i'll go almost anywhere to find where i belong

375written posts
watcherearned bits
offlinecurrently
watcher
watcher Avatar
All right, let's try again.

Hi, Watcher here, and you may or may not have encountered me and/or a version of this thread before. Various ups and downs in real and virtual life have me siteless currently, and so I suppose I'd take a stab in finding a place to call home, once again.

I mostly want sites for my characters; although with how settings tend to push some of them out if I don't crop or mold them to shape, maybe I should just write a story on my own or make a site--- as I've talked about in Quick Interest Checks--- although I have no idea how to tackle either path. Heads up, I only do animanga face claims or no face claims at all, I don't really care for dystopic or panfandom setups, and I shy away from too much sexual content.

Anyway, character #1:

Let's call him Rhyme, and his genre is fantasy, usually medieval or JRPG-like, although maybe I could actually pull him off for modern... haven't tried, not sure.

Here's how his story goes: Once, there was an angel/spirit/magical being in the service of a magocracy/kingdom/organization, whose leaders had become corrupt and tyrannical over time. He meets a mage who, over time, discovers the corruption of the rulers and seeks to overthrow them, and gives him his aid. However, even as their revolution succeeds, the mage perishes from the effort. Having gotten attached to the mage's sense of virtue and honor, the being transforms into a doppelganger of the mage and loses his memories, and thus appears to be an amnesiac version of the mage. This amnesiac is Rhyme.

You can compare his backstory in the blurb for a setting that I put in the Quick Interest Checks thread. Of course, if he is going to be part of a different site and setting, some details of the above might have to be changed, but I would like the core to be the same--- a mystic being who takes the form of a deceased hero. Rhyme might also only resurface from a ruin of that kingdom after a timeskip, a la Captain America.

Here's the other tricky part--- I kinda want him to have certain abilities. Rhyme has empathy, and from it, a form of precognition, in that he can feel a person's intent and from there predict what they could possibly do. From my experience, precognition tends to be frowned upon in RPing XD From the mage he gains the ability to wield wind and rain, and maybe even turn into water. He could also have holy/sealing/binding/silencing magic to fight as nonlethally as possible.

If I could find a fantasy site for him, I might also want to dump a bunch of other characters in such a site, such as a woman who wields a lot of swords telekinetically, a blind archer who communes with nature to know his surroundings and shoot arrows that turn into trees, a young runaway just learning to wield fire magic, a catguy paladin who fights with claw and throwing shield, a hermit with a dark beast of destruction sealed into his body, and maybe some more since this is getting too long. Haha.

Anyway, for the next couple of characters, I've originally envisioned them for a superhero site. I usually can't put them into such sites because powers are often locked into one source, like mutations or radiation.

Alice is a young girl whose father is an inventor hero; she and her father are attacked in their home (she didn't know at that time that her father was a superhero) and they die, but not before her father using his technology to preserve her consciousness, turning her into a sort of digital ghost that can hack computers, ride signals and literally surf the internet.

Justitia is a legacy hero; the very first Justitia was empowered by the Greek gods and their powers are passed from one generation to the next. Justitia is a personification of lady justice; by taking on the mantle of the hero, she is rendered blind, but her other senses make up for it like Daredevil, and she becomes able to summon two mystic weapons: a pair of scales (think the constellation Libra) that allow her to gradually be faster or stronger if her opponent is faster or stronger than her--- evening the odds--- and a sword that can cut anything that she wishes to cut.

I might also have the idea for a speedster vigilante/villain/anti-hero inspired by the Flash, except fire-themed instead of lightning-themed and has issues with turning, tentatively named Firearm. Also a pseudo-teleporter that actually just phases into a monochrome plane where he could pass through objects and move faster, a la the D&D Etherealness spell... don't have a name for him yet, though.

So, yeah, those are two sets of characters for two kinds of sites, although I'd also really like a Kamen Rider site or a medieval Pokemon site where humans can imitate Pokemon moves... although maybe that's another thing that I should just make. >.> Sorry if this is too long. /runs away
last edit on Dec 17, 2018 12:21:21 GMT by watcher
pronounsHe, Him
133written posts
Doltenโ™ฆearned bits
offlinecurrently
Doltenโ™ฆ
Doltenโ™ฆ Avatar
It's your BOi = P
Well , I don't know what to say I would like to invite you to Slayer, we kinda just started. We are always looking for different characters, and I think your fantasy characters could play a role here. It's really up to you tho.
last edit on Dec 16, 2018 15:47:23 GMT by Doltenโ™ฆ
pronounsshe/her
81written posts
Lacunaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Lacuna
Lacuna Avatar
we're all dancing to the same sad song
I think I might have something for you! MEGA//Sehnsucht is an original fantasy roleplay that technically just started, but it's a continuation/rewrite of a site that was active for two years before that. Safe to say we aren't going anywhere anytime soon!

We use animanga face claims, but also allow original art to be used for characters as long as the one using it either drew or commissioned said art.

Our rating is 18+/3-3-3, but smut threads aren't a focus on the site. The rating's there so that we have the option to explore darker themes when the time is right.

More importantly, we encourage characters from all walks of life. Want an important character? Take up one of our influential canon roles or start your own faction! Or if you just want to throw a character in and see what happens, you're free to do that as well. When it comes to races, we're down with anything that fits the setting - so basically anything except for Gods and technological stuff like cyborgs.
We're also super open with powers tbh, preferring to trust members rather than cap everyone and have them start out with little to nothing. We've barely ever had issues with godmoding, but when we do, we deal with it on a case by case basis.

Same goes for lore; as long as it's not too out there/conflicts with the setting, you're free to add onto it in the form of factions/stuff in your character's backstory, etc. For the record, all the character ideas you listed under Rhyme sound plausible to me!

For chatting, we use discord exclusively. There's always someone around, so if you ever want to drop in and ask a few questions before deciding whether or not to join, feel free to.

Even though the site just restarted, it's pretty active and we've got about 30 active members. I don't know if that counts as overly large, but imo it's not that overwhelming. We're a pretty chill group, and the plotting opportunities are endless!
Hope you check us out.

home โ€” premise โ€” face claims โ€” discord
last edit on Dec 16, 2018 16:30:04 GMT by Lacuna
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

Home โ™ช Premise โ™ช Canon List โ™ช Link Back

I'm not entirely sure how familiar you are with the world of Inuyasha, but it's anime/manga that is based in Feudal Japan, in the Sengoku Period. There are Samurai, Ninjas, Youkai, Hanyou(half-youkai, half-human beings), Daiyoukai(basically youkai who are very powerful and are usually of high calliber, kind of like a "pure-blood"), Youkai Slayers (humans who are trained to specifically kill youkai with a weapon made from their bones), and, of course, Mikos and Monks(who, depending on their strength, have the ability to purify objects/youkai, perform healing or binding spells, perform exorcisms/incantations, put up/pass through barriers, and usually have a precognition of some sort). The types of youkai and hanyou are endless, as long as it makes sense for the character, and you could even do a Dark Miko or Warrior Monk, both of which perform curses and use sacred sutras/weapons for violent spells and corruption. You could even apply for a character who has already died, and has been revived by a witch youkai or a shikon jewel fragment. These possibilities are, of course, limiting, seeing as it is the setting we have the site placed in, but the creativity is in your hands, and you may be able to mold one of your characters into such a diverse world.

We just opened a few days ago, and are currently under-going a soft opening and a slow influx of members, but we would love to have you if you choose to join us in a tale as old as time.

last edit on Dec 17, 2018 5:51:47 GMT by Deleted
375written posts
watcherearned bits
offlinecurrently
watcher
watcher Avatar

I replied in your thread XD

...yeah, I've been invited to Megalomania before. I... didn't go through with it because of the general dark atmosphere and the getting-cursed-when-using-magic bits, I think? Is that still a thing? I'm not quite sure of everything that changed between the site's first version and this one.

Well, beyond that, I'm not quite sure how to feel of a world where the main deity is kinda evil >.> although I guess as an angel my character could be allied eventually with the Order of the First Star... how would I pull off the backstory though... could the character be one of Orpheus's angels who end up being convinced by a human mage from the Order?

In any case, thanks for replying! I'm indecisive, so I might consider this option a little more.

@dreams

Hrmmm. I guess the main problem here is with the setting of Inu Yasha, what I'll probably be aiming for is a youkai that has empathy and can do seals, and a human that can control water and wind, when the other way around would probably be easier or more usual. What do you think?
last edit on Dec 17, 2018 12:04:00 GMT by watcher
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
watcher Avatar

I replied in your thread XD

...yeah, I've been invited to Megalomania before. I... didn't go through with it because of the general dark atmosphere and the getting-cursed-when-using-magic bits, I think? Is that still a thing? I'm not quite sure of everything that changed between the site's first version and this one.

Well, beyond that, I'm not quite sure how to feel of a world where the main deity is kinda evil >.> although I guess as an angel my character could be allied eventually with the Order of the First Star... how would I pull off the backstory though... could the character be one of Orpheus's angels who end up being convinced by a human mage from the Order?

In any case, thanks for replying! I'm indecisive, so I might consider this option a little more.

@dreams

Hrmmm. I guess the main problem here is with the setting of Inu Yasha, what I'll probably be aiming for is a youkai that has empathy and can do seals, and a human that can control water and wind, when the other way around would probably be easier or more usual. What do you think?
 , I see your dilemma! Honestly, while it's possible for a miko to be possessed by a youkai and be capable of seals and have "youkai" abilities, usually these miko are "dark miko" with selfish/evil hearts and intentions. You might could do a human who is the reincarnation of storm god, though the youkai could naturally have empathy as an ability, and, maybe, inherit the "sealing" from a miko/monk parent. However, it would probably be easier to do as you mentioned and reverse it, with the human being a miko/monk and the other being a storm youkai. Though, if you'd like to combine the two, you could always do a hanyou who is the offspring of a miko and a storm youkai, which would allow your character to inherit a bit of both abilities and be able to perform both. 

it's all up to you and what would fit best for the character. Some of these suggestions might be trickier than others, but they are all doable given the right approach and the creative eye. If you have any questions or any road-bumps, I don't mind helping fill in the gaps. I hope the ideas I've provided will be able to help you narrow things down!

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
You're probably looking for an OC site but just gonnna throw it out here: live-action is allowed in Heavensfall (Katya/Jin site, you know the drill.) We already have Kamen Rider characters.

If you're not into panfandom though, nothing else I can do :pensive: Love your babies and I wish they do get a home. I miss Justitia in particular :sob:

oops forgot site link: heavensfall.jcink.net/index.php
last edit on Dec 25, 2018 7:21:28 GMT by Deleted
375written posts
watcherearned bits
offlinecurrently
watcher
watcher Avatar

Taaaanz =w=

I did say that I have an aversion to panfandoms, but I've never really tried them, and I guess for quite a while I haven't been that attached to a particular fandom to care about roleplaying canon characters. Might give it a stab with Kamen Rider characters, then... maybe, we'll see.

I miss Justitia too /bricked
pronounsShe-Her
99written posts
Elaysaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Elaysa
Elaysa Avatar
I'm actually a cat person
I was debating whether I should reply to this site search or not, but, oh well, let's try to give this a shot. 

Home โœฟ Premise โœฟ The Clans โœฟ Magic โœฟ Advertising

Setsunai is a historical fantasy roleplay that takes place in 16th century Japan in the heated era of warring states, aka the Sengoku Jidai. Our plot mainly revolves around political disputes between three major clans (Tokugawa, Toyotomi and Oda) and their conquest for local power. The site sometimes gains inspiration from some real historical events and then twists them to spice things up a bit. Our second part of the plot involves mythical creatures from Japanese folklore (=yokai) and their shenanigans. In short, our site is basically about samurai fighting with one other, plus some spirits and mythological beings doing stuff. A mix of Japanese history and folklore.

We mostly do not approve supernatural powers for human characters (only yokai are allowed to use magic), but we also have these onmyoji characters who are essentially priests or mages. Onmyoji characters are able to communicate with the spirits, summon them, seal them, control them, and all that fun stuff.

The site has been around for over a month. The community isn't very big, but it's very friendly and accepting. If you wish to give Setsunai a shot, we'll be happy to have you ^-^ Nevertheless, I hope you'll eventually find the site you're looking for C: