pronounsshe/her
1,326written posts
offlinecurrently
BIG SHOUTOUT BOOBS
Part of the Furniture
BIG SHOUTOUT BOOBS Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
henkei Avatar
I'm interested in this site and have some "out there" ideas for characters based on the "anything goes AU" thing. I was wondering if it would be too early to run them by you.

Not at all! Any questions, you can shoot since that would help garner interests! If you dont mind posting it here though. I do have the character basics partially done.
7written posts
henkeiearned bits
offlinecurrently
henkei
henkei Avatar
I'd be happy to post here!

Character A: A character from a bad future timeline where Pokémon are thought to be (but may not actually be) extinct because Ultra Beasts have ecologically out-competed them. Some contingent of people tame Ultra Beasts in lieu of Pokémon, but they are treated as dangerous monsters, so with no better frame of reference, they assume the same of Pokemon. Their partner is intended to be Xurkitree because of how freakin' weird it is, but that's what I'm the most concerned about (I swear I don't want to be a special snowflake, this is recycled from a romhack idea I've had since SuMo). Poipole could also work if that would be more acceptable, or I could have them be someone who accidentally rediscovered Pokemon in their timeline and be partnered to one (but they do not actually know what a Pokemon is).

Character B: Recycling an old OC from an defunct dystopian site where Pokemon were fully sapient, could talk, and were subservient to humans. She's the head of the government's mad science division who's partnered to either one of her own experiments (a Metagross) or a personal hitman she controls through unpleasant means (a Zoroark). I figured I'd never get another opportunity to use her, so I am potentially looking forward to this.

Character C: A character from a retro-paleo universe where humans and ancient Pokemon live side-by-side. She has absolutely no clue about modern social customs. Her partner Pokemon is some extinct species, but I haven't decided on which! Probably the most likely of these that wouldn't make it to completion if allowed because sometimes I have these super high concept ideas that ends up being less interesting to RP than it sounds on paper.
kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,326written posts
offlinecurrently
BIG SHOUTOUT BOOBS
Part of the Furniture
henkei Avatar
I'd be happy to post here!

Character A: A character from a bad future timeline where Pokémon are thought to be (but may not actually be) extinct because Ultra Beasts have ecologically out-competed them. Some contingent of people tame Ultra Beasts in lieu of Pokémon, but they are treated as dangerous monsters, so with no better frame of reference, they assume the same of Pokemon. Their partner is intended to be Xurkitree because of how freakin' weird it is, but that's what I'm the most concerned about (I swear I don't want to be a special snowflake, this is recycled from a romhack idea I've had since SuMo). Poipole could also work if that would be more acceptable, or I could have them be someone who accidentally rediscovered Pokemon in their timeline and be partnered to one (but they do not actually know what a Pokemon is).

Character B: Recycling an old OC from an defunct dystopian site where Pokemon were fully sapient, could talk, and were subservient to humans. She's the head of the government's mad science division who's partnered to either one of her own experiments (a Metagross) or a personal hitman she controls through unpleasant means (a Zoroark). I figured I'd never get another opportunity to use her, so I am potentially looking forward to this.

Character C: A character from a retro-paleo universe where humans and ancient Pokemon live side-by-side. She has absolutely no clue about modern social customs. Her partner Pokemon is some extinct species, but I haven't decided on which! Probably the most likely of these that wouldn't make it to completion if allowed because sometimes I have these super high concept ideas that ends up being less interesting to RP than it sounds on paper.
oh, easy! These are exactly the kind of stuff the more AU Pokemon worlds I was thinking of! So, all three easily get a pass.

there's no issue either having Xurkitree as their partner. You can even have a dreamer who once controlled all legendaries back in their world. 

Though as a side note, it's still pending how character's starter Pokemon will be had. I just haven't gotten to that yet, but either way, I can see there being multiple options available. Can you still have a Xurkitree though as a partner? Absolutely. Story-wise, we don't have a problem with that. Legendary Pokemon are not the same as the Legends of Past, and they're not even nearly as strong as the Legends of Youth. It will even make things more interesting having the likeness of Legends of Past around. Game-wise... Yeah, no issue either. Obviously, a legendary Pokemon will be stronger than other Pokemon but that's just part of the story. As far as, say, completing quests/missions or events go, our mechanics don't rely on beating Pokemon or winning fights. I'm giving everyone the benefit of doubt that they're here to write a good story. If they're being cringe about how lax the parameters are, that's where the staff steps in.

Speaking of romhacks though - I was in fact just thinking that they're the definition of the Pokemon AU worlds I have in mind. So, if it can be a Pokemon romhack, it's probably totally fine. 
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,326written posts
offlinecurrently
BIG SHOUTOUT BOOBS
Part of the Furniture
hey! so this may be my second to the last update with info. i'm thinking i'm either going to post the glossary so far here, and maybe reworking a better pitch! i received a unaniomus feedback that the pitch was confusing lmao! i will continue to answer/respond to any question here until the site opens - which may be a bit more in mid december so i can make sure everything is set.

the main feature (drama wheel) has been simplified so the post i did about that here is already outdated. i won't go into detail any more about that though. it might even change its name. but the idea of it being a narrative, card-based design will stay the same.

and i'm going to drop it here too: i'm looking for another +1 writer/staff for the site! bonus if you're good at putting ideas to writing. or even if that's the only thing you're good at. as you can see, it's quite a weakness of mine. i've always needed an editor when i got deep into these stuff. just pm me in the site first so i know you're not a random bot adding me.

anyway, here are the pokemon leagues / member groups!

Pokemon League
— the best of the best, the worst of the worst

The Pokemon League is the most powerful organization among Pokemon. There are five leagues in total, one in each major continent: Grass, Air, Mist, Water, and Sand. The Pokemon League has no official function and are no more than a glorified standing army seeking powerful Pokemon to add to their ranks. However, due to the popularity of the Elite Four and the trends that have swept the continents, the population has come to believe the league to be a force for good and justice.

The leagues were established to occupy special tiles that exist in the continents. It's not known what these special tiles do exactly, but it's the reason why they are interested in recruiting strong Pokemon to keep them from falling in someone else's control.

The five leagues, Blue Moon League, Solstice League, Monarch League, Aurora League, and Comet League, have been granted names and phrases by an unknown entity to guide them toward a bright future. However, their original meanings have been warped and twisted to viler, selfish forms, which the leagues have become today.

Some notes-
- No assiged continents decided at the moment
- The affiliated elite four/fables may change when the site opens
- The canons mentioned below are open to be apped as though they are separate characters (with the exception of Wallace, who I'l play). Naturally, they will be made aware that "they" were affiliated with them previously.
- Fables IC-wise will not be able to choose their group. They will be automatically affiliated to the one who summoned them. On the other hand, Dreamers have the freedom to decide. 

• Blue Moon League: Their phrase is "Sefirot Sense." The advice given to them is to utilize knowledge and intuition to overcome challenges efficiently. Foresight will allow a peaceful rest. Instead, it has promoted ideas of indolence, manipulation, scheming and cheating. Their banner is that of a half-empty goblet.

Affiliated members: Legendary Metagross and Steven Stone, Legendary Gardevoir and Dianta, Legendary Copperajah and Rose, Legendary Sandy Shocks and Sada.

• Solstice League: Their phrase is "Traumatic Will." The advice given to them is to hold onto their resolve as they persevere through hardships. Discipline will manage internal and external chaos. Instead, it has promoted ideas of fatalism, authoritarianism, martyrdom and apathy. Their banner is that of a cracked egg.

Affiliated members: Legendary Bewear and Lusamine, Legendary Haxorus and Iris, Legendary Noivern and Zinnia, Legendary Cofagrigus and Ghetsis.

• Monarch League: Their phrase is "Revolution Gift." The advice given to them is to embrace new emotions and allow those to transform them. Pain cannot be undone, but it can be healed. Instead, it has promoted ideas of revenge, greed, foolhardiness, and radicalism. Their banner is that of two coins on top of each other.

Affiliated members: Legendary Pyroar and Lysander, Legendary Exeggutor and Blue, Legendary Persia and Giovanni, Legendary Glimmora and Geeta.

• Aurora League: Their phrase is "Deathless Dream." The advice given to them is to dedicate themselves to a vision shaped by their desires. Wishes will bring out the world's beauty. Instead, it has promoted ideas of narcissism, escapism, zealousness, and nitpicking. Their banner is that of a film strip.

Affiliated members: Legendary Charizard and Leon, Legendary Dragonite and Lance, Legendary Iron Bundle and Turo, Legendary Volcarona and Alder.

• Comet League: Their phrase is "Concept Impulse." The advice given to them is to manifest untold beginnings from conflicts and differences. Passion will bring the world together. Instead, it has promoted ideas of domination, bullying, hypercompetition, and conformation.

Affiliated members: Legendary Milotic and Wallace, Legendary Garchomp and Cynthia, Legendary Crobat and Cyrus, Legendary Lycanroc and Kukui.

kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,326written posts
offlinecurrently
BIG SHOUTOUT BOOBS
Part of the Furniture
here's the revamped promo + more details + new details + opening date!! thanks to for their feedback bc i suck at writing info lol

🎷 are youtube audio links. mind the sound!

🜍

Now we are flames. Now we are fire. Scorching the pain, the kindness, the sweetness, the bitterness. The clouds, the wind. Beautiful and ugly. Our indecently potent “reality” leaves only ashen traces on our tongues. We understand how the stars have found themselves alone in the nothingness of space.

The past sins and the future judges.

✧ Prologue [🎷 ~ Obsession]

There is only one story. This story is about humans and Pokemon. It's a book of infinite pages, filled with souls of eternal quality, creating worlds of light. So powerful is their existence that their simple being produces echoes. Immense and enermous echoes that are a world of their own, spanning from hundreds to thousands to hundred thousands of years. But being empty echoes that they are, these inspired imitations soon fade to nothing, unnoticed, leaving not a trace of their being behind.

They've become too many, and far too stronger. There is an infinity to hold them all, so it's not a problem of "how many is too many." The problem is these echoes are overlapping and intertwining in masses and multitudes. A new form of energy is being produced, subconsciously absorbed by Pokemon from the book. It is unprecedented. New powers and new evolutions are being discovered. It started with Mega Evolution, then Z-Moves, followed by Gigantamax and now Terastalization. More will follow, more powerful than the last. Until eventually, the balance will be tipped and humanity end by the hands of Pokemon.

Fate must be overturned. Worlds born from the echoes must be destroyed. As a Dreamer, you have become a sacrifice for the greater good as your world is prematurely taken out. As a Fable, you have been beckoned to resume the noble goal by working toegther with the destroyers.

Who created such a plan? Arceus, who wishes to safeguard its creations? Or humans, who seek the continuation of their survival?

This ambition belongs to the Legends of Youth, a group large enough to be considered a nation. They have different forms and species and are led by creatures capable of turning a world to ashes.

They are Pokemon.

✧ Three storylines [🎷 ~ Holding Hands]

The beginning of the site plot is set after the Legends of Youth have already destroyed "enough" worlds to put a halt on the demise of humanity. However, that is not the cause behind operations becoming inactive. The twenty Destroyers who served as companions have disappeared. Without them, the Legends of Youth cannot enter other worlds without paying a great price. One of them did turn up recently, however, which reinvigorated the desire to find the rest.

But along this are other unexpected developments. A strange copy of the Paldea Region, Paradox Paldea, has come to be as a refuge for those who managed to survive the destruction of their world. A highly unstable place where time does not move and Pokemon does not exist. Survivors are in need of help. The Legends of Youth are unaware of Paradox Paldea's existence.

Lastly, there is the Soul Crest, a small window into the soul created upon being forcefully displaced from one's story. The Soul Crest matures over time as the holder goes through growth and catharsis. Its existence is due to the influence of a higher power known as the Legends of Past, legendary and mythical Pokemon who have ascended to godhood due to the stories they have accumulated. They are in support of Dreamers, although being concepts, their intervention is difficult to observe. Their very existence is called into question often times.

Members can choose to be involved in these storylines, which progresses as determined by IC development. Together, they make up the Components myth.

• Salt and Light: Finding the 19 other missing Destroyers, along with the mysteries in the Pokemon world, the home of the Legends of Youth.
  • Quick and Dead: Investigating Paradox Paldea. Disrtotions, mystery dungeons, and time machines are scattered about in the surface above Area Zero.
  • Brimestone and Fire: Maturation of the Soul Crest. Character development and such passively progress this storyline. This is a path leading to one attaining greater power.

✧ Playable character origins [🎷 ~ Secret Sky]

Character origins play a distinct roles in the story. Simply put, there's canon characters (Fables) and original characters (Dreamers). Canon characters are those described from the book who possess a soul with eternal quality. Their origin is referred to as "the legends." Original characters are from the echoes born from the legends. There's no specific word used to such origin, but it's been disparagingly referred to by the Legends of Youth as "secondhand", "white noise" and "low fiction."

Fables and Dreamers are presented with the same opportunities and can impact the story equally. Their starting hands are merly different.

• Fable: Summoned by the Pokemon Leagues to assist them in destroying worlds. They start out with one Pokemon from their canon team (legendary and mythical Pokemon included; Shiny Pokemon allowed only if it's canon). The timeline of Fables can be set anytime during their lifetime, even years prior or after the events of their major appearance. (Eg. A "teen Professor Oak" or an "adult Red").

• Metasideros condition: A consequence of the grandness of their souls. Taking a Fable into a reality less than the legends is like trying to beat a diamond with a wooden hammer or running a high-end video game on a rundown, old monitor. Sensations offered by this reality is dulled and warped for them. They can tell when they're hurt; they can tell it still hurts. But it feels like experiencing it through an outsider's perspective watching in, or being in a lucid dream that's still too hazy to appreciate and marvel. Maybe there is a way to adjust with this condition...

• Dreamer: Extracted by the Legends of Past, who have chosen them as a potential champion. They start out with one Pokemon of their choice from their world (can be an unmet or familiar Pokemon; cannot be Shiny, can be legendary or mythical). Strictly speaking, Dreamers are all those who lost their worlds but playable Dreamers are special due to their connection with the Legends of Past.

• Dreamshaped: The destruction of one's world isn't simply a physical incident. With their worlds gone, Dreamers are uprooted from any connection to a story. They neither have a past nor a future anymore -- a fate opposite of death. While death is the end of life, severance from the whole is undoing the life that came to be. Dreamers can remember their lives well (even better than they used to while alive) but are emotionally detachted to them like only knowing them by statistics and facts and none of the sentiments. Maybe there is a way to join the collective again...

✧ Themes and plots [🎷 ~ Exist]

Destruction of worlds, godhood, souls, magic and mystery, and Pokemon being the terrifying, dreadful creatures that they are, there is a side of horror and tragedy to be explored. While you can certainly attain incredible power enough to change reality, the otherworldly adventures are context to the stories of people and Pokemon, separately and together. Paradox Paldea and the Pokemon world are counterparts to each other, a world lacking the other. It isn't a black and white world pitting them against each other. The Legend of Youth who are advocating the destruction of worlds genuinely believe in the goodness of their cause. Both sides benefit better by working together but someone would have to make the initiative to understand the other.

The RP has no stats and shop items. Combat is freeform. It's a very narrative-driven place where members are encouraged to pursue whatever plots they desire. Events will push one of the three storylines forward to give members options on the direction they want to take.

✧ Special evolution and moves [🎷 ~ Gravity Wall]

The site's special mechanic is Chrysoboros, the process of combining blas energy. This allows access to special evolutions and moves that have thus been introduced in Pokemon entries. It's the power used to destroy worlds. Blas energy is the energy mentioned in the prologue.

Every Pokemon has a blas type that canont be changed under ordinary circumstances. Because of this, characters are limited to one special evolution of their choice for that Pokemon. In time, they will be able to combine them all, achieving the status of Destroyer.

Though Chrysoboros, there can be a new power or a special mutation.

New Power

1. Titan Form: Tranforms the Pokemon to gigantic proportions and boosts their parameters. Based on the Titan Pokemon in Pokemon SV.
  2. Totem Form: Transforms the Pokemon into a Shiny variant. Summons and commands lesser Pokemon of the same species, type, or habitat, becoming linked to them. Based on Totem Pokemon and SOS Battles in Pokemon SM.
  3. Master Move: Empowers a move to be stronger or potent, and more agile. Based on move mastery in Pokemon Arceus.
  4. Assist Move: Lends a move to be used by someone other than the Pokemon who possesses the move. Its empowered state is enough to radically impact the terrain. Based on Poke Assist from the Pokemon Ranger games.
  5. Sync Move: Empowers a move to affect an incredibly large radius. Afterwards, the Pokemon will have a “sync buff,” which reduces the effect of status conditions. Sync buffs are shared with Pokemon under their command. Based on the sync moves in Pokemon Masters EX.
  6. Unite Move: Deploys a powerful signature move that can shift the tides of the battle. The effects depend on the Pokemon’s class. Based on unite moves in Pokemon Unite.

Special Mutations

1. EX Evolution: Based on Mega Evolutions. A power exceeding one's species potential.
  2. Zenith Aura: Based on Z-Moves. A power linking a pair together.
  3. Max Factor: Based on Dynamaxing. A power distorting space.
  4. Terastal Phenomenon: Based on Terastallization. A power changing one's type.
  5. Paradox Shift: Change into a paradox form. A power unique to Dreamers.

✧ Character classes [🎷 ~ Burn!]

Characters pair up with a companion Pokemon to attain a character class together and are locked in that line forever. To change classes, characters pair up with a different companion Pokemon. It is possible to pair with multiple companions with the same character class. Characters can freely switch classes simply by adventuring with a different companion Pokemon. There's no need to worry about losing progres or having to max a class.

Classes are based on occupations and are mostly flavour text. A champion does not have to be of the Trainer class; a professor does not have to be of the Researcher class. Classes are like having different outfits. Members are encouraged to simply have fun with it.

✧ Sample movesets and Drama Cards [🎷 ~ Spurt!]

Moves will not follow standard Pokemon effects. Instead, it is dependent on the Pokemon and the role it has; members take liberty in designing the effects according to how it reflects their Pokemon. There will be a general guideline of what actions can be done for a role. It should be noted that these custom moves are NOT the only actions your Pokemon can make. You are still open to freeform moves (attacking, defending, etc.)

This customization of moves is largely inspired by Pokemon Unite and Pokemon Masters.

✧ Advertisement and opening date [🎷 ~ Because the Sky is There]

Originally meant to open in December but I am moving it way into February to avoid getting burnt out! And making sure everything's a-okay! If you want to help, I'm still looking for a writer/staff/editor (not all of the above; you don't have to staff when it opens) and someone to run simulations with for the Drama Card feature.

last edit on Dec 9, 2023 16:24:24 GMT by BIG SHOUTOUT BOOBS
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,326written posts
offlinecurrently
BIG SHOUTOUT BOOBS
Part of the Furniture
happy holidays! so "x will be my last update" was a lie! the only major thing left in the skin is the main profile, which got halted because i am fine-tuning apps and all. i also made a breakthrough with the progression system. i am kind of concerned that i'm still in the drafting phase for some ideas since january was supposed to be where i double down on docs. i will still push through the feb opening, even if it may be a week late. though i really was planning on getting the guidebook out a week before opening.

to help me get in the zone, i worked on my characters! i'll share them here as examples on things you can do in the rp, although only 2 of them have a complete background. it got lengthy! anyway, like i said, i'm still hammering on the app so this isn't necessarily how characters app will go. just thought i'd share em bc i had fun too...

Chase Marks & Lairon - Technician
The dragon rancher wishes to make a dragon ranch again, in a world with no Pokemon, let alone dragons
Arven & Miraidon - Promoter
The professor's son is stuck with his dad's favourite child, a 3.5 meter iron serpent that loves sandwiches
Rekorus Lyrissel Lune & Morgrem - Coordinator
The former female lead who grew old re:remembers her life before she was reincarnated

Wallace & Luvdisc
the hoenn champion doesn't remember getting married, writing a book, or helping destroy other worlds

A trainer. A coordinator. A patron of arts. An advocate of aquatic Pokemon. Lorekeeper. Guardian. Sootopolitan. A stellar disciple. A loyal brother. An indulgent uncle. The pampered heir's moonlit shadow.

Wallace of Sootopolis is a man of many things, but it hasn't always been this way. As a boy, his hands could not grasp anything of value. He could comprehend difficult subjects with ease, yet was ashamed of his mind. He could produce reliable results through hard work, but could not be proud. Everyone could recognize something worthy with him, even his appearance and voice, as if to mock him. To Wallace, they were all shallow and meaningless. He knew it wasn't the world and its people that he was unhappy with. He was discontented with himself. Upon a chance encounter with the local Gym Leader, who was favoured upon despite being an outsider, Wallace took a desperate measure to change himself.

"Are adults happier than children?"

When the Gym Leader didn't reply, Wallace spoke again.

"If that's how it is, then I want to grow up quickly."

Under his mentor, Wallace started experiencing the changes. It must have been some sort of magic. Sounds felt rich to his ears. Voices were genuine. The landscape was vivid and the morning skies embraced him with thoughts of hope and freedom. He thanked his mentor with sincereity he knew he would present a thousand times over more. His mentor didn't quite agree.

"Art has been your true teacher, helping you grow and understand yourself. If you choose to stay on this path, your inspired creations will teach others about themselves, too."

"There were times I thought you weren't being serious. But it was all a test, wasn't it? Bearing through ridiculous things is part of being a grown-up."

"You're the one being ridiculous! I didn't take you in to turn you into a boring old man. I wanted you to have fun. I had hoped your time with me would become a twinkling pearl whenever you feel down and lost."

"I don't know about pearls... I'm not big on freshly-chewed sands from Shellder and not only is Clamperl's pearl big, it's more likely to give me a headache. Quite bothersome to carry around. I'm thinking about a spell instead. A magic word."

The spell did more than twinkle. It gave him wings to soar as his world expanded to introduce him to many kinds of beauty. He was thankful he could still remember them. In the concerning circumstances he woke up to, he needed to keep it together and figure out three things that disppeared from his memories. One: the marriage ring he's wearing. Two: a book he apparently authored, which had significant details taught to him by the master. Three: his involvement in unspeakable deeds with a Milotic who was certainly not his Alice.

Nor the Luvdisc with him a familiar one, who, as he learned, could speak a couple of human words. His vocabulary had a limited pool, and would often repeat them with no particular context in respond. However - and this could have been Wallace's imagination - when he tried asking if he knew who the ring was from, Luvdisc's expression shifted.

"Never mind - you don't have to answer."

At that time, he was telling himself he changed his mind because it was making Luvdisc uncomfortable. The truth was...

but they tore me apart like a hurricane.
[attr="class","mizocredit"]
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.mizocredit]font:bold 6pt calibri;color:#ffffff;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][googlefont=Karla]
[/div]

Shamees Ferrer & Hisuian TyphlosionL
the spirit medium died and when he miraculously came back to life, he realized he was scammed

It is the duty of the followers of Almighty Sinnoh to protect all Pokemon, its wonderful creations. To die for a Pokemon's sake is to die for Almighty Sinnoh. But the way into Almighty's Sinnoh boundless, everlasting heart isn't always simple. To appease them, one can use their resources and connections to employ others to die for their cause. The Ferrer household, a clan of martial warriors and handlers, made a name in Hisui Region serving such wealthy and powerful nobles who wouldn't want their precious heirs to get hurt. But Shamees, son of a bastard mother, is forced to become a disposable soldier after being exposed as a Whisperer, a person capable of speaking with the dead. Its name originated from a cult that served an evil dragon, who, during their mass execution, furiously whispered for their god's name moments before their demise.

Despite the stain and target on him, Shamees survived to adulthood and his exploits would lead him employment under a high-ranking, senior priest of Celestica Temple. However, this senior priest turned out to have been dead for more than a decade. Shamees was summoned by someone using his name - an adopted son, a heretical priest seeking to become a god to replace Almighty Sinnoh.

"The people of Hisui are running straight into a path farthest from Arceus. The light of Arceus will soon vanish from this land and foreigners will wage war in our soil, claiming our name and culture for themselves. Were it only our bodies to perish, we would be free of sin. But to also erase our history built with blood and ingenuity of our ancestors, we would be killing the dead twice and damning our souls."

And as it turns out, he knows how to literally become god.

"My father died for this knowledge. When the world ends, I will meet with the Ancient One."

Whether or not the heretical priest was feverish with his religious zeal, Shamees followed after his employer, bearing witness to his actions that aimed to cleanse the corruption in the region. Even though he believed with certainty that the world will come to an end, he lived everyday with the determination to make a change for tomorrow.

And even Shamees, cynical and exhausted, grew to believe in him. It wasn't the hope that he looked up to. Goodness would only be punished. But seeing the way the young priest lived made the futile struggle of living a bit more bearable.

So you can bet he was damn surprised when he found himself meeting with god after his death. With his employer in his mind, he ended up blurting out in the presence of the Ancient One.

"You're... You're a piece of shit."

but they tore me apart like a hurricane.
[attr="class","mizocredit"]
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.mizocredit]font:bold 6pt calibri;color:#ffffff;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][googlefont=Karla]
[/div]
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,326written posts
offlinecurrently
BIG SHOUTOUT BOOBS
Part of the Furniture
i admit, i'm a huge fan of deep lore and video essays. which is probably why i struggle to write the lore that isn't confusing or lengthy. so this is just something i'll share bc once more i just enjoy doing it - but maybe it would explain some stuff too and share intrigue at the same time! this is most likely not what you'd see in the site. unlesss people would actually like this format ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Matters of world destruction

Apocalypse is an exceedingly simple matter when you are a victim of it. To resist or to surrender, you are faced with the same sight of world-ending powers crushing everything with the unstoppable force of a natural calamity. Why should it matter to you what happens when all have died and when all that has been built up is erased? It's all the same in the end. You and everyone and everything are gone.

But the matters of world destruction is not what it seems. Killing every organism, even disintegrating every object down to its last atom - that is not the objective of destroying worlds. In the first place, for a foreign entity to enter a world was supposed to be impossible until the Legends of Youth attacked.

The Otherworld Rules

Think of a world as as a singular, unique biome. Organisms in that biome flourish because they are suited in the conditions of their environment. If put in a different biome, any slight change can lead to the extinction of a species. This is infinitely truer when it comes to physical bodies, replacing "biome" with "story." Attempting to enter a story when you are not suited to it would be excrutiatingly painful as doing so would cut you off from your connection to your native story. If, somehow, you managed to slip in the world, your unsupported existence will be terminated in due time.

Even a Fabled soul would not stand a chance. Yet, it is one of the requirements for the Legends of Youth to trespass into a world and do what they will to its story.

Sulfiric Soul

One's existence is tied to one's soul. By reaching into the blueprints of one's existence, they can evolve into cosmic dimensions. For beings in the material realm, this isn't possible without divine miracles like true reincarnation and messianiac agencies.

After the ascension of legendary Pokemon to godhood - becoming uncontested laws through all realities - they have scattered about their influence through the power of RUNES. As it is a recent phonemonon, not much is known about Runes except that it emerges from souls whose existence have become a blazing star. Naturally, there aren't many souls like this. Until recently, in fact, there were no such thing. But when the Legends of Youth summoned Fables from the canon legends, these Fables would appear bearing a GATE CREST. This phenomenon would repeat with Dreamers who had their worlds destroyed and again with latter Fables summoned through the same method as their predecessors, the Destroyers.

The Gate Crest allows a direct connection to the soul. With this handy tool, ascension has become a distinct possibility. When the bearer has accumulated enough experience - enough "stories" - the crest will mature and like a fertile patch of land, a Rune will grow from there.

The Rune is a separate subject but as far as destroying worlds is concerned, the important part is now the soul can stand being in a foreign world. By forming a bond with such sulfuric souls (called sulfuric as stars and space in general do not smell pleasant), the Legends of Youth would break through the Otherworld Rules with no problem.

All that work and it's not even part of world destruction yet.

Killing Stories

The matter of world destruction, as mentioned at the start, is not about the physical phenomenon. Even if not a speck of space dust is left, the story of that world still exists. It's like a code in a program that's still around even if it can't be observed or manifested. Stories that are not from the Canon Legends have lifespans, so the only way for the "code" in this context to disappear is to let it disappear by itself.

But as we know, the goal of the Legends of Youth is to preemptively destroy them - to hasten the process. Truthfully, this is impossible to do. No matter how powerful or violent they are, they will not be able to do anything about the story's lifespan. But the clue on how to kill it is right there. The only thing that can do something about the story is the story itself. To destroy worlds, the Legends of Youth would have the story kill itself.

"Flowerbeds"

With the Destroyer and their companion, they bring ruin to the invaded world. Majority of thel locals (if not all) would have perished by then and would no longer be concerned of what happens next. After this stage though is the most important part. With most of the landscape gone, the world is then left alone and sent "flowerbeds." It is more accurate to call it a pit or the abyss, but it received such a name due to the strong aroma of blossoms from the bottom. And from this hole, corrupted Pokemon fueled by the despair around their environment are unleashed. Due to the shadowy aura covering them, they have come to be known as "Shadow Pokemon." But with their very nature changed from companions to unearthly nightmares, those who have lived long enough to witness them refer to them as monsters. Terrors.

While Shadow Pokemon are beings who desire to bring suffering onto others, the purpose of breeding them in these ruined worlds is because they count as foreign entities. With their numbers and their souls being empowered by hate, they are gradually overwhelming the story of the world, distorting it into something that can no longer support itself. Like a virus sent to attack it from within, the story will eventually break in its attempts to repeatedly fix itself, thus completing the destruction of the world.

After the End of the World

With the story gone, there is nothing left but the foreign entities left behind in the world. The flowerbeds have another important task. Like a parasite, they take control of the void where the story used to be. By absorbing the Shadow Pokemon, it creates a eternal labyrinth where the lost souls of abandoned Pokemon wonder. As it is a pocket dimension, it blocks off resonation from other worlds, additionally serving as a buffer that will not disappear until the master of its story is defeated.

Unknowingly, many have already visited such places, both in Paradox Paldea and in the Pokemon world. These things that are known to them as mystery dungeons.
aliasBunny
pronounsThey/Them/Their
151written posts
★BUNNY★earned bits
offlinecurrently
★BUNNY★
★BUNNY★ Avatar
Question: (Not sure if I missed the context or not) But will this RP be stat/game based with levels and a system or will it strictly be story and left up to the writers on progression, growth, and development (with supervision of course).
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,326written posts
offlinecurrently
BIG SHOUTOUT BOOBS
Part of the Furniture
★BUNNY★ Avatar
Question: (Not sure if I missed the context or not) But will this RP be stat/game based with levels and a system or will it strictly be story and left up to the writers on progression, growth, and development (with supervision of course).

No stats or levels whatsoever! Combat and quests are all freeform, so members get to decide what happens to their heart's content. But to pose some challenge, a soft guideline and just some fun all around, there is a mechanic utilizing Drama Cards over progression.

This is actually the next update I'm working on to post here, so I'm going into detail about it and more below:

To illustrate, let's create a scenario:

Rescue of the Stubborn DrampaThe scenario name.
Storytelling Score: 50 Using Drama Cards add value to the Storytelling Score. This is the minimum requirement for the thread to counted as complete.
Props:
- 1 "Stubborn Drampa" actor-type card
- 1 "Unmet Pokemon" actor-type card
- 1 "Cute Inspiration" accessory-type card
These are provided to the rpers. As props, they are optional but making use of them will give better rewards.

Drama Cards are the heart of the mechanic. They are used to represent traits, assets, and actions. When used, their value becomes added to the Storytelling Score. Drama Cards are also used to open Mails, which I'll get into the next IC update. Mails hold the items needed for progression. Generally, if something needs to be achieved through a mechanic, the Drama Cards would be how to go about it.

While doubling as a mechanic, Drama Cards are meant to be storytelling devices. They can be used negatively or positively without affecting the "success" of a thread. You can see a draft of this from Arven & Miraidon's moves:

They go alongside freeform rp. Drama Cards aren't "stronger" then basic freeform rp but they are a great way to highlight memorable moments.

There are different types of Drama Cards. In the scenario, we see two types: the actor-type and the accestory-type. Actor-type Drama Cards are characters you can play. Your Pokemon companions are actor-type dc's but depending on what you want to do in the site, you'll acquire other actor-types. This is common in the Salt and Light campaign, where you can come up with NPC's in Paradox Paldea and play them as if they're your characters. Your "canon" NPC's, essentially.

Accessory-type Drama Cards are to be used alongside Character-type Drama Cards. This would be the bulk of Drama Cards you'll actually use and play around with. Here's a draft with Wallace's:

[CLEVER] RENNAISANCE-TOUCHED
The format goes: [INSPIRATION] THEME NAME/TITLE. The inspiration is based on contest conditions: Beauty, Clever, Tough, Cute, and Cool. The Theme Name is whatever you come up with.
[Jolly] Inclination to science. Since he was a child, Wallace have always had a mind wired to understand difficult concepts. He'd thought of it more as a curse than a blessing, until it helped him apply knowledge to things he found enjoyable such as baking and automobiles.

[Careful] Analytical application. Behind the flair and brilliance, Wallace is an artist that plans his every step. His confidence is backed by calculations, and the risks he takes are according to probability. Of course, he doesn't talk about the process. That part is boring. It's only but the means to achieving a beautiful performance. A very clever illusion.
These are Traits under the theme. Inside the brackets are words based on Pokemon nature. They relate to the description of the trait.

What are the words inside the brackets for? Again, they're simply storytelling devices. It symbolizes an aspect of your character. Mechanic-wise, they are sometimes required to progress but that's in more intermediate scenarios. In our Stubborn Drampa scenario, the Cute Inspiration acccesstory-type dc can be used to equip into a Character-type dc. The reason for this is because in my head, Stubborn Drampa is weak to cute grandchildren. So one way to interact with the Drampa is to use a Cute Drama Card. Not all characters would have this, so it's been provided as a prop. It's up to interpretation, of course. It's the motive of why it's there but members are free to do whatever they want with it.

There's a lot going on and there's more I'm still cooking. I do hope they're fun stuffs despite how it can seem overwhelming to learn them at first. There's no right or wrong answers though. Staff may ask questions and offer suggestions but it'd be your call in the end since you know your character best. This mechanic is purely for fun while still adding to the lore and posing intriguing writing challenges and stuff.
last edit on Jan 11, 2024 7:10:29 GMT by BIG SHOUTOUT BOOBS
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,326written posts
offlinecurrently
BIG SHOUTOUT BOOBS
Part of the Furniture
★BUNNY★ Avatar
About Canons in this RP, would that mean canons from the main/core series, or would that also include side series video games as well (Pokemon Conquest, Pokemon Masters, etc)?

Side series are included! Even non-human ones like Meowth from the anime, or Grovyle from Mystery Dungeon are playable canons.
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,326written posts
offlinecurrently
BIG SHOUTOUT BOOBS
Part of the Furniture
✧ Announcement of Delay

To deliver the experience I want to provide, the opening of Pokemon Evolution: Terror S will be delayed to mid-2024. An update in this thread will be made at least once a month, and any questions will be responded to at any time!

✧ Story So Far...

Pokemon Evolution: Terror S is an experience of reconcillation and discovery amidst the impact of a multiverse cataclysm conducted by the Legends of Youth and the Destroyers in the name of assuring humanity's continued survival. Dreamers, beings from the destroyed worlds of echoes, and Fables, beings from the source where the Destroyers came from, are brought together to face the mysteries of Paradox Paldea and the Pokemon world. The former being the refuge of Dreamers, and the other the home of the Legends of Youth. An uncertain partnership between people and Pokemon begins anew as the presence of Shadow Pokemon, the very tools they used to destroy worlds, encroaches upon their story.

✧ Development Letter

There hasn't been many changes since the inception of this project, but as I'm ironing out the details and refocusing the themes I want it to embody, what I'm after has started to feel tangible. There are a lot of series influencing this work, but when I picture it in action, it turns into a video game. Not by its combat, but by how it brings together a cast from different backgrounds and having them work together (or against each other) in exploring the setting. Adventure doesn't have to be filled with combat and technicalities. I want members to have the ease of being able to just throw their characters in a thread and find things out on the way. This is the Drama Card mechanic I'm working on at the moment. I do have the core established, but it still neeeds fleshing out to be able to cover all aspects of rping when it's necessary.

The other thing I realized is how I want this to be a story of hope. Pokemon has always showcased about the power of friendship and bonds between two completely different species. But that principle has now been challenged with the Pokemon in the setting acting a lot more independent from humans and being the instigator of the suffering of many. While there will definitely be cool combat and fantasy stuff, I want the journey there to also have wisdom and understanding on why and how this partnership is supposed to continue existing.

I have many things fleshed out, but since everything is pretty woven together, it's hard for me to post an update on them one at a time. I am almost halfway through a glossary though. I might post that first.

I am very much aware that this is a risky project I'm running that may give little to no reward with how volatile rping is. It's one of those, "Why not just write a fanfic about it instead?" but the thing is, I do love collaborative writing! And I've been RPing for a long time. I want to try something new and perhaps ambitious, even if it's not popular. I don't expect this to be a big site, but I would consider it a success if the people in it would be happy and if what they create in it would be something they can look back to fondly. I'll be running it for at least a year no matter the activity.

Thanks to those who have posted and liked! I really appreciate them.
aliasThe Man Formerly Known as Fragarach
pronounsHe/Him/His
71written posts
Fragarachearned bits
offlinecurrently
Fragarach
Fragarach Avatar
Ahhhhhhhh!
With the Announcment of Pokemon Legends Z-A im really Hankering for a Pokemon RP. This RP looks really Promising and different looks like a lot of love and hard work is going into it. Im interested to see how this will turn out. So will Dreamers have just as much potential to impact the narrative as Fables? My major worries with sites that mix oc's and canon's is that they tend to favor Canon characters over OC's and the Oc's have trouble getting any relevance