pronounsShe/Her
1,813written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
The longer I run my site, the more I learn I am oddly not bothered by the “Is this place active?” question... I honestly do not know why, but I can shrug it off easy. Really as long as the person reads the site information after the answer and does not attempt to be spoon-fed site info or just make blind assumptions, I am a happy camper. Even if they do, I just answer a few questions before saying “Oh, but you can find more here.” or something along those lines to get them to read the information.
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,224written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
A good confession: Holy moly I finished the crap I needed to after like 3 weeks of working on it. Now maybe I can ignore all other responsibilities and focus on my real life problems. Haha.

Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,224written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
Started some events today to get the plots a rollin. Let's hope people actually respond to them in a timely manner. -headdesk- being a solo admin is fantastic.

Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,224written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I finally got rid of my new years events. They didn't all get finished, but I've had them up since Christmas time so... I thought it was about time. Valentine's events are still up though lol. The problem when most of your members are adults, they all have freaking lives and work and yeah. It's a problem.

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
When it comes to advertising, I've done both the reply or the locking of the threads. Posting my advertisement first, or linking back to those that have posted on my site first. I confess, not much of a fan of posting on other sites first though just because, what if it hasn't been long enough since the last advertisement had been posted or what if somebody else beat me to it and I missed it when I was out searching for sites to post on first. I find link back's easier when I either one, reply saying it had been done, or two, lock them after I've linked back to them. Either way, I always feel a little bit more at ease with linking back more.
last edit on Oct 29, 2021 18:55:05 GMT by Deleted
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,224written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
When members come up with awesome ass plots that you can make into site wide plots is really the best thing. It really makes everyone feel involved in some way and is just awesome. I love it.

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
iota Avatar
AkiraTsunami Avatar
Started some events today to get the plots a rollin. Let's hope people actually respond to them in a timely manner. -headdesk- being a solo admin is fantastic.
LMAO! I have to NAG SO MUCH to get people to do things! xD When I worked in teams for other sites, THIS WAS NOT A PROBLEM. XD

And despite all my nagging, I always get: "oh, I forgot about that." Even if they mentioned being interested or wanting to do something, it's almost always like that. We actually had to cancel our site's birthday event because literally no one would sign up, even after extending, even after people said they would. XD

-Cries and laughs myself to sleep-
it's so good to know that I am not the only one having problems with this. for the longest time, I thought it was just my inability to staff a site proficiently 

last edit on Mar 10, 2021 18:20:21 GMT by Deleted
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

double posting but--

how do you tell a site that their lack of posting contributes to your lack of posting even though you're the admin? Like, I know I am supposed to lead by example and post and be active too, but when all of your members are just chilling and leaving threads hanging or seem to have no muse for writing threads/posts, then their lack of interest affects my muse and activity too.

Idk, it's weird.