Deleted
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","bgboi"]
[attr="class","imgboi"]

[attr="class","txtboi"]
ANAMNESIS - A GUNDAM ROLEPLAY
[break]

Oh my goodness, Kannan, what is this? WELL LET ME TELL YOU.[break]

My first roleplay experience was in Gundam (shout out to the OG Gundam roleplay, SEED RPG), and I loved it. The community rocked, and for a time even flourished. It never seemed like sites were "competing" because each Gundam site was bringing something different. Like UC? Check. Plenty for you. How about that Cosmic Era? That sweet, sweet Freedom Gundam was my first mecha love. Oof. But ever since these roleplays started to fizzle out, I've always wanted to "bring it back" so to speak. And now that I've found a small group of former Gundam RP pals, that effort is well underway in the form of ANAMNESIS.[break]

So, what is ANAMNESIS? You're probably asking.[break]

Well, I've never had a firm feeling either way towards the series's different universes, so what we've done is make our own set in the years transitioning between the 29th and 30th centuries. We've kept the AD calendar for accurate dating and for the sake of simplicity, and are aiming to make combat less about individual pilots locked in epeen space battles and more on ground-based, team-focused combat scenarios. Scouring through and interpreting content written in that b-e-a-utiful Japanese for proper descriptions of technology (just wait till you see what I'm working on for cockpits) and all that jazz has been a real treat.[break]

What is the story, exactly? Another good question.[break]

In the late 29th century, a new "race" of people called "Newtypes" appear. For those unfamiliar, a Newtype is a person born with "an extremely high degree of focus and spatial awareness, almost a sixth sense. They are capable of empathically detecting other Newtypes and are sensitive to the hostile intentions directed at them by others, allowing them to uncannily react to their opponents even before the offender carries out the intended action." (src: GundamWiki). During what is effectively this universes version of World War I, a Newtype is responsible for defeating Germany, and the country is ultimately broken apart. What stands in its ruins is a new nation, Thiobund.[break]

Fast forward two decades, the cusp of the new century. Alban Hertz rises to power in Thiobund and, as the old saying goes, those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it. Thiobund enacts several Anti-Newtype measures, there's a brief civil war in protest, and what is effectively (I'm going to use this phrase a lot) this universe's World War 2 begins with Hertz's conquest of Europe.[break]

The story is inspired by a good handful of different events, but the most obvious are heavy World War II allusions. They're also fighting over the Moon, after that sweet, sweet He3 for their reactors. Because the roleplay is terrestrial, there isn't much going on in space - and won't be until later.[break]

Enough of that, tell me about the robots![break]

Okay, okay. Calm down. As far as the mechs go, we are using Mobile Suits (and eventually Gundams) from the Universal Century. Thiobund and the Neo Axis represented by Zeon MS, while Amalrich (the new and improved America) and her allies are represented by Federation MS. We are currently converting beam weapons to standard ammo types for that unique Giant Mechs Shooting Guns feel without the "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!" aspect given by beams (if you're familiar with the series, you know what I mean). And with some of the extra info I've been whipping together, you'll be a mobile suit pro in no time.[break]

Is there anything else?[break]

Not too much right now, but one thing worth noting: we're putting a system together with the purpose of keeping combat engaging, fast-paced, and most of all fair. Combat utilizes a dice system (using Rolz for transparency) to determine whether or not attacks hit, with different attack types using different dice, and the same going for defense. Some MS have higher armor values or stronger weapons, and equipment like flashbangs and smoke bombs bring uncertainty to the battlefield. We'll be testing that system soon, so I'll have more updates about how it works as we go along.[break]

In closing.[break]

I am hype. We are hype. If you like Gundam and have been itching for a Gundam RP, I invite you to be hype. I will have more information soon and will update this thread with posts containing all that good stuff as we progress. Ask Qs if you have any![break]

In the meantime,
DEUCES.[break]

✗ Kannan

[attr="class","bottomboi"]

[newclass=.bgboi]width:500px;height:100%;background-color:#fefefe;margin:auto;padding: 0 10px 0 10px;;[/newclass]
[newclass=.imgboi]background:url('https://image.ibb.co/fXKhUp/targ.png');-webkit-clip-path: polygon(50% 100%, 100% 70%, 100% 0, 0 0, 0 70%);
clip-path: polygon(50% 100%, 100% 70%, 100% 0, 0 0, 0 70%);width:500px;height:200px;margin-bottom:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bottomboi]width:500px;height:50px;background:#4d4d4d;margin-top:10px;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 100% 40%, 100% 100%, 0 100%, 0 40%);clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 100% 40%, 100% 100%, 0 100%, 0 40%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.txtboi]font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:justify;width:450px;border-left:1.5px solid #4d4d4d;border-right:1.5px solid #4d4d4d;padding:10px;margin:auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.txtboi b]font-family:Roboto Condensed;font-weight:700;color:#4d4d4d;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Roboto:400,700|Roboto+Condensed:400,700]
last edit on Sept 14, 2018 2:31:24 GMT by Deleted
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","bgboi"]
[attr="class","imgboi"]

[attr="class","txtboi"]
ANAMNESIS - A GUNDAM ROLEPLAY
[break]

WHOA, got some updates finally! >:0

So what's new, Kannan?

Anamnesis Dice Combat System (ADCS)

The most significant portion of the update regards our combat system. We've toiled the past week or so putting together a system that will cater to different playstyles while controlling the flow of combat and giving battles substance.

It can be summarized as follows:

All ammo types (or almost all) and melee attacks use dice to determine if they miss, land and if they land whether it's critical. Defending units use a similar dice roll to respond to the attacks, either dodging, blocking, or countering. So far, all tests of the system have been incredibly fulfilling, providing excellent prompts for posts. Modification for certain play types (snipers, assault, etc) is possible with this in mind.

It's important to stress that being shot down in this system does not equate to being killed in-character. Our stance is and will remain that character death is up to the player.

In addition to dealing and taking damage, the system has in-combat repair measures in place if you're feeling the heat. Return to the base, or ship, to have those critical systems stabilized!

Anything else today?

WHY yes, yes there is.

Rank Progression System

This is probably one of my favorite things in the works right now. Ranks play a tremendous role in war stories, and Anamnesis will be no exception. Though the system overall is still a work in progress, the gist of it is this:

Characters can start at any rank up to a certain point (Gunnery Sergeant for [e]nlisteds, Captain for Officers). From here, they will need to rise through the ranks using their experience and feats throughout the war. How much a rank-up "costs" is determined by two factors: the characters rank at the time and any accommodations awarded.

The goal of this system is to reward players putting time and effort into the Anamnesis experience, while still encouraging new or less experienced (or dedicated) players to set a goal and shoot for it. Ranks will likely play a roll in issuing Gundam-class units when the time arises, but this has yet to be determined.

OH, one more thing!

With the rank system in mind, we are toying with randomly assigning characters to different Companies/Platoons/Squads and cycling assignments over time to give characters (and players) the chance to experience the story from other fronts. The first of Anamnesis's stories includes fighting in Europe, Africa, and Oceania to name a few. So troops will have to be ready on any front for a battle! This is a bit more brief, solely because not everything is totally ironed out or finalized.

But yeah, that's it for this update! A good bit of progress, with more to show in this update than I initially planned. As always, drop a post here or hit me up in PM or Discord if you have any questions!

u rock,
✗ Kannan

ps: tagging all who liked/replied so dem updates aren't missed~

[attr="class","bottomboi"]

[newclass=.bgboi]width:500px;height:100%;background-color:#fefefe;margin:auto;padding: 0 10px 0 10px;;[/newclass]
[newclass=.imgboi]background:url('https://image.ibb.co/muNPbe/yhtg.png');-webkit-clip-path: polygon(50% 100%, 100% 70%, 100% 0, 0 0, 0 70%);
clip-path: polygon(50% 100%, 100% 70%, 100% 0, 0 0, 0 70%);width:500px;height:200px;margin-bottom:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bottomboi]width:500px;height:50px;background:#4d4d4d;margin-top:10px;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 100% 40%, 100% 100%, 0 100%, 0 40%);clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 100% 40%, 100% 100%, 0 100%, 0 40%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.txtboi]font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:justify;width:450px;border-left:1.5px solid #4d4d4d;border-right:1.5px solid #4d4d4d;padding:10px;margin:auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.txtboi b]font-family:Roboto Condensed;font-weight:700;color:#4d4d4d;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Roboto:400,700|Roboto+Condensed:400,700]
last edit on Sept 18, 2018 13:58:17 GMT by Deleted
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.