pronounsHe/Him/His
1,096written posts
lightearned bits
offlinecurrently
light
Part of the Furniture
light Avatar
ix Avatar
a fantasy role play inspired by different d&d settings, runeterra (league of legends), etc., where everyone is encouraged to collaborate on world-buildingโ€”write adventures and quests; create kingdoms; and come up with mythos.

no bazillion page guidebook.
no confusing or overly-complicated systems*.
good vibes and magic only.

*though i do have an easy one for you.

idk much about d&d, but that sounds like you just want to do d&d.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
light Avatar
ix Avatar
a fantasy role play inspired by different d&d settings, runeterra (league of legends), etc., where everyone is encouraged to collaborate on world-buildingโ€”write adventures and quests; create kingdoms; and come up with mythos.

idk much about d&d bc i don't play d&d (not trying to remember rules and spells), but maybe you're right.
;-|
pronounsHe/Him/His
1,096written posts
lightearned bits
offlinecurrently
light
Part of the Furniture
light Avatar
ix Avatar
light Avatar
idk much about d&d bc i don't play d&d (not trying to remember rules and spells), but maybe you're right.
;-|

ye, ye, ye. b/c i think what u just asked for sounds familiar.
i think this site might be to your suiting:

hxllmth.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

i think they're also d&d-inspired and basically have something similar to what you're asking for. (use to go by endorrain) but they've since updated, so idk if it's like what they were before the name change. but i recommend checking it out to see if it's to you're liking, poggies.

aliasNyx
pronounsshe / her
129written posts
avanearned bits
offlinecurrently
avan
avan Avatar
she's the wicked witch of the EAST bro
light Avatar
ix Avatar
;-|
ye, ye, ye. b/c i think what u just asked for sounds familiar.
i think this site might be to your suiting:

hxllmth.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

i think they're also d&d-inspired and basically have something similar to what you're asking for. (use to go by endorrain) but they've since updated, so idk if it's like what they were before the name change. but i recommend checking it out to see if it's to you're liking, poggies.

staffer here o/ (ty so much for the shoutout; sobs) i think the only thing we probably have that may be intimidating is we do have a long guidebook but the plus is that you don't need to read all of it at once to get the gist of the information as a lot of it is supplemental to the world's lore. and if you really don't want to do any kind of systems - you're more than welcome to make a character that doesn't utilize stats if you just want to partake in the world and fantasy aspect!

i like to think our core combat system is pretty easy? but it is based off dnd and we have plenty of members both staff and non-staff who'd be more than happy to help if you want to learn but aren't really sure where to start! we have some members who never really touched dnd before joining and are enjoying their time as well and have even explored dming on the site too!

if you have any questions or want more info, feel free to shoot me a message <3

pronounshe/him
734written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
ix Avatar

currently working on a site that has very loose lore and an optional progression system so. you literally don't have to pay attention to the 5e mechanics to tell stories, and the "rewards" system doesn't offer things for non-progression characters (since the progression is just For Fun and no is punished for opting out). we're also extremely loose with what powers you can have and what magic you can use and what kind of fantasy creature you can create.

we're a bit late on "collaborate on world-building" tho because i've already kinda built the regions but i'm allowing people to create locations within those regions and religions and races and cultures.

we're almost to soft-opening so if you're interested, check the second banner in my sig.
last edit on Dec 5, 2021 16:32:33 GMT by illidan main

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
41written posts
nerdboyearned bits
offlinecurrently
nerdboy
nerdboy Avatar
An original RP inspired by mangas like Darwinโ€™s Game, Kaze no Stigma, Solo Leveling, and other similar ones . Setting is modern day. Maybe set a few years in the future? Idea is a strange game starts to appear in odd and random chat rooms. A link to invite appears for a brief time before vanishing. The game is a mobile game that seems harmless at first. Youโ€™ll be able to join a class which will determine the types of abilities you have at your disposal. Iโ€™d love to see the abilities themselves be pretty open in concept. Letting members make these cool and unique characters.

Iโ€™d like the site to be very story driven. With the idea that these powers start rather weak but grow over time. At the start of the site, the powers would be limited to use only in game official events. Where players compete in various challenges or fights. But over course of time the game becomes so popular and so many people have it that it starts to cause the world entirely to become part of the game. Where the event monsters and settings become real and the world has to learn how to adjust.

Iโ€™d say as for site mechanics, probably minor to no real stats outside of stamina perhaps? Abilities would be broken into ranks or types. But Iโ€™d like to see an abilities start rather weak and overtime grow. So there would have to be some sort of experience and level system put into place.
446written posts
wolfeearned bits
offlinecurrently
wolfe
wolfe Avatar
Monster Hunter type Powered School but in like an Urban Fantasy type deal with some inspiration from Ravenloft and how their Dark Powers/Dark Lords work. Maybe set in the 1990s so there's stuff like AIM chats for an excuse to use IC chat via discord but nobody is like super techy yet with smartphones and shit to easily find information and the ability for me to write WWE style promos and talk shit to other PCs from other classes in the Monster Hunter school who are losers because they're not part of my class with over the top powerpoint presentation transitions.

Maybe a couple of different areas of the world from some incident long ago basically have the barrier between Earth and another not so great world grow really thin so stuff slips through more often and they set up these monster hunting schools there to prevent that since conventionally fighting monsters would be insanely expensive and really bad as a first resort -- like imagine the PR nightmare if five vampires got to like New York City or Tokyo and the authorities could only find and destroy three of them?

Could set entire industries around the monster hunting for like rare materials + paramilitary organizations dedicated to going around world and fighting major infestations.

Basically want formula to be like

Mostly normal urban fantasy where average Joe grocer can live life normally -> Bad stuff happens to interrupt peaceful life -> Back to normal.

I think a lot of settings take similar ideas but make the baseline so bleak and depressing nobody wants to live in the world and there's nothing to fight for. Having a legitimately like normal good happy baseline and having supernatural shit fuck it up occasionally allows a bunch of pulling from spooky folklore and monsters and stuff while having ability to have like purely social/real world events like carnivals and circuses and stuff in between the potential world ending calamities.
pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
Animal roleplay except it's dinosaurs? Maybe a what if nothing killed them...Might lift some inspiration from the good dinosaur just because the idea of dinosaur farmers is my favorite thing...

I have a jcink url snagged for it already but I'm not sure how many people would WANT something like this...
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
ricochet Avatar
hear me out... panfan with pokemon somehow

You wait outside the laboratory doors with all the other single-kids-of-single-moms, eager to put on the Sorting Tuque for your 10th birthday -- even though you are in fact a 26 year-old priest/assassin. No one seems to mind. The Sorting Tuque peeps into your head, a soft beat you can't quite place, and then: the last earworm lyric you've been unable to complete is blurted out loud, where the Mad Professor lost in a myriad of wires and machinery writes harried notes as silhouetted by the crackling thunder outside. It is midday, and there are no clouds in sight. The Mad Professor excitedly proclaims, takes the tuque back from you, and holds up a card - etched embers for some, a droplet of water for others - and hands you a crossbreed of some kind of turtle-rabbit thing you think you saw on Avatar or Don't Starve once.

"w"- you begin, before the Mad Professor shushes you with a gentle finger to your lips.

"Daylight's fading," they say, pointing to where an open grass road would be if you weren't inside with walls in the way. "Sora is the first gym leader, and Zhongli's waiting for you at the Elite Four. The zubat horde strikes at midnight." They usher you out the laboratory with a mountain of miniaturized pokeballs that are somehow the most sensible part of this day.
pronounshe/him
889written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
we will have peace at any cost
noire Avatar
ricochet Avatar
hear me out... panfan with pokemon somehow
You wait outside the laboratory doors with all the other single-kids-of-single-moms, eager to put on the Sorting Tuque for your 10th birthday -- even though you are in fact a 26 year-old priest/assassin. No one seems to mind. The Sorting Tuque peeps into your head, a soft beat you can't quite place, and then: the last earworm lyric you've been unable to complete is blurted out loud, where the Mad Professor lost in a myriad of wires and machinery writes harried notes as silhouetted by the crackling thunder outside. It is midday, and there are no clouds in sight. The Mad Professor excitedly proclaims, takes the tuque back from you, and holds up a card - etched embers for some, a droplet of water for others - and hands you a crossbreed of some kind of turtle-rabbit thing you think you saw on Avatar or Don't Starve once.

"w"- you begin, before the Mad Professor shushes you with a gentle finger to your lips.

"Daylight's fading," they say, pointing to where an open grass road would be if you weren't inside with walls in the way. "Sora is the first gym leader, and Zhongli's waiting for you at the Elite Four. The zubat horde strikes at midnight." They usher you out the laboratory with a mountain of miniaturized pokeballs that are somehow the most sensible part of this day.
ok but i think i would actually rp this so like, someone get on this lmao