write a reply

[IC] Desolate Dawn Online

40written posts
mythearned bits
offlinecurrently
myth
myth Avatar

Hello fellow RPers! 

After my concluded interest poll, which was a tie, I have decided to combine the two top results. The skin is currently in progress and I don't have an official timeline on when it will be complete or when the site could open. 

Some basics about the site:

The latest VRMMORPG has hit the market: Desolate Dawn Online! Instead of your typical fantasy VR game this one takes what you love about dark, gritty, ZOMBIES! and merges them into a game. It's been about 10 years since the outbreak, so there is an established safe haven that servers as a central hub for all players, both new and veterans. I am thinking to have smaller safe outposts scattered across the zombie infected land. 

I don't really have any crazy systems planned. There will be levels in the game that are earned by posting. No crazy stats, just levels. There will also be the RPG triangle of Tank, DPS, and Support for you to choose from. To determine power, you just use your level. So a level 10 DPS will be stronger than someone who is a level 5 DPS. I want players to focus on writing and plotting with members rather than worrying about numbers and min-maxing.

There will be a site currency earned from posts as well that can be used in the onsite shop. 

A lite equipment system, with various rarities (think World of Warcraft: Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary etc.)  These will have levels as well which can be upgraded by spending your earned currency via the site shop. Item strength is similar to character levels. A level 10 Uncommon Pistol is weaker than a level 10 Epic Pistol. You use both character levels and equipment levels to determine your overall character power. I am thinking about have a max level for both character and equipment, so, lets say its 50. You'd need to be level 50 to equip and use a level 50 item, no matter the rarity.  

This VR game doesn't trap you in the game and there will be out of the game IC areas. So if you wanna hop in the game for a few hours, tackle a zombie horde with friends etc, and then logout so you can make it to work on time, you can! I want players to have the freedom to play how they want, whether your character no lifes the game, or you're a 'dad/mom' gamer and can only play a few hours a night. Interacting with your friends outside the game is important too! Maybe you have a group of friends that all play the game together and form a guild or maybe you just moved to town and are looking for friends to hangout with inside and outside the game. 

All ideas are not 100% fleshed out, but these are what I am brainstorming with. 

I'd love you hear what you think and if you have any idea or feedback, please share. I will provide any updates as needed! Thank you :)
You may also reach me at my discord: exaltedmyth 

last edit on Feb 3, 2024 6:11:04 GMT by myth
the waking storm
aliasLuxu, TenebraeQueene
pronounsShe/They
313written posts
Galeforceearned bits
offlinecurrently
Galeforce
Galeforce Avatar
covered in scars but roses are coming through the cracks
omg! just giving us the best of both worlds! i love it! the idea of a post-apoc zombie vrmmorpg was not on my bingo list but i'm all for it! i eagerly await your progress with the site! <3
the waking storm
aliasLuxu, TenebraeQueene
pronounsShe/They
313written posts
Galeforceearned bits
offlinecurrently
Galeforce
Galeforce Avatar
covered in scars but roses are coming through the cracks

i have a question! will it be like a "traditional" and/or "grounded" zombie post-apoc? or will it have some supernatural elements? like for example the upcoming game "once human". where it had eldritch creatures and psychic powers? if not, could people just like... buy supernatural-looking skins/costumes? so we can have an excuse to have a character run around with dragon horns or wings or something? :u
last edit on Feb 10, 2024 22:21:36 GMT by Galeforce
40written posts
mythearned bits
offlinecurrently
myth
myth Avatar
Galeforce Avatar

i have a question! will it be like a "traditional" and/or "grounded" zombie post-apoc? or will it have some supernatural elements? like for example the upcoming game "once human". where it had eldritch creatures and psychic powers? if not, could people just like... buy supernatural-looking skins/costumes? so we can have an excuse to have a character run around with dragon horns or wings or something? :u

Currently going with the likes of games like The Last of Us and Dying Light. Once Human was pretty fun though!
pronounshe/him
505written posts
shivearned bits
offlinecurrently
shiv
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
shiv Avatar
WTB> PRIMOGEMS
What I like about the mix between VRMMORPG/zombie genre here, is that the player or event moderator can conduct some high stakes narratives without the threat of permanent death. I think that'll make the genre more accessible and widens the audience for the site. Sure, some may prefer the adrenaline rush of permanent death, but with this premise, I think you can still create opportunities for classic zombie scenes where a survivor sacrifices themselves for their team like Left4Dead's "The Sacrifice".

Good luck with your site, Myth!!
last edit on Feb 11, 2024 2:09:40 GMT by shiv