Staffing Confessions

pronounsshe/her
239written posts
swanskiearned bits
offlinecurrently
swanski
swanski Avatar
To eat or ... to eat ...
Is it just me or have RP sites gotten lax with their advertising rules? It's been a second since I've had to advertise, but I remember a lot of places used to have very strict rules about how to post, when to post, where to post, how to format the title, double posting, bumping, etc... but now there are more sites with little to no rules/guidelines.

I like it. Makes advertising so much easier.
96written posts
offlinecurrently
Shiva the Frostbearer
Shiva the Frostbearer Avatar
Every time I get sick, I start to get lazy and slow. Since I've been dealing with chronic pain and gastrointestinal issues for a month, I've slacked on everything. I feel guilty over it but really, I need to remember Staff jobs don't come before health. I just wish my conscience would remember that.
pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar
I dream of the day a Member just says "Here is a Schemitc Blueprints picture of a Skin Idea I have"

I'm so bad at Designing forum Skins, but can usually 90% code any blueprint somebody asks me to. I think peer pressure helps..plus the focus...otherwise I'll run in circles..... and recode things fifteen times.. and still compare it to other roleplay designs and start all over.

if I seriously have the need to code... I seriously draw it into a journal and then write the most Basic Table coding into it.. while at work or family gatherings...... I like to imagine my family just looking at me coloring random boxes going "the hell?" or writing <table><tbody><td><tr> all over a sheet... with no actual design.
last edit on Aug 19, 2020 1:49:19 GMT by Ginger
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,797written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
Due to the way ProBoards formerly operated groups, I sometimes try to edit my members' profiles to try and assign their groups because that used to be how it was done. x.x I get into profile editing area and just sit there like "Wait... this isn't right."
last edit on Aug 29, 2020 13:00:37 GMT by Chibi Magician
pronounsHe/Him
48written posts
TheMysteriousManearned bits
offlinecurrently
TheMysteriousMan
TheMysteriousMan Avatar
Currently breaking things.
I try to spread positivity, but sometimes people really get under my skin. When I'm staff, I want members to see me as a friend, not an enemy. So I keep a nice face on a majority of the time, and try not to blow up. But I will admit, one time, this guy kept butting in on me and my members conversation about their app, and his comments were all super judgmental and unproductive, so I muted him in all the channels for a bit. He left because of it too. I feel bad about it, since that was kinda inappropriate of me, since I didn't even warn him, but I just burst.
This guy is awesome.
|
|
\|/
v
pronounsnick
77written posts
NICK!earned bits
offlinecurrently
NICK!
NICK! Avatar
no
I really think duo staff teams are the most successful, especially when you have an outgoing admin paired with a get things done admin. you know like someone who is good with coding, is the backbone, dedicated and then someone with a big personality. I've only ever staffed with personal friends and I've always talked behind the scenes to give this kind of dynamic. idk just me?
Stardust in me
aliasEm, Dragon
pronounsShe/Her/Hers
773written posts
rabbitearsearned bits
offlinecurrently
rabbitears
Part of the Furniture
rabbitears Avatar
We're motivated by the stars that we're made of
So someone just popped into our discord and started calling out Mommy/Mom as they were talking.

Sure I'll be your Mom. Just don't expect me to clean up after you.    
pronounsHe/Him
48written posts
TheMysteriousManearned bits
offlinecurrently
TheMysteriousMan
TheMysteriousMan Avatar
Currently breaking things.
rabbitears Avatar
So someone just popped into our discord and started calling out Mommy/Mom as they were talking.

I'm gonna be honest here, I have no clue what the tone of this post is, and it's bothering me lol.

It's sounds kinda light-hearted, like "Yeah sure! I'll be your mom lmao! Just don't expect me to clean up after you! lol lol lol!"

But part of me also reads it as more of a irritated/sarcastic tone, like "Fine. I'll be your mom. Just don't expect me to clean up your mess you irresponsible bastard." 

Maybe I just hear it that way because of the Vegeta.
This guy is awesome.
|
|
\|/
v
Stardust in me
aliasEm, Dragon
pronounsShe/Her/Hers
773written posts
rabbitearsearned bits
offlinecurrently
rabbitears
Part of the Furniture
rabbitears Avatar
We're motivated by the stars that we're made of
TheMysteriousMan Avatar
rabbitears Avatar

I'm gonna be honest here, I have no clue what the tone of this post is, and it's bothering me lol.

It's sounds kinda light-hearted, like "Yeah sure! I'll be your mom lmao! Just don't expect me to clean up after you! lol lol lol!"

But part of me also reads it as more of a irritated/sarcastic tone, like "Fine. I'll be your mom. Just don't expect me to clean up your mess you irresponsible bastard." 

Maybe I just hear it that way because of the Vegeta.
It's the Vegeta. I shall have to remember to use my lols and lmaos to counteract his smug face.