Mortal, Fae, Shifter, Spirit, Immortal and Mystical.

note: more classifications will be added if need be.

* FAE: To define a FAE they are creatures that appear half-human and half-animal. Now the proportions of how much a FAE is part-human or part-animal isnโ€™t universal. Some have been seen to have the legs of a creature but the torso of man, other times itโ€™s the reverse. There are some cases that show these creatures to have minor features such as just having horns, tails or wings but again it varies.

As for their powers, FAE seem to be bonded with nature. They are seen to be able to conjure or manipulate the natural elements such as water, fire or air. FAE are usually tied to a single element but there are rare cases itโ€™s more than one.

EXAMPLES: nymph/satyr, elf, merfolk

* SPIRIT: When it comes to defining a creature as a SPIRIT it can be difficult. These are creatures that are bound to this world through their soul. Due to this fact, SPIRIT creatures do not have a unified appearance among themselves. Some can look human but lack any physical presence, often transparent and wisp-like. Others have been seen to bind themselves/involuntarily be bonded to non-living things.

As for their powers, SPIRIT abilities are linked to the spiritual realm. This can be due in part, they are creatures that are not considered entirely deceased but neither living. What they can do exactly varies among them and still needs research.

EXAMPLES: ghost, cursed, embodiment

* ADMIN NOTE: Hope y'all enjoy this little preview of two of the classifications. I tried to be pretty vague about what each one can look like and do, as I've mention before I want to keep these flexible for everyone.

As for where I'm at right now, I'm working on the town map. Just building up the setting and locations so it feels like an actual place. I was also considering having the option for members to add shops/locations, like a little point item thing.

Anyways if you have any more questions or suggestions feel free to let me know.

WELCOME TO BLACKWATER
โ™ซ hope & pray, you make it back to your own world โ™ซ
last edit on Sept 18, 2023 22:36:06 GMT by Deleted
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

* THE HISTORY: The island was first established by Owain Blacwatyr, a man from Wales who was a practitioner in medicine through natural remedies. Originally the town served as a place of healing due to the โ€˜miracle medicinesโ€™ produced there. However, one faithful day the townsfolk had all mysteriously disappeared, leaving it to be abandoned.

By the 1950s, Marceline Mooney, an entrepreneur from upstate New York bought the rights to the island. Thus putting Blackwater back on the map through various renovations and restorations. Since then it has become a profitable fishing town, a great tourist spot and a quiet place for those looking to settle down. Though something more is hiding within the forest and beneath the rocky shores of this cozy island.

Over the years Blackwater has experienced various strange things. Mysterious disappearances, unexplained deaths, even the odd sighting of inhuman beings. No one really knows whatโ€™s going on or maybe some do; they simply choose to keep quiet. Then again perhaps the eerie rustles, the grizzly howls and elongated dark shadows are our minds playing tricks. Or maybe, something dark and sinister is biding its time and weaving its web.

* LOCATIONS: 
     Loramie Manor - This Manor was once a high esteem estate owned by the Loramies. The Loramie family were among the families that help build the town of Blackwater. However, after a mysterious fire broke out killing the Loramies all that is left is a decaying house on a hill. Some say at night you can still smell the burning wood and the screams of the Loramies.

Sammy's Pizzeria - Welcome to Sammy's, a kid-friendly pizzeria known for its arcade games, pizza parties, play zones and beloved seagull mascot Sammy. Opening hours: MON-THU / 11AM-9PM, FRI & SAT / 10AM - 10PM.

Ice Pond - Rumor has it on particularly cold nights if one were to visit the pond they can see a woman standing in the middle of the pond. Those who've seen her say she bears a blank white face, has pale blue lips and long black hair.

* ADMIN NOTE: I wanted to post the interactive map but like 99% of the map locations don't have descriptions, other than the ones I gave here. Plus I couldn't figure out how to embed it here OTL.

Anyways I've been redoing this map over and over. I'm trying for it to not be too cluttered but also not empty either. I think I found a happy medium, plus members are free to add locations they want to have in the town. I will also not limit the locations to the ones given, meaning if you want to write in a jazz studio and it's not on the map you can.

Besides working on the map I'm considering adding some premade 'associations'. Which will be some wolf packs, covens, cults, hunters, etc. for people to stick their characters in if they want. Otherwise they can make their own for themselves or for others to join. There will be no purchase required, totally a freebie thing.

As always, if you have any questions or suggestions feel free to let me know. 

WELCOME TO BLACKWATER
โ™ซ little sad eyes, i'm a little lonely too โ™ซ
the chalk prince
aliasrook
pronounsthey / them
924written posts
citrinitasearned bits
offlinecurrently
citrinitas
Part of the Furniture
citrinitas Avatar
i still fall for you like suns do for skies.
agreed with everyone else tho, if you need help or even just soundboards- don't be afraid to reach out!

but if not, just know we're waiting with bated breaths for this wonderful concept :eyes:
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

* ASSOCIATIONS: are factions that characters can be a part of. It is not mandatory for a character to be Associated with any of these, as well as youโ€™re not limited to choosing any of the following Associations. At any point you can create your own Association for your character or even for other characters to join.

* THE APEX: A shifter & mystical classification group only. THE APEX are a group made of beast creatures who strive for power and dominance. They donโ€™t care for other supernatural creatures and most of all hate human kind. Their reasons for such seem to vary among the members though most have had traumatic encounters with human species.

The hierarchy within THE APEX follows a simple alpha, omega and beta format. Alphas being the top, then Omegas, followed by Betas. There are five Alphas that run the group, ten Omegas that serve as guardians and the rest of the group are Betas. To achieve higher status within the group, one must fight the individual of the rank they desire in front of all the members. The victor of the battle can spare or kill their opponent.

* EQUINOX: Any classification group. Those of EQUINOX are a group made of many different species who have bonded together with a singular goal in mind; peace. They fight for both humans and supernatural beings, and do their best to keep the malevolent world at bay. The only rules of EQUINOX is to maintain secrecy of the supernatural.

The EQUINOX has a single leader, typically seated by a creature of the immortal classification. Below them are five Captains which each one is represented by one of the other classifications. To become part of the Captains, a current Captain must pass away then one must be chosen by the members of that specific classification

* ADMIN NOTE: Been a bit since I've dropped an update so here are 2 out of the 4 premade groups. I plan to do maybe one more. Honestly I want to leave this mostly for members to fill up with their ideas. I've made the premade associations broad on purpose but they can be very specific with species and don't need to have a purpose for existing. It will be very flexible for whatever members want it to be.

Another update I have is map/locations are 60% finished. I got one more section of the town to write up then the other places on/around the island. I have opted to not write descriptions for every place. Most without it are basic locations like the Town Hall or Beaches, I feel it wasn't important to explain these spots.

And my final update for today is just to say the application will be fairly easy. Like two seconds easy. I think it would be best to have the only requirement for apps be just filling out the basic information (i.e name, species, occupation, etc.). There will be a section for their history & freeform, but these will be optional/you can write/change it whenever you like.

The reason behind this is mostly I feel some people might have a hard time figuring out every detail about their character in this AU in one sitting. Plus others might collab with other members. So I don't want to push/force members' creative mojo. The ultimate thing is this is a chill site and not an exam to see if you get into an einstein college. 

As per usual, if you have any questions or suggestions feel free to let me know.

WELCOME TO BLACKWATER
โ™ซ seri ferin dorin greh, fairy seiry don โ™ซ
last edit on Oct 27, 2023 23:25:06 GMT by Deleted