What draws you to animanga rp?

kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,333written posts
offlinecurrently
emotional over wallace event/alt
The Law Avatar
Like, I've been in this hobby for a long time, long enough to remember a time when nobody batted an eyelid when half a dozen characters were running around a site with Sephiroth FCs. Sure, I understand the sentiment behind wanting a distinct look for one's character - but this is an instance of where Reality is Unrealistic.

itโ€™s not first and foremost about a distinct look, but exactly bc of the scenario you gave. We dont want to have multiple people of the same faces running around, not unintentionally anyway. FC claim at least curbs that with some limitations. If fcs happen to look alike, thatโ€™s fine and cool. Still not the same as being the exact sephiroth face. I think it worked in the past bc people werenโ€™t closely interacting with one another - at least in sites where fc wasnt a thing. People didnt have to care. But now ordinarily sites have interwoven connections.

And not to mention post layout highlights character avatar. It can get visually confusing when interacting with accounts with the same fcโ€™s.
last edit on Dec 17, 2023 17:22:25 GMT by ๐Ÿ’– โ‡๏ธ baa ~ dumm! โ‡๏ธ ๐Ÿ’–
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/any
730written posts
sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
having done rl, animanga and animal rp and enjoyed them all, i think it's safe to say that for all of them, they scratch a different itch. that being said, i understand why people are uncomfortable with using rl faces for rp. it always made me feel a bit....weird also, but the vibes in rl rp spaces is simply so different than it is in our community that you kinda just get over it if you want to be apart of the community. i was only ever in it bc i wanted to write with a friend of mine, but i enjoyed my time there, and there are things about the rl rp community that i enjoy- and that i'm glad to see are starting to be incorporated into ours as well (such as the main profile app, the shipper app, etc)

i started off in animal rp, and i always come back to it bc it's a comfort for me. but i've always considered animanga rp to be my home. anime was such a safe space for me as a severely depressed teenager, and that's what def drew me to it for rp. i was already a rper by the time i discovered anime, so it was a natural leeway for me to start writing animanga roleplay. i definitely enjoy using pretty anime characters for faces, and i love the creativity of our members in the coding animanga community. i'm inspired by others constantly and it makes me want to be a better writer and coder for sure.

also i've been doing it for over a decade at this point and i feel like it's too late to change up LMAO