write a reply

Points in User Profile

18written posts
oxymelonearned bits
offlinecurrently
oxymelon
oxymelon Avatar
Hi hello! I'm using Leap's skin Holy Wars on my site and having the hardest time trying to display the user's current points amount in the user profile. This is what I have in the layout templates under user profile:

<div>POINTS</div><span style="display:none;">$[user]</span><span class='money_amount'></span>

But for some reason that I cannot fathom it is displaying like this:

I've tried fiddling with the span class or moving it around to see if where it was placed in the code was the issue with no success. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated! I'd also like to add a button for people be able to send money to other members but not sure what I need for that.
last edit on Dec 12, 2023 18:46:33 GMT by oxymelon
540written posts
Sharpearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sharp
Part of the Furniture
Sharp Avatar
I like big fonts and I cannot lie
I haven't used it in a long time so not 100% on the code, but before that I want to checkโ€” Do you have all the plug-ins you need installed?

Yootil
Monetary System

You need these two plug-ins and yootil should be on top of the other in your load order. A quick note- the plugin isn't maintained anymore.

Monetary Shop

The monetary shop plug-in works with the others and might meet your other needs.
18written posts
oxymelonearned bits
offlinecurrently
oxymelon
oxymelon Avatar
Sharp Avatar
I haven't used it in a long time so not 100% on the code, but before that I want to checkโ€” Do you have all the plug-ins you need installed?

Yootil
Monetary System

You need these two plug-ins and yootil should be on top of the other in your load order. A quick note- the plugin isn't maintained anymore.

Monetary Shop

The monetary shop plug-in works with the others and might meet your other needs.

Oop forgot to include that. Yes I have both and they are arranged with Yootil on top/before the Monetary System. And yeah unfortunately it isn't being maintained anymore. Scrolled through pages on their support thread and couldn't find any solutions.

I did test the same code in the mini-profile and it worked perfectly so I'm sure the code I have is correct...just not sure what the conflict is with the user profile. Might be something specific to the skin and I'm drawing a blank.

last edit on Dec 12, 2023 21:55:03 GMT by oxymelon
540written posts
Sharpearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sharp
Part of the Furniture
Sharp Avatar
I like big fonts and I cannot lie
I installed on a test forum and had the same issue. I looked into it and the best I could find as far as answers was that the plug-in relies on some default classes and heavily customized skins might interfere with the plug-in. They didn't elaborate much further so I couldn't figure out what classes it depends on. Hopefully someone else around here has dealt with this issue before and will chime in.
aliasRinse, Oakey, rickrollme
pronounsShe/Her
76written posts
pancakehouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
pancakehouse
pancakehouse Avatar
SIGMAR BLESS THIS RAVAGED BODY!
โ€” I remember having this issue and, after a whole lot of trial and error, got it working! I think you may have poked around my testing site a bit (lmao). In case you're still having issues and haven't figured it out โ€” I took a look at my coding and it seems that, for the User Profile specifically, I put the Points part in this coding: <div class="container show-user" style="border-top:1px solid #d8d8d8;padding-top:17px;color:"><span style="display:none;">$[user]</span>
       <span class="rinse-money-text" style="font:bold 11px Open Sans;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:.35px;padding-left:15px;text-transform:uppercase;">POINTS</span>
       <span class="money_amount" style="font:11px Open Sans;line-height:10px;margin-left:89px;"></span></div>

Maybe try adding that "container show-user" class to a parent div just for the points part and it will work? It was some very long months ago that I messed around with everything, but maybe that was what ended up working for me? Worth a try! If it doesn't work I can try and take a closer look and see if I can't remember what else I tried to get it working.

an original powers rp
18written posts
oxymelonearned bits
offlinecurrently
oxymelon
oxymelon Avatar
pancakehouse Avatar
โ€” I remember having this issue and, after a whole lot of trial and error, got it working! I think you may have poked around my testing site a bit (lmao). In case you're still having issues and haven't figured it out โ€” I took a look at my coding and it seems that, for the User Profile specifically, I put the Points part in this coding: <div class="container show-user" style="border-top:1px solid #d8d8d8;padding-top:17px;color:"><span style="display:none;">$[user]</span>
       <span class="rinse-money-text" style="font:bold 11px Open Sans;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:.35px;padding-left:15px;text-transform:uppercase;">POINTS</span>
       <span class="money_amount" style="font:11px Open Sans;line-height:10px;margin-left:89px;"></span></div>

Maybe try adding that "container show-user" class to a parent div just for the points part and it will work? It was some very long months ago that I messed around with everything, but maybe that was what ended up working for me? Worth a try! If it doesn't work I can try and take a closer look and see if I can't remember what else I tried to get it working.

I did poke around to see if it was working for you or not since you had helped me before with the tabbed posting and we're using the same skin lolol Hope that was okay!

The code worked and the points are now displaying! THANK YOU! I'll have to fiddle with the styling portions a bit since I don't have the rinse-money-text in my css haha but thank you so so much!