Quick Interest Checks

pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
A vaguely warrior cats based site except it's birds, centering around 'flocks' split by general species(aka Raptors, Corvids, songbirds, waterfowl, that sort of thing)...IDK I just watched the Ga'hoole movie again and it reminded me of the severe lack of bird roleplays...
pronounsshe + her(s)
209written posts
(hoekage)earned bits
offlinecurrently
(hoekage)
(hoekage) Avatar
Do forgive me I've seen the treasure's in the bloom but right now I'm just not strong enough for you
a medieval fantasy with the scheming of politics, the allure of magic, and the openness of world and lore building....highly considering trying to spearhead this movement ;w;
aliasrico, holly
pronounsshe/her, they/them
85written posts
ricochetearned bits
offlinecurrently
ricochet
ricochet Avatar
you say, "how can you love me this way?" i say, "it's easy but i can't explain"
(hoekage) Avatar
a medieval fantasy with the scheming of politics, the allure of magic, and the openness of world and lore building....highly considering trying to spearhead this movement ;w;
i'm so down for this tbh
pronounsshe + her(s)
209written posts
(hoekage)earned bits
offlinecurrently
(hoekage)
(hoekage) Avatar
Do forgive me I've seen the treasure's in the bloom but right now I'm just not strong enough for you
ricochet Avatar
(hoekage) Avatar
i'm so down for this tbh

come @ me bc this dummy mind can't seem to get the ball rolling ;o;
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

so... i just saw the news about ConcernedApe's new game, Haunted Chocolitier, and even though I know absolutely nothing about it and literally have just the trailer to go off on... why do I feel inspired to make a haunted town with a chocolate factory already! the atmosphere it gives off is spooky, yet fun and lively and mysterious, and i'm all for it??

Maybe, if this rp was made into a reality, we could have ghosts as playable characters?? ofc, there isn't really that much info out about the game, much less a release date, to really dive into this... but i want to so bad
last edit on Oct 26, 2021 13:31:23 GMT by Deleted
aliasraisin
pronounsshur
87written posts
reisenearned bits
offlinecurrently
reisen
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
reisen Avatar
Not really worthy of putting into its own thread, yet. I was reading a bunch of villainess manga much earlier in the year and this is what popped out of my head. A setting based on common tropes of reincarnation/villainess/I am the duke's daughter-esque stories.

If you're familiar at all with this genre then most, if not all of the names will be familiar. They're just placeholders however.

The Kingdom and all territory it encompasses are known as the Rozenzee, due to the overabundance of the flower in the famed plains surrounding the capital. King Ortho Rozen rules from the seat of power, the citadel of Mondtrane, which sits on the crest of a single hill and surrounded by a sprawling city beneath. Ortho has three sons and one daughter, the Crown Princes(s), who are all of similar age, and due to cognatic inheritance laws, all are viable candidates for the throne.

Under him are the ducal Five Great Houses - Obelia, Eckhart, Seltfer, Podebrat, and Claes. Each controls a large portion of the Rozenzee, and are powerful vassals in such balance that any one of them gaining the upper hand will tip the scales for the others. Naturally, as direct vassals wishing to consolidate their power, they have sent their sons and daughters in pursuit of the Crowns, creating a mess of factions at the Royal Academy.

The Royal Academy is an institute traditionally suited to educating the families of prominent nobles; however, it functions on a merit-based system, which means that commoners are allowed to attend if they show marked results. From ages 15-18 or occasionally further, subjects taught are split into theory and practical courses, including things like swordsmanship, etiquette, horseback riding, and magic.

Magic exists. It's based on spiritual evocation, which means that there's intangible, invisible spirits that are called upon to provide the desired effect. It's commonplace to see magic, but the scale at which it operates is, on average, extremely low. Most people can barely summon sparks, and aptitude high enough to create things like fireballs or enhancement magics are exceedingly rare. However, since it's something that most everyone has, it's properly measured at the Academy, and instruction is given to harness its power, no matter how weak or strong it is.

As far as outside conflicts go, there are two neighboring kingdoms, Sunkland and Remnos.

Sunkland and Remnos are both kingdoms that pride themselves on their martial capabilities, and are usually at odds with each other. However, Rozenzee is large enough that they are deterred from attacking for reasons of conquest or claim, though neither are really lawful reasons at the moment. However, with the support of any of the ducal families, this trifecta could also lose its balance as well. For the sake of diplomacy, royals and nobles of Sunkland and Remnos are both allowed to freely enter Mondtrane, and also attend the Academy if they desire.

Lastly, there are a few customs that are observed unique to the region.

-When greeting a noble of any rank, even inferior, bow or curtsey. However, royalty is exempt from this rule, and if they ignore you, it's considered that they are snubbing you.

-An oath sworn upon a rose becomes a legal contract. Break it at your risk, because you can be punished for it.

-Large animals are perfectly acceptable companions, and it's commonplace to let them enter buildings. You must treat them with dignity and respect befitting a companion, however.

In regards to the crowns there's the siblings who are under quite a lot of pressure to succeed due to their heritage and to save face in front of the ducal houses. Meanwhile the children of the Five Great Houses need only to exceed each other.

They're basically all good at something, so the factions following them are all quite small and mutually exclusive. This can be a goal for a character to tip the balance.

If we're talking military stuff, then despite the advances in technology for civilian life, peeps still fight with late medieval weapons and armor. Personal honor and achievement chasing is still a thing, and there's a custom of giving people epithets for their deeds. Think "Mad Dog Princess" or "The Iron-Willed"

Full-scale war is unlikely but martial instruction is still very popular among men. There's no gender restrictive recruiting but typically a lower number of women commit to such activities.

There are many developed laws in this world, and marriage equality is one. Either side can claim palimony if for whatever reason an arranged marriage is broken, women can inherit their husband's titles, etc

pronounsshe/her
156written posts
Macchiatoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Macchiato
Macchiato Avatar
reisen Avatar
Not really worthy of putting into its own thread, yet. I was reading a bunch of villainess manga much earlier in the year and this is what popped out of my head. A setting based on common tropes of reincarnation/villainess/I am the duke's daughter-esque stories.

If you're familiar at all with this genre then most, if not all of the names will be familiar. They're just placeholders however.

The Kingdom and all territory it encompasses are known as the Rozenzee, due to the overabundance of the flower in the famed plains surrounding the capital. King Ortho Rozen rules from the seat of power, the citadel of Mondtrane, which sits on the crest of a single hill and surrounded by a sprawling city beneath. Ortho has three sons and one daughter, the Crown Princes(s), who are all of similar age, and due to cognatic inheritance laws, all are viable candidates for the throne.

Under him are the ducal Five Great Houses - Obelia, Eckhart, Seltfer, Podebrat, and Claes. Each controls a large portion of the Rozenzee, and are powerful vassals in such balance that any one of them gaining the upper hand will tip the scales for the others. Naturally, as direct vassals wishing to consolidate their power, they have sent their sons and daughters in pursuit of the Crowns, creating a mess of factions at the Royal Academy.

The Royal Academy is an institute traditionally suited to educating the families of prominent nobles; however, it functions on a merit-based system, which means that commoners are allowed to attend if they show marked results. From ages 15-18 or occasionally further, subjects taught are split into theory and practical courses, including things like swordsmanship, etiquette, horseback riding, and magic.

Magic exists. It's based on spiritual evocation, which means that there's intangible, invisible spirits that are called upon to provide the desired effect. It's commonplace to see magic, but the scale at which it operates is, on average, extremely low. Most people can barely summon sparks, and aptitude high enough to create things like fireballs or enhancement magics are exceedingly rare. However, since it's something that most everyone has, it's properly measured at the Academy, and instruction is given to harness its power, no matter how weak or strong it is.

As far as outside conflicts go, there are two neighboring kingdoms, Sunkland and Remnos.

Sunkland and Remnos are both kingdoms that pride themselves on their martial capabilities, and are usually at odds with each other. However, Rozenzee is large enough that they are deterred from attacking for reasons of conquest or claim, though neither are really lawful reasons at the moment. However, with the support of any of the ducal families, this trifecta could also lose its balance as well. For the sake of diplomacy, royals and nobles of Sunkland and Remnos are both allowed to freely enter Mondtrane, and also attend the Academy if they desire.

Lastly, there are a few customs that are observed unique to the region.

-When greeting a noble of any rank, even inferior, bow or curtsey. However, royalty is exempt from this rule, and if they ignore you, it's considered that they are snubbing you.

-An oath sworn upon a rose becomes a legal contract. Break it at your risk, because you can be punished for it.

-Large animals are perfectly acceptable companions, and it's commonplace to let them enter buildings. You must treat them with dignity and respect befitting a companion, however.

In regards to the crowns there's the siblings who are under quite a lot of pressure to succeed due to their heritage and to save face in front of the ducal houses. Meanwhile the children of the Five Great Houses need only to exceed each other.

They're basically all good at something, so the factions following them are all quite small and mutually exclusive. This can be a goal for a character to tip the balance.

If we're talking military stuff, then despite the advances in technology for civilian life, peeps still fight with late medieval weapons and armor. Personal honor and achievement chasing is still a thing, and there's a custom of giving people epithets for their deeds. Think "Mad Dog Princess" or "The Iron-Willed"

Full-scale war is unlikely but martial instruction is still very popular among men. There's no gender restrictive recruiting but typically a lower number of women commit to such activities.

There are many developed laws in this world, and marriage equality is one. Either side can claim palimony if for whatever reason an arranged marriage is broken, women can inherit their husband's titles, etc
I'm crying and throwing up. This this this.

If u need any help lmk 
aliasraisin
pronounsshur
87written posts
reisenearned bits
offlinecurrently
reisen
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
reisen Avatar
Macchiato Avatar
reisen Avatar

I'm crying and throwing up. This this this.

If u need any help lmk 
Glad you like it. As of right now it's simply a concept. While I do have the technical wherewithal to make the site a reality, I'm not so experienced or design-savvy to make it happen quick. I can place a far more detailed version of this writeup in its own thread to drum up interest though.
61written posts
erbalearned bits
offlinecurrently
erbal
erbal Avatar
So I once had a site, it had to be closed down due to life circumstances at the time and a few player hiatuses. I love the world and site premise (Basically humans mutated with animal dna and left to adapt on random planets for entertainment purposes)

I'm mostly looking to see if maybe people are still interested in the idea and if I should revamp the site/if anyone would be interested in working on it with me. Here's the site if you wanna check out more of the lore or check out the planets or ect.

survivalotf.boards.net/
pronounsShe/Her
24written posts
JustTiffamuearned bits
offlinecurrently
JustTiffamu
JustTiffamu Avatar
I've been kicking around the idea of making a Warriors rp, but with big cats instead. I don't have any solid idea plot-wise, but thought it might be fun to do and change it up a bit. (if anyone is willing to make it with me, or brainstorm ideas, feel free to pm me)
The Schediest of All
aliasSche
pronounsShe/her
89written posts
Codingwayearned bits
offlinecurrently
Codingway
Codingway Avatar
She'll tell you a fairy tale, or maybe she'll show your fate....
I recently watched R.I.P.D, and thought of this urban fantasy roleplay inspired after R.I.P.D itself and Haibane Renmei. Basically an action-packed afterlife urban fantasy where the โ€˜chosenโ€™ guide lost souls, and in severe cases, take down the worst ones and purify them.

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
a fantasy role play inspired by different d&d settings, runeterra (league of legends), etc., where everyone is encouraged to collaborate on world-buildingโ€”write adventures and quests; create kingdoms; and come up with mythos.

no bazillion page guidebook.
no confusing or overly-complicated systems*.
good vibes and magic only.

*though i do have an easy one for you.