pronounsshe | her
526written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
i will say that taking a different approach to how i play the game has been fun. the way it is shaping up, it feels nearly like a completionist run. i used to do ironman characters on other games esp. on runescape. so, i figured why not?

the premise of the challenge is being as self sufficient as possible without getting assistance from other players. but there are a few additional limitations and exceptions i made:

+ quest, event, and dungeon loot is fair use so long as it is done solo or with npcs. if any content is cleared that requires you be assisted by other players, the loot must be discarded.

+ any equipment loot (gained by player assistance or not) can be stashed for cosmetic purposes only.

+ dungeons, trials, and raids may only be completed once unless otherwise requested by quests.

+ the market board is off limits but npcs vendors are fair use.

+ in order to move onto the next expansion: you must complete the relic weapon of at least one class in order to proceed.

i have other self imposed rules such as completing all the hunt logs and side quests of an area. as well as leveling up all the combat and crafting classes i can to the expansion cap before moving on.

it's a bit of a work in progress with some input from my friends on what seems fair / unfair, the trial and error of seeing what is possible or impossible, and other factors. but overall i think it is a doable challenge for a slow play side character.

if you want to join along or add me, my ironman is jerry mudpie on midgardsormer (aether). he'll be a paladin. 💅

alternatively, my main character is porcelain roze on jenova (aether). when i am playing, i do extremes and all other current content on the regular. white mage and dragoon main forever.