i'll go almost anywhere to find where i belong

375written posts
watcherearned bits
offlinecurrently
watcher
watcher Avatar
Ah, wow, new replies, although I've seen those sites before... let's see...

In Setsunai, could a youkai transform into a human and forget that they were a youkai? Or maybe a kami could work better, although that might be too strong... maybe you could see where I'm going here considering my initial description of the character...

Mrmmm... I've had reservations because of how the site's advertised as a soulmate roleplay--- what does it mean to be bound by Fate? Could a Kismet have two true names... or have a fake true name of sorts? Since it's not at the point of his story yet... would that mean I need to write two characters? XD

In any case, although I have doubts about these, thanks for the attention XD
pronounsShe-Her
99written posts
Elaysaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Elaysa
Elaysa Avatar
I'm actually a cat person

Shapeshifting is actually the most common ability yokai tend to have. So, there's no problem in your yokai character taking a form of someone else and then forgetting that they were a yokai in the first place. In fact, I think it would be really interesting to see a character of this kind ^.^

I went over Rhyme's character description again and you stated that you'd like him to have a strong sense of empathy. I don't see this as a problem either, considering that I myself have a human character who's very empathetic toward others. 

As for kami characters, they are currently unavailable to create. They might become available in the nearby future, we'll see. Just to clarify, kami is basically a "god" in Setsunai's settings. I simply define kami as "spirits that are worshipped by humans," because one yokai is more powerful than other and it's difficult to exactly draw the line how much powerful a yokai must be to be considered a kami. Nevertheless, I don't think it's necessary to make your character a kami, because his abilities seem fairly reasonable. ^^

I hope that answers your questions c: 
375written posts
watcherearned bits
offlinecurrently
watcher
watcher Avatar

That does answers my questions, thank you. Seems like I probably can do him but some of my other funky characters probably won't fit since only youkai have fantastical abilities, from what I can tell? Either way, I'm considering it and thanks again.

Mmmrrrrgh. After thinking about it, I feel like it'll be hard to pull him off in your site, sorry. Thanks for the invite, though!

Hrm. How do you think I could pull off Rhyme? I'm not really sure what race he'd fit in... my knee-jerk reaction was Divine, but that's event only and seem less spiritual and more winged and shiny than what I think an angel would be. Fairies can't really pass off as humans for extended periods of time, unless some sort of magic allows the fairy to become a human for Rhyme's backstory? And I'm a bit confused on how powers are limited. Could also make a new race but not sure...
pronounshe/him
585written posts
offlinecurrently
nox, the HR department
Administrator
nox, the HR department Avatar
I'm sorry to sound rude if I do but I don't even know how to word this. Have you considered adapting Rhyme to a site instead of having sites adapt to Rhyme? It seems the things you want are way too awfully specific for you to not have its own site or force on a special exclusion that no other sites have. You could certainly try this character in sites filled with other legends but the request you're making comes off as wanting to be the main protagonist, the site's spotlight/plot or an anime. I understand that you want someone who is trying to continue the legacy of a powerful magician but the form of precognition you seem to want leans towards the metagame you're afraid of avoiding. As mentioned, it's totally okay for you to want to predict what someone is but that's really not a power unless you're also wanting to guarantee that's what they do.

My point is that it's okay if you have a backstory. But this site search is really only going to yield the most optimal results for what you want if you find some form of compromise to what you want or pursuing a site yourself. I want to help you find Rhyme a home, especially after watching you try so hard to find somewhere :P
375written posts
watcherearned bits
offlinecurrently
watcher
watcher Avatar

Ow, that hurts, haha.

I'm not asking sites to adapt to Rhyme (although a sandbox site that allows creation of backstory lore would be great), and I'm aware that there's a very good chance I won't find any site to him. There are some sites that have been posted on this thread where Rhyme could work, but I'm hesitating on them for one reason or another. I am considering adapting Rhyme to sites--- some of the ones that have posted here, and as you probably know, Plus Plus--- although at the same time I'm worried that his nature would be too far from what I've been thinking, which had happened before, and lead me to completely lose muse for that iteration of the character. On the other hand, I have encountered sites before that accepted Rhyme, precognition and all, although of course all those sites are dead now, with the passing of time and the interest of people. I'm kinda old after all.

On the subject of precognition, it is one of my gripes about sites that have characters with supernatural abilities--- why can't an ability be about foretelling the future? It does have the pitfall of possible metagaming, but can't the roleplayers talk about things beforehand? What's more, Rhyme's version of precognition isn't even a peek into the future--- it is knowing the intent of the people he encounters, and intent can differ quite vastly from consequence. But oh well. I suppose people are rightly cautious of things, at the expense of creativity.

Speaking of Plus Plus, even though I've already talked a bit to you about this, do you think Rhyme could work as two characters--- the shaman and the spirit? The shaman could be a reincarnation of a shaman from super long ago and the spirit is the same one from long ago, that's what I've been thinking. Kinda apprehensive now about how the abilities would be received with your opinion, though, and I kinda want to come up with a link to the past... maybe the shaman's past reincarnation knew the Shaman King?

Also, a note that this thread is also for looking for a superhero site, and recently, a Pokemon site XP I'm probably going to be happy to get even just one. XD
last edit on Mar 1, 2019 8:25:08 GMT by watcher
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.