Help please, really strange issue. Jcink tabs.

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Me again. I am so confused, frustrated and wondering why and what and ugh... its a confusing tale but a short one. Basically I'm moving my site to jcink (its a reboot of an old jcink site anyway, useful later on).

SO I went to make my old jcink theme look very pretty and new!!!! I used the original jcink site to do this.. I was half asleep and forgot we were moving urls. ANYWAY I have an information board that was made for me, it has tabs for the packs and they only work on the one site .. me and the gang have tried the new board, my test site and the tabs don't work but they will on the old board. I don't understand why it will work on there but no where else.. its the exact same code and the exact same theme..

This is the board it works on Canine Zero and this is the new board Canes Belli

Oh and I'll mention this minus on canine zero board, when you click the tabs on Canes Belli it does this  canesbelli.jcink.net/index.php#tab2 for each tab like its a broken link or something. 
last edit on Aug 3, 2018 13:34:35 GMT by Deleted
pronounsany
297written posts
flareearned bits
offlinecurrently
flare
flare Avatar
rp is supposed to be fun, remember
can you try putting

<!-- HTML TABLE BY TRINITY BLAIR, DO NOT STEAL! -->

<script type='text/javascript'>

//  Script by TAV of Jcink Forums

$(document).ready(function(){

$("#tabs li").click(function() {

currentprofile = $(this).parent().parent().parent().parent().parent().parent();

$("#tabs li", currentprofile).removeClass('active');

$(this).addClass("active");

$(".tab_content", currentprofile).hide();

var selected_tab = $(this).find("a").attr("href");

$(selected_tab, currentprofile).fadeIn();

return false;

});

});

</script>

under header, and not wrapper?

edit. it just seems like your script is missing but it's already there so i guess it's not reading it?
last edit on Aug 3, 2018 19:17:24 GMT by flare
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
I'm looking through some quick things real quick. It doesn't look like you copy/pasted anything wrong, so I'm looking at the console for errors, and there's something there. Does the working version of the site have this 'http://static.tumblr.com/1vwpqwc/Kixmls5t4/jquery.style-my-tooltips.js' in it? If it doesn't, try taking it out of the page that doesn't work and see if the page works. If the working site does have it, I'll keep digging.
last edit on Aug 4, 2018 6:19:33 GMT by Kitten4u
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
lorrelline Avatar
Aug 4, 2018 6:26:45 GMT @lorrelline said:
 Thanks heaps!!! and I checked the working site does have that line of code.  I had someone else suggest it was all the HTTPS on the new site but I changed that as well and it didn't work. 

Such a confusing issue. 

Do you have it changed to HTTP instead of HTTPS now? The site still seems to think it's HTTPS.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Kitten4u Avatar
lorrelline Avatar
Aug 4, 2018 6:26:45 GMT @lorrelline said:
 Thanks heaps!!! and I checked the working site does have that line of code.  I had someone else suggest it was all the HTTPS on the new site but I changed that as well and it didn't work. 

Such a confusing issue. 
Do you have it changed to HTTP instead of HTTPS now? The site still seems to think it's HTTPS.
Yeah I went through and changed all the HTTPS to HTTP. :) Even doubled checked just now, find some missing ones but still no luck.

Would it make any difference if I put the code in the wrapper instead of a webpage? 
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
lorrelline Avatar
Aug 4, 2018 6:37:49 GMT @lorrelline said:
Kitten4u Avatar
Yeah I went through and changed all the HTTPS to HTTP. :) Even doubled checked just now, find some missing ones but still no luck.

Would it make any difference if I put the code in the wrapper instead of a webpage? 

Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar with jcink's code structure and what-not. Right now I'm just trying to get rid of your console areas so that maybe I can try to narrow down the issue.

But you're saying you currently have the site on HTTP? Because your code disagrees and this is strange. It's still complaining about type mismatch, and when I manually go to HTTP instead of HTTPS your tabs work correctly on the new site.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Kitten4u Avatar
lorrelline Avatar
Aug 4, 2018 6:37:49 GMT @lorrelline said:

Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar with jcink's code structure and what-not. Right now I'm just trying to get rid of your console areas so that maybe I can try to narrow down the issue.

But you're saying you currently have the site on HTTP? Because your code disagrees and this is strange. It's still complaining about type mismatch, and when I manually go to HTTP instead of HTTPS your tabs work correctly on the new site.
Yes its currently all http, I use opera as my browser and it keeps saying content blocked and opera has blocked content on this page that comes from insecure sources. I tried Safari and chrome and still nothing. 

It's okay :) you've been a big help. I do also have this posted on jcink support but haven't had much luck either. If it does help any the code was originally for a proboards site, I figured that wouldn't be the issue cos it works on the old site but thought to bring it up anyway.
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
Looking through how jcink implements all this and it looks like you can just keep HTTPS enabled and convert your links like this. Should hopefully be easy maybe? It seems to be a clear issue of mismatch there though, so knowing that might at least help the people at jcink support fix your issue if this doesn't work.
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.