Borderlands

pronounsshe/her
35written posts
chirpearned bits
offlinecurrently
chirp
chirp Avatar
decay will feed the bloom

I've been doing a lot of work on the Borderlands rp. I'm tagging y'all 'cause you liked the post about it, but don't feel obligated to participate in this discussion. I won't tag again until I maybe open the site. And if you don't actually want to be tagged for that, let me know!

In two weeks, I leave on a trip, and I won't be back home 'til the 15th. So I don't want to bother opening it until I come back. But I'd like to have everything kinda ready to go for that date, so tentatively, we could say the site will be up on September 16th. I just wanted to run some things by in case anyone has any ideas or opinions! 

Basic stuff: 
- Takes place on Pandora
- 5 years after the end of Borderlands 2
- Canons exist, but are not playable. Scooter still owns Catch-a-Ride, Marcus sells guns, Dr. Zed... doctors. Lilith, etc are still out there, and might pop up in events or quests. 
- Characters can be vault hunters, shopkeeps, random civilians, working for a mega-corp, etc.

Besides that, I had a couple aspects of the site I'd love to get some feedback on. 

- Classes. In the games of course there's classes like Commando, Soldier, Hunter, Assassin, etc. People could create their own classes, and those would be available for general use. Each of those have three skill trees they can focus on.

Take the Hunter class and the three specializations Sniper, Rogue, and Gunslinger for example. It wouldn't be the complex percentage stuff like in the game; I don't really want to bother with numbers systems. It would be more along the lines of, Sniper characters can use long-range rifles and attack enemies accurately from a distance. Gunslingers have increased damage at short range and fire faster. Rogues might get extra loot from quests or event threads.

Personally I feel like it could help people get a better handle on exactly who their characters  are, and how they fight, but I just want to make sure it makes sense? And is there something I should tweak there? I want to keep it as basic as possible while still giving people the chance to differentiate between characters who are within the same class.

- Quests etc. Site events are a must, but quests might not seem as obvious. Borderlands has tons of fun quests available aside from the main story. Quests of course would result in a money system, so then there'd be stuff available to buy, and that means having a site inventory of different weapons/shields/etc. I initially thought about leaving this stuff out and having it be more freeform, but the game has such a fantastic inventory of different weapons, and weapons manufacturers play a huge part in the plot, so it would be neat to have them in there. But no worries, 'cause I don't want it to be too difficult to afford anything. 

To make things easier for people trying to make their cash selling guns etc, they'd perhaps get a bonus in finding chests filled with lotsa guns. Pandora has always had tons of chests with loot laying around. Like I seem to remember having an excess of guns in game, though they wouldn't necessarily be good ones. So completing a thread, a quest, an event, etc, might net players with a nice big chest of loot.

Buying ammo tho would be unnecessary. Not gonna track that sorta thing haha.

Aaaaand... I can't think of anything else. I'd love to field any questions or input though. Feel free to hmu on discord at #juls7119 too. Also, if you didn't see the original post but want a tag when it opens, let me know! 

last edit on Aug 22, 2018 18:44:02 GMT by chirp
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.