aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Blue, Aki, Kazzie
pronounsAny
4,143written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
I did a lot of admin work?? Don't know how or why or when I managed but I finally got myself together enough to do it?? And now I'm like... Wtf do I do now?

Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,143written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
My site has hit a dry spell for a little bit, so I'm trying to think of something good to pull it back to the way it was. Increase activity and do fun things. But honestly the break is a little nice? The lack of activity made it so I could catch up on admin work that I had been meaning to do for months. But now that's done. My replies are also done. And now I have also hit a lull and don't know what to do.

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
In the back of my mind, I think too myself I'd love too revamp sites I had in the past or use up some of the proboards ones that never launched but am reminded that I'm one person and I don't have time too be admin on the site right at the moment. But than again, I always find myself feeling nervous when sites are looking for staff too apply, just because I don't think I'm that great of a moderator. So I find myself as a member, hoping the site lives on without my help because I enjoy being on them.
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,143written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
Almost time for me to start the fall things for this year and I can't believe it's already coming to that?

Also, more of a staff question than staff confession. HOW TF does one properly do events? Like every time I try it becomes a problem of people not responding quickly enough for it to be done in a timely manner. So maybe I was thinking I'd run events on discord so it'd be more instant for people, but like idk anymore and am just about to only do seasonal events instead of site plot events.

phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,238written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
AkiraTsunami Avatar
Also, more of a staff question than staff confession. HOW TF does one properly do events? Like every time I try it becomes a problem of people not responding quickly enough for it to be done in a timely manner. So maybe I was thinking I'd run events on discord so it'd be more instant for people, but like idk anymore and am just about to only do seasonal events instead of site plot events.

honestly, i've found that a lot of it is a site culture thing. a lot of people say they want events but just..... don't follow through on actually rping them out. and like. sure, you can put in something for like "if you don't post to an event thread in x amount of days, you get skipped" but imo that's.... obviously harder to threaten than it is to actually carry out because, y'know, if you have the leader of team rocket making an epic speech about how team rocket will triumph, you obviously can't just have said team rocket boss stand there for 10+ posts because their rper has disappeared.

if you have a culture that actually likes and enjoys participating in events that progress a site plot? you'll not have too much difficulty doing that. but if you don't? imo, you're just gonna keep coming back to the same problem, no matter what format you're using.

(and like. honestly, i don't know the solution either, it's a large part of why i generally avoid plot-heavy sites now, it got real annoying trying to work around the people who weren't interested and on the flip side it got real tiring trying to vibe in a corner if i wasn't interested in xyz plot development that the rest of the site was pushing. but. c'est la vie.)

aliaspor, sef, jdawg
pronounsshe | her
526written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
after starting to staff again - i find myself constantly worrying about how i come off to people.

like if i don't seem as friendly and open as i am? do some people feel i don't like them / hate them even though i don't feel that way? etc.

just very self-conscious about my emoji choices, the way i type, how i joke around, etc.
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,143written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I have given people two weeks to update their claims so I can move things around and clean up a bit. I also need to make sure to update my claims. Hopefully two weeks is enough to crank out a skin recolor, graphics, and whatever other changes I want to do. Hurray for season changes! On a side note I'm really excited for Autumn, I can't believe it's almost here.

Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,143written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
If proboards could ever, would ever, employ an 18+ paid feature like jcink does that'd be great. I'd never leave. As a staff member, it is nice to at least be able to move things to discord if necessary for 18+ content. I'm not just talking the "romantic" stuff either. Quite a few of us enjoy a good gore show. Knowing where to draw that line as a staff though is really important too. Idk why this is a confession today but sure let's go with it.

Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,143written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I have a problem balancing lore to be honest. Like if I put too much, no one reads it and it bugs me. Because everyone asks for it but then they complain that it's too much. Like I'm not about it. How much lore is too much? How much is too little? Where's the balance? And how much of this crap has to just swim around my head instead?

pronounsshe/her
97written posts
mellowโ™กearned bits
offlinecurrently
mellowโ™ก
mellowโ™ก Avatar
You can't please everyone.

The secret is in making something that you yourself would enjoy. Your passion will hold out longer, and others of similar interests will find you.

It's impossible to make everyone happy. So why set an unreachable goal?
last edit on Aug 21, 2021 4:24:44 GMT by mellowโ™ก