write a reply

Staffing Confessions

pronounsshe/her
156written posts
Macchiatoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Macchiato
Macchiato Avatar
I don’t know how often other people deal with trolls joining their discord, man is it exhausting. They just come, make some edgy jokes that really play on the line, then act all innocent when confronted/kicked.

Like dude u know what u were doing. Just own it so I can go back to playing my dating sims.
pronounsshe/her
404written posts
scyllaearned bits
offlinecurrently
scylla
scylla Avatar
Macchiato Avatar
I don’t know how often other people deal with trolls joining their discord, man is it exhausting. They just come, make some edgy jokes that really play on the line, then act all innocent when confronted/kicked.

Like dude u know what u were doing. Just own it so I can go back to playing my dating sims.

I’ve had a few of these yikes moments.

what dating sims tho
pronounsshe/her
156written posts
Macchiatoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Macchiato
Macchiato Avatar
scylla Avatar
Macchiato Avatar

I’ve had a few of these yikes moments.

what dating sims tho
uhhh Ozmafia, but im about to either yoink Nightshade or Collar X Malice
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
I sorta miss creating websites but it isn't fun when I know I can't code. I know that others stress over coding all the time but I can't help but admire the sites where the admin or staff on that site were the ones that coded that skin. It is just so refreshing to see. Maybe someday I'll learn.
last edit on Oct 29, 2021 18:55:34 GMT by Deleted
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,504written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
spiritfoxxy Avatar
Jan 1, 2021 5:41:58 GMT @spiritfoxxy said:
I sorta miss creating websites but it isn't fun when I know I can't code. I know that others stress over coding all the time but I can't help but admire the sites were the admin or staff on that site were the ones that coded that skin. It is just so refreshing too see. Maybe someday I'll learn.

New year, new hobby? Never a time to learn like today. c:
praise the cats!
aliasthomas, breezescodes
pronounshe/him
820written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
bc Avatar
this is my murder mittens ^-^
wolfe Avatar
The biggest oof is when a member submits like 20 threads at once, and half of them were starters for new people who never replied back. They tried their best.

60+ threads. i made 60+ threads.

spiritfoxxy Avatar
Jan 3, 2021 0:14:49 GMT @spiritfoxxy said:
I don't know. I tried basic template code and I still am trying too learn how too figure that out. We'll have too see what happens.

took me six years of on and off suffering. you just gotta keep at it. it’s a muscle you train up, and it takes a while, and there’s a lot of stretching pains involved
last edit on Jan 3, 2021 20:54:52 GMT by bc
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
I also have mixed feelings between trying to learn how to code on proboards or jcink, especially since v6 will be coming out sooner or later and well... I'll have to learn how to code on the new platform but at the same time, I sorta want to learn anyway.
last edit on Oct 29, 2021 18:55:17 GMT by Deleted
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
spiritfoxxy Avatar
Jan 3, 2021 21:22:39 GMT @spiritfoxxy said:
I also have mixed feelings between trying too learn how too code on proboards or jcink, especially since V6 will be coming out sooner or later and well... I'll have too learn how too code on the new platform but at the same time, I sorta want too learn anyway.

Pretty much adding onto this one. 

I'm in the process of fiddling with the admin sections and wanting to code. It just sucks that that new version is making me hesitant (because I don't want to learn V5 and V6 goes LOLNO). On the other hand, from an admin standpoint, jcink's admin panel makes me wanna punch something. Honestly, it'll take me longer to actual pick a host then learn how to code. Argggh!!
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,237written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
niall Avatar
spiritfoxxy Avatar
Jan 3, 2021 21:22:39 GMT @spiritfoxxy said:
I also have mixed feelings between trying too learn how too code on proboards or jcink, especially since V6 will be coming out sooner or later and well... I'll have too learn how too code on the new platform but at the same time, I sorta want too learn anyway.
Pretty much adding onto this one. 

I'm in the process of fiddling with the admin sections and wanting to code. It just sucks that that new version is making me hesitant (because I don't want to learn V5 and V6 goes LOLNO). On the other hand, from an admin standpoint, jcink's admin panel makes me wanna punch something. Honestly, it'll take me longer to actual pick a host then learn how to code. Argggh!!

it's honestly not a perfect solution (since you obviously still have to wade through the full acp for the initial setup stuff) but i do have a guide on how to limit jcink's acp so you can prune down the acp to what you only need on a day-to-day basis versus all the options you have at your disposal.

(one day i'll finish that tutorial for "how to jcink acp for proboarders". one day.....)

frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,504written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
@spiritfoxxy, @niall, while there is no 'wrong' approach to learning to code, I think it might be worth it to throw this out there: If you're new to coding in general, not just skinning, I would recommend working with HTML templates, rather than diving headfirst into skinning. Skinning may be your end goal, but a skin is essentially just a series of large templates with host-specific variables. Proboards does not have true HTML in its posts (although there is a converter that works spectacularly here on site, so if you do HTML first and want to use it on Proboards, that's also a possibility), but on the skinning end, both use HTML, which means that what you learn from templates will carry over to both (even V6, I'm fairly certain; and if it doesn't, we'll just never use Proboards again. :D)

Godspeed on the ACP side, though, sdljkfhdjfhs. Jcink from the admin's seat is a nightmare even if you know where you looking and what you're looking for.
last edit on Jan 3, 2021 22:37:59 GMT by pharaoh leap
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
, - You two are absolute godsends and thank you for the advice! Will definitely take a look into the ACP thread, Kuroya! Also, starting off smaller is definitely a better idea (regardless if I do proboards or jcink), so I appreciate that. We'll see how that goes though considering it's been a while since I've done coding. :') I can code a justified table with a few small additions and that's about it. Ahaha, but you two have been great and definitely have given things to think about!

Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Blue, Aki, Kazzie
pronounsAny
4,128written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
Staffing confession: Am I too disorganized to be an admin? It seems like my to-do list keeps getting longer, and I don't ever seem to do anything on it. I keep getting distracted by doing other things. Slowly, I am ticking things off of my list, but not before I do at least 6 other non-related things first. I feel like I have a serious problem focusing on anything in specific and that I just do things randomly, while avoiding doing things I actually need to do. Oh well.

phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,237written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
am i the only staffer who gets a lil exasperated any time someone ghosts in the week after an activity check?

like. i'm not mad, and they definitely have the right to do it, i just sigh loudly cuz gdi i literally just got the site tidy and now i have to wait almost a full month to clean those accounts out through the proper procedure even though it's p clear they're gone.