write a reply

[IC / Question] Is my dragon site concept too weird?

aliasResident Dragon
pronounshe/him
22written posts
Yevodearned bits
offlinecurrently
Yevod
Yevod Avatar
Resident Dragon
Posting in Interest Checks because I donโ€™t want to be accused of making a โ€œstealthโ€ interest check. If this is the wrong subforum, please notify me.

Basically, my idea is this: combining my panfandom-for-OCs idea with my dragon rider academy idea. OCs from your own original universes (or from current/former sites) get isekaiโ€™d into a kingdom policed largely by dragon riders. You can also play as natives of the kingdom, but theyโ€™ll be less flexible than isekaiโ€™d OCs โ€“ Iโ€™ll have to find some way to balance around that.

The idea came to me after I realized that the whole dragon rider RP schtick was a bit overplayed at this point, and I had my panfandom-for-OCs idea sitting in the back burner. So to distinguish my site from the rest, I decided to combine both ideas into one site. I donโ€™t want canon characters (as in preexisting characters like Dante from DMC) for two reasons: because in my experience those tend to get unfairly prioritized over OCs and because I donโ€™t want any face claim overlap.

My concern is that the concept might be too complicated and ultimately too beginner-unfriendly: I want the site experience to be easy for everyone involved. But ultimately, Iโ€™m just one person, and keeping this opinion to myself wouldnโ€™t do much good. So what do you think?