pronounshe/him
882written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
onlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
we will have peace at any cost
i want...a skin with a sidebar again...so that way the post space itself is tighter (and thus to me looks neater) but also with a smol mini profile BUT ALSO i know it might look cluttered but consider this: im so tired of these big, wide forum skins and i just want something small again...

either way, it's time to start coding again even if it's just for meeee

Now serving!
แ••( แ› )แ•—
aliasthat bitch.
pronouns"that bitch" still works tbh (any OK!)
551written posts
selkieearned bits
offlinecurrently
selkie
Part of the Furniture
selkie Avatar
a verb in perfect view.
every single time i learn something new about display: grid; i subsequently become enraged about how many hours of my life i could have saved if i knew how to use display: grid;

anyway learn css grid
last edit on Dec 8, 2020 2:01:25 GMT by selkie
weeping omens advertisement

all my proboards templates require the style tags plugin!
211written posts
sielearned bits
offlinecurrently
siel
siel Avatar
selkie Avatar
every single time i learn something new about display: grid; i subsequently become enraged about how many hours of my life i could have saved if i knew how to use display: grid;

anyway learn css grid

can confirm css grid feels like a cheat code. learn flexbox too and you'll feel like you're going through a magical girl transformation. i never worry about vertically centering shit anymore
370written posts
elliearned bits
offlinecurrently
elli
elli Avatar
*pounds fists on table* You kids these days, with your Flexbox and Grid. Back in 2008, we had to use positioning and negative margins to vertically center shit and WE LIKED IT!

no we didn't
last edit on Dec 8, 2020 22:25:31 GMT by elli
After over 17 years, I've decided to move on from ProBoards. If you need to contact me, find me on my website.
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,511written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
elli Avatar
*pounds fists on table* You kids these days, with your Flexbox and Grid. Back in 2008, we had to use positioning and negative margins to vertically center shit and WE LIKED IT!

no we didn't

You can pry the flexbox and grid from my COLD DEAD HANDS. Now that I have acquired the forbidden knowledge, I'm not touching another table in my LIFE.
frog on the floor
pronounsany
1,511written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
I like to name templates after songs I enjoy/am particularly excited about at the time of coding them, but sometimes, I'm like. "Is this idea worthy of this song? Should I save this song for a later, cooler template?" ... And then I just never end up using that song, so wHAT'S THE POINT????
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,237written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
i find it super disorienting when the navigation bar is anywhere but at the top of the screen

like, don't get me wrong, it's kind of cool to see it on the side or at the bottom but. i've been trained for so many years to look for it at the top that it throws me for such a loop when it's not there, to the point that i actually really don't like it as a design choice because of that disorientation tbeh-
last edit on Dec 26, 2020 2:01:07 GMT by Kuroya

phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,237written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
i have a handful of half-finished skin mockups that i've lost all concept of how i would even remotely finish them into a cohesive design, and it makes me sad because they're honestly super cute but i just.... don't have anything for them

(they're also somewhat locked into their original projects because of some of the aspects of their design and oh no that's a problem-)

frog on the floor
pronounsany
1,511written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
I don't do mockups simply because it is faster for me to just code whatever I'd be mocking up than it is to do the mockup. *sobs* Cut to me spending ten minutes trying to get a circular icon in my image, then cut to me again taking .3 seconds to add 'border-radius:100%;' to my image tags.
the endless hunt
aliasleto, blobert, crow
pronounshe / they
1,381written posts
ullaearned bits
offlinecurrently
ulla
Administrator
ulla Avatar
in turning divine, we tangle endlessly
pharaoh leap Avatar
I don't do mockups simply because it is faster for me to just code whatever I'd be mocking up than it is to do the mockup. *sobs* Cut to me spending ten minutes trying to get a circular icon in my image, then cut to me again taking .3 seconds to add 'border-radius:100%;' to my image tags.

i have a version of mockups called "scribble into my notebook" which is mostly just an illegible amalgamation of quickly sketched shapes that i'm pretty sure only i understand
แ••( แ› )แ•—
aliasthat bitch.
pronouns"that bitch" still works tbh (any OK!)
551written posts
selkieearned bits
offlinecurrently
selkie
Part of the Furniture
selkie Avatar
a verb in perfect view.
ulla Avatar

i have a version of mockups called "scribble into my notebook" which is mostly just an illegible amalgamation of quickly sketched shapes that i'm pretty sure only i understand
this but with mouse mspaint drawings

this is your brain on css:

remind me to add finished product comparisons when this skin's done it'll be funny
weeping omens advertisement

all my proboards templates require the style tags plugin!
frog on the floor
pronounsany
1,511written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
gimmick Avatar
Is it the making mock-ups thatโ€™s slow, or the software not being meant for mock-ups

Both -
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW