gimmickearned bits
offlinecurrently
gimmick
Part of the Furniture
gimmick Avatar
All birds and men are sure to die but songs may live forever
Kuroya Avatar
................... a his dark materials site but with pokemon as the daimons

THIS. I've been saying this since for forever and I'm glad to know I didn't miss out in the intervening years.
the waking storm
aliasLuxu, TenebraeQueene
pronounsShe/They
313written posts
Galeforceearned bits
offlinecurrently
Galeforce
Galeforce Avatar
covered in scars but roses are coming through the cracks
okay, hear me out: isekai/trapped in a vrmmorpg - but with superheroes.

a new game comes out set in a modern near perfect replication of our earth, but with super powers, demons, angels, aliens, whatever force/faction that comes from comic book settings. players start as either hero, villain, or freelancer (aka neutral), and do all sorts of missions to gain in game fame/fortune. the game is highly popular with a vast community, with various activities such as base building, raids, pvp, heists (for villains), 'save hostages' (for heroes), 'do either' (for freelancers) and tons of mini games.

its basically a massive sandbox with advanced npc ai who can learn and grow but are unable to perceive the game is well, a game - they just know the players are 'special'. some bamboozle happens and the playerbase is trapped in said game with no clue how to log out or beat it and it just becomes their new life/home. lol.

there'd also be like, expansions/updates (which players can see on their status screen via 'game news') because either the developers are dicks or wanna make the game as comfortable/fun as possible for the people trapped in it.

(plot twist for me personally would be that they were summoned to another universe as their avatars with game mechanics or something dumb but lol ignore me)

i'd call it power trip, but that's just me.
last edit on Dec 5, 2019 20:41:08 GMT by Galeforce
pronounsshe/he/they
190written posts
saltyearned bits
offlinecurrently
salty
salty Avatar
ever on and on, i continue circling
Galeforce Avatar

a new game comes out set in a modern near perfect replication of our earth, but with super powers, demons, angels, aliens, whatever force/faction that comes from comic book settings. players start as either hero, villain, or freelancer (aka neutral), and do all sorts of missions to gain in game fame/fortune. the game is highly popular with a vast community, with various activities such as base building, raids, pvp, heists (for villains), 'save hostages' (for heroes), 'do either' (for freelancers) and tons of mini games.

its basically a massive sandbox with advanced npc ai who can learn and grow but are unable to perceive the game is well, a game - they just know the players are 'special'. some bamboozle happens and the playerbase is trapped in said game with no clue how to log out or beat it and it just becomes their new life/home. lol.

there'd also be like, expansions/updates (which players can see on their status screen via 'game news') because either the developers are dicks or wanna make the game as comfortable/fun as possible for the people trapped in it.

(plot twist for me personally would be that they were summoned to another universe as their avatars with game mechanics or something dumb but lol ignore me)

oh wow honestly, this sounds super cool :O
the waking storm
pronounsShe/They
313written posts
Galeforceearned bits
offlinecurrently
Galeforce
Galeforce Avatar
i couldn't do this site myself, hence why it's an interest check xD i wanna see if others are interesting in making it lol. i also know nothing about stats cause math hates me orz but thanks for the info!

thank! :D it was an idea i had a year or two ago but wasn't able to work on due to lack of skill/knowledge. ;w; hope someone picks up the idea instead!
last edit on Dec 5, 2019 22:40:09 GMT by Galeforce
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,705written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
Galeforce Avatar

This makes me think of that 2000s MMO City of Heroes. Which I never got to play because I was young and it required a subscription but from the gameplay I've seen it looked really fun.

I really love the idea though, and it's a refreshing take on the superhero and mmo stuff. I wish that I had the time / capabilities to make the site and do it justice.

the waking storm
pronounsShe/They
313written posts
Galeforceearned bits
offlinecurrently
Galeforce
Galeforce Avatar
actually there's a private server that's been up since this summer called City of Heroes: Homecoming! So you can still play it! I do occasionally! Since I never got to play it as a kid either due to the same exact reason xD but thank you, i wish you could too! but i understand you have other things! thanks anyways! ^^
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,511written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
Okay, but is anyone gonna make the Promare site, or am I just gonna have to do everything myself -
107written posts
lyreearned bits
offlinecurrently
lyre
lyre Avatar
phoenix wright: ace attorney but, like, dry af.

i want to rp collecting evidence and checking it for admissibility, preparing court documents with a team of solicitors and paralegals, ending with a trial with examination and cross-examination of witnesses, etc.
last edit on Dec 10, 2019 17:46:47 GMT by lyre