MEDIEVAL DARKER POKEMON RP

pronounsSHE/HER
12written posts
Cloverearned bits
offlinecurrently
Clover
Clover Avatar
So apparently bringing a sword to a food court is illegal now
So I already have it in the making because I have a problem with making boards jfc but I wanted to see how many people would be interested in joining/running a pokemon rp set in a more medieval setting, with some darker themes? It's a bit of a revamp of an old pokemon site I had but had to shut down due to rl responsibilities at the time, but I really miss the system we had. I don't have a lot written down yet but here's the basics:

• Original setting with various terrains, and the opportunity to discover more areas with progress.
  • Modded pokemon encounters with unique personalities and quirks, and the chance to get pokemon with various mutations (good and bad)
  • Optional missions and treasure hunts with rewards like rare items, pokemon or artifacts
  • Two kingdoms with ranks and hierarchy, actively effected by on-site events
  • Gritty scenarios like violent pokemon, rebels wars, disease, disasters, etc
  • Pokemon from all current regions, as well as 'native' pokemon from here i love the designs ok

If anyone would be willing to join/staff a site like this, or just think the idea's neat, please like or reply to this post! Suggestions and such are also welcome :)
pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar
Question..

Since it is set in the medieval era.. Will the pokemon balls be more crystals? Soul binding? Or... something.

Also would legendaries play bigger roles versus getting caught, like actual gods.. Since it is old old times?

Will it be more focused on Kingdom Politics or more focused on usual catch them, train them, become #1?

Added: The trainers fight along side? With bows, swords, staff warrioress etc. ?

last edit on Jul 28, 2018 4:05:00 GMT by Ginger
pronounsSHE/HER
12written posts
Cloverearned bits
offlinecurrently
Clover
Clover Avatar
So apparently bringing a sword to a food court is illegal now
Hey everyone! Sorry it took so long for me to reply, I'm so glad there's interest for it!

So for pokeballs what I was thinking is they have a more 'primitive' version, basically stone fragments with runes on them that can safely store pokemon in a sort of pocket dimension. 

So far I'm thinking legendaries can't be caught as they are treated like gods in the setting, and maybe keep them as NPCs. I was entertaining the idea of letting them be playable later down the line but I've seen that go poorly on some other sites, so I'm not really keen on letting them be playable. I'd love some more opinions on this though!

The site will probs focus more on kingdom politics and general survival rather than a league sort of thing, though there will be tournaments and such between the kingdoms that people can enter.

And yes! People can fight alongside their pokemon, though this is generally in serious fights such as wars and things rather than friendly battling. 

Soorry, by original setting I meant a made-up region D: But I was thinking more Europen-ish medieval, should have been a bit more specific. Though honestly I'd be fine adding a lot of different medieval cultures, that could be super cool if I could integrate it right.

@noir Yeah, Rotom won't be available (unless I was brave enough to make it era-appropriate forms lol) and any other pokemon that wouldn't really make sense in the setting.

Thanks so much guys, if there's any ideas you think would be cool for this site feel free to post 'em! And if you'd like to be involved in staffing the site in anyway, PM me or hmu on Discord @ Clover#9088 <3
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.