phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,244written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
spiritfoxxy Avatar
Jul 19, 2021 18:56:28 GMT @spiritfoxxy said:
I attempted coding on jcink once more but can't for the love of me figure out how too change the main profile and the member list headers. All I wanted for the main profile was too remove mostly everything from it, save a few fields and the member list headers, I really badly don't want joined, posts, email, and photo listed on there. *sigh*

you won't be able to remove it on mobile view (at least, not without getting very specific with your class targeting in the css) but.

acp -> skins & templates -> html templates -> (insert your template set here) -> member list header. copy-paste the default code from this setup and edit it as you please. you'll then need to do the same thing with the member list row to fix that as well, but it's the same basic idea.

unfortunately, there's not a default template listed for the profile page, so that one you'll have to design entirely from scratch on your own and use the variables listed on this page (which also contains all the variables you can call upon for that sort of thing for all the html templates, not just the profile).
last edit on Jul 20, 2021 0:19:42 GMT by Kuroya
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,159written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
When will my members yell at me for making OP characters? Apparently never because they love them. Why? They're embodiments of chaos and catastrophe... That's it. I keep doing things and they keep letting me. Like I know I'm the admin but damn. Can y'all fan over my people and call me out on my bullshit every now and then? XD Oh well. At least they're more of a problem for me and my own than they are for everyone else.

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
I find myself looking through resources sites to see if any offer tutorials for what I'm hoping to accomplish on my jcink test site. Which frankly is all it is. I'm not looking to open a site at this time, not when I already have multiple sites I'm on and frankly running a site is too much work for somebody like me.
last edit on Oct 29, 2021 18:58:36 GMT by Deleted
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,159written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
I really need to sit down, focus, and write out some information so people can get on making their characters x.x Will I do that? Listen, I am dysfunctional at best okay.

Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,159written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I feel like a really awful admin lately tbh. Things are at a big lull activity wise and the like. But honestly, it's been so busy in everyone's lives, my own included, that it's been hard to keep up, or to push new things. I haven't gotten anything done even though I've had like a week off. Kinda just sitting here enjoying the break from my kid by sleeping and watching tv and playing games rather than working on site stuff. I get that everyone needs a break every now and then but it doesn't make me feel great that I can't even get simple things done on my own site x.x

Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,802written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
I always get nervous replying to site searches that say they want an active site. My site can be having daily posts and the whole works, and I just worry that the individual making the search's definition of active is higher than what my site can offer. I want people to find that perfect site, but I also want to willingly invite people since people are awesome. I just get a little nervous. ^^"
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,159written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
Agreed. We go through random bouts of activity. Sometimes we're really slow, other times we bullet post. It just depends on what the members are going through at any given time. While I wish our activity was higher and that we had more people. I also am kind of really chill with it... Life happens and it's nice to have that relaxed attitude too. I want both XD

Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,802written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
AkiraTsunami Avatar
Agreed. We go through random bouts of activity. Sometimes we're really slow, other times we bullet post. It just depends on what the members are going through at any given time. While I wish our activity was higher and that we had more people. I also am kind of really chill with it... Life happens and it's nice to have that relaxed attitude too. I want both XD

Another VERY good reason. XD My site does the same since things happen. Activity lulls are natural, and damn, I worry our lull periods would turn people away on accident. I do always try to be subconscious of lulls myself and often go out of my way to post to try and keep things close to one post a day. However, that mostly stems from knowing we are active and wanting to assure passerbyโ€™s know that.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Looking back on the sites I've own, I've come to realize I don't think any of them ever lasted more than a couple of months at best. It is times like these why I view being a basic moderator role as best but even than I question if I'm really good for it or not. Not going to lie though, I was tempted to possibly revamp one of my sites but on jcink, just still deciding right at the moment.
last edit on Oct 29, 2021 18:58:21 GMT by Deleted
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,159written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I had no real intention of starting another site. But we'll see where this goes. No guarantees at the moment. Not even a board actually set up. Just loose ideas and a desire to maybe do it. Haven't done that theme since like 2008 but we're livin the sceneior citizen dream up in here.

aliaspor, sef, jdawg
pronounsshe | her
526written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
it's nice seeing everyone enjoy themselves and get invested in / contribute to the world we've built
even if i can't participate as much as i would like to because of staff duties, it really is a good feeling.

all i can hope is that everyone continues to have fun and our site continues to be a safe place for them to enjoy. that's the vibe right there.