write a reply

Staffing Confessions

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Turns out I am useful, just finished doing the advertisements... On a site note, I question if the site would look bad if I didn't chose to role play with somebody or if I backed out of a thread by another person because I happen to be staff. It makes me worried but at the same time they should be viewing me as a member and not a staff member when I'm role playing... x.x
last edit on Oct 29, 2021 20:52:10 GMT by Deleted
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,802written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
I do not understand how some people think that by knowing and being friends with members on a site they are banned on should automatically get them unbanned. x.x You broke the rules, so sorry, you are not getting unbanned just because you are friends with site veteran Joe Two Shoes. If anything, you have more luck being unbanned by being respectful and understanding the staff's decision. You get a lot more appreciation for that and respect for being able to say "I respect your decision." Naturally, I am excluding false bans and people who just ban cause they wanted to ban that person. In those situations, honestly, it is better to leave in my opinion.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
I always feel wary when looking over applications. I want to be lax like my friend. I look at the applications I accept verses the ones my friend does and think to myself, damn I ask too much, don't I? I am really tempted to just let my friend handle it because she knows what she is looking for on these applications.
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,245written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
i honestly think it's such a disservice to think of your site as a product that you're trying to sell.

part of it is because i just don't think that infinite growth is really super healthy for a site (and not something that so many sites should be trying to aspire to), i just don't, and it makes me sad that it seems to be such a prevalent way of thinking in the wider community. but also part of it is because i think that you lose a lot of the charm and appeal of a site to simply distill it down into selling points (especially when so many sites are so concerned with the initial recruitment that they largely neglect the retention side of things).

if you really want to think about your site in terms of salesmanship, it should be as a service, not a singular product, because you want that person to still be interested in what you're selling six months from now, not just now and for the next two weeks while it's still new and shiny and cool.
last edit on Jun 9, 2020 17:45:11 GMT by Kuroya
269written posts
Kei โšธearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kei โšธ
Kei โšธ Avatar
Don't depend on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you're in the dark
I tend to spend a lot of time creating character applications (like I would spend a billion years creating sims characters) and really try to make it nice, organized, and simple, but pleasing to the eye when someone takes a look at it.

And, when a member comes along and destroys it, then posts in the notification thread that they are done.. I-I just,

I edit the entire thing to how I like it and don't even tell them or explain why I do.

I made it look nice, dammit.
540written posts
Sharpearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sharp
Part of the Furniture
Sharp Avatar
I like big fonts and I cannot lie
Kei โšธ Avatar
I tend to spend a lot of time creating character applications (like I would spend a billion years creating sims characters) and really try to make it nice, organized, and simple, but pleasing to the eye when someone takes a look at it.

And, when a member comes along and destroys it, then posts in the notification thread that they are done.. I-I just,

I edit the entire thing to how I like it and don't even tell them or explain why I do.

I made it look nice, dammit.

I do the same thing when someone has a fuzzy avatar graphic and I can find the source image.
last edit on Jun 10, 2020 1:26:46 GMT by Sharp
pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar
this is more of a Theme Designer confession.. but oh well...

I have this horrible habit of Coding All Kinds of Secrets into my Themes-skins.. That lead to Secret pages, Secret threads, puzzles, and just things. The only real way to get to them is by breaking into the source code, highlighting my pages, and/or just simply "clicking" on them by Pure chance. Some of my little hidden "secrets" are harder to find than others, and I honestly Don't expect any member to ever take the time to figure them out. But I do from time to time hint at Plot Events, actions, and/or Secrets that members don't want other members to know about their characters............

Only admitting this because I was playing with some Cool codes... and just got over hyped at the idea of setting a forum to certain modes, that reveal secret bloody - spray painted messages.

currently trying to modify specific threads to post more like chatboxes.. Rip I don't think proboards will allow me..... due to how thread list class is set up....
last edit on Jul 16, 2020 16:56:52 GMT by Ginger
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,802written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
As a staff member I cause randomness like persuading people to add "Eh" to the end of their name cause I am known as the stereotypical Canadian. Chat has now become Canadian stereotypes and humour and as the resident Canadian who acts like a bit of a stereotype, I approve, eh.
pronounsthey/them
127written posts
vvvaporwavesearned bits
offlinecurrently
vvvaporwaves
vvvaporwaves Avatar
[mitski voice] nobody nobody nobody nobody nobody
me when the sites busy or we're counting down to a deadline: oh my god i hate this so much wtf can i retire
me when the sites slow & i have down time/can breath: oh my god i hate this so much wtf can i please get something to do
aliasmiddy, midnight
pronounsShe/Her
670written posts
NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
I've hoarded FC's before. :'D

I have also saved a terrible app before and used it as a DO NOT DO THIS EVER, IT WILL BE DENIED but uh, only because the member who made it was a massive troll and argued with us a lot when we told him what needed to be changed... And just, yeah. I was a lot younger then and I would definitely handle that situation better now but, it really was a terrible application lol.

coming soon.
pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar
Question. Is it possible to put TOO Much Member customization? With Member-filled fields? I just don't Wanna Overwhelm New Members, who might just quit because of the options...... ~~To the point I keep hiding stuff into Staff Only control....~~
last edit on Aug 2, 2020 0:47:22 GMT by Ginger