write a reply

Positive shoutouts!

pronounsshe/her
156written posts
Macchiatoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Macchiato
Macchiato Avatar
Just a nice thread to share some positivity. 

Is there a member or staff you love? A cool plot you're currently a part of or excited for? A site you absolutely love? Whatever it is that's making you excited for RP, say it LOUD AND PROUD!

FOR ME? I'm happy right now cause I'm writing an insanely pivotal plot point for both of my characters. Super excited to see how it all shakes up.
last edit on May 23, 2023 21:50:56 GMT by Macchiato
aliashannyfish
pronounsshe/they
140written posts
hannyearned bits
offlinecurrently
hanny
hanny Avatar
on the rain-soaked veranda, a small rainbow at your feet.
Genuinely in love with my current site now. I have a whole lot of free time at work which means way too much time for writing, but I've genuinely not had so much passion for actually writing and developing my characters in a hot minute and I think the community we have is a key reason for that <3

ashes to ashes, dust to dust
pronounsshe/her
156written posts
Macchiatoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Macchiato
Macchiato Avatar
hanny Avatar
Genuinely in love with my current site now. I have a whole lot of free time at work which means way too much time for writing, but I've genuinely not had so much passion for actually writing and developing my characters in a hot minute and I think the community we have is a key reason for that <3
I love that for you!! I think a good community is all anyone needs to rediscover their love of writing. 
pronounsshe/her
151written posts
shanimalearned bits
offlinecurrently
shanimal
shanimal Avatar
of course i am for peace, of course i am for peace. one that suits me.
shout out to all pixel perfect staff for keeping this resource alive for so long and for a good while to come! it's not easy work and you guys are appreciated.

pronounsshe/her
195written posts
scarletearned bits
offlinecurrently
scarlet
scarlet Avatar
One of my favorite things to do when I was a mod was I'd surprise members with storylines. I'd carefully build little plot crumbs that built to a wider narrative, and then I'd love getting to see people's excited reactions when those stories finally went live.

This is the first time in a long time I've been on the receiving end of plotting like that, and it's been really, really fun not knowing what's going to happen next.
aliasAerie, badmin, insert profanity
pronounsShe/They
139written posts
Aerieearned bits
offlinecurrently
Aerie
Aerie Avatar
sometimes we ball, sometimes we fall.
AYO A POSITIVITY THREAD? LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i love literally everyone i role play and plot with. i can't tell you how wholesome it is to have people in a community see something negative happen and literally take time out of their day to reach out to you to check on you.

like wtf? kindness? in my 2023 rpc? ? ?

it's a vibe is all i'm saying
last edit on May 26, 2023 11:53:48 GMT by Aerie
pronounsshe/her
179written posts
hellsyearned bits
offlinecurrently
hellsy
hellsy Avatar
Why do we sleep where we want to hide?
I stay loving random pairing events. They don't always knock it out of the park, but the number of people I get to meet and RP with that I might have missed the chance to do so otherwise is wonderful. Last few sites I stayed blessed and the threads were hella enjoyable and launched into a good plotline overall. I am grateful for the excuse to meet new members of the community with a prompt and no pressure. <3
aliasAerie, badmin, insert profanity
pronounsShe/They
139written posts
Aerieearned bits
offlinecurrently
Aerie
Aerie Avatar
sometimes we ball, sometimes we fall.
shoutout to everyone trying new things in writing and stepping out of your comfort zone. When I see it, I notice a remarkable elevation in writing quality (even in cases where I thought it couldn't possibly go higher) and it really sets a goal for me to improve myself.
the chalk prince
aliasrook
pronounsthey / them
924written posts
citrinitasearned bits
offlinecurrently
citrinitas
Part of the Furniture
citrinitas Avatar
i still fall for you like suns do for skies.
this one goes out to all of those who treat staff like people. it's really nice when people remember that this is a hobby, and that staff are just hobbyists like you only with the added title of staff and access to the controls behind the scenes. i promise we're not gonna bite. i promise i won't bite! i would also like to personally thank everyone who has complimented me thus far on the work i've done (if you know, you know). it has been very heartwarming hearing everyone and just, weh. thank you!

pronounsShe/He/They
22written posts
iotaearned bits
offlinecurrently
iota
iota Avatar
Feel free to ping me! Unless mean or heated... then please don't ping me, for I am a cowardly cat.
I love my members/friends. They are perfect in their imperfectly perfect ways. Q Q
I've come to notice from reading around forums like this one or just hanging in other servers that there's a sort of toxic expectations of staff members in the RP community that didn't really exist when I was younger (when we were younger). There's a lot of importance on "professionalism" and "catering to the customer" (the customer being the RPer), and generally people forgetting that staff of site aren't professional XYZ, they're just regular players who volunteer to maintain a site to keep it in order.

While I have come across members who have that perspective, I'm both proud and grateful to say that most of my members are really understanding. They realise I'm not a "professional," that I'm just like them - an RPer who wants to RP! So, if I need to take a break, they're cool with it. If I make a mistake, they usually understand.

I'm so grateful to have people like them in my life. c:

Also a special shout out to my mods who keep me sane when things aren't so fluffy and sparkly! I probably would've stopped staffing a while ago if it wasn't for them supporting me so much. I've caused them a lot of stress, but they still stick with me. Q Q <3
the chalk prince
aliasrook
pronounsthey / them
924written posts
citrinitasearned bits
offlinecurrently
citrinitas
Part of the Furniture
citrinitas Avatar
i still fall for you like suns do for skies.
shout out to all the friends i've made since 2020. i understand that 2020 was a particularly hard year for every single person and for more reasons than just one too. it's no secret that it was a year that left a lasting impression on all of us, both inside roleplay and outside of it. but knowing that people are still capable of being good, despite all of that, it's restored a lot of my faith in humanity.

to the people that i've met, stayed in contact or lost otherwise, i'm very glad to have met you. i'm lucky to have had the chance to have you in my life, even if it was for a brief period of time! i'm honored to live in the same time period as everyone i've met.

thank you <3
aliasAsk me~
pronounsHe or They
174written posts
Wraithearned bits
offlinecurrently
Wraith
Wraith Avatar
There's hope beyond this lone abyss.
I could do more shoutouts, I couldnโ€™t possibly cover them all, but Iโ€™ll try!

But I especially want to extend positivity to the past members of my previous RP forums who made friend groups of their own out of them. Itโ€™s such a joy cultivating communities where connections and friends can be made, even after the forum dies.

Shoutout to the RP partner recently who simply told me that they lost interest in the roleplay, itโ€™s the kind of honesty and communication I deeply appreciate from anyone.

Whenever I think about my RP experiences, I realize I have more positive than negative, even if the negative do especially stand out. So, all my love to the people Iโ€™m currently writing with, anywhere. Iโ€™m having a blast returning to RP recently and I really hope life doesnโ€™t wash over me like it did last time and pull me away from online communities. Even if it does, odds are Iโ€™ll come back.

Shoutout to the friend group I made on MSN well over 10 years ago now, where we schemed and made silly jokes and made RPs based on our silly jokes. I miss you all, and Iโ€™m so glad Iโ€™m still on good terms with one of you. Despite what happened with the group and any feelings regarding how I suddenly vanished from it all one day, I wouldnโ€™t trade the connections we made back then for anything, and I hope you all are well, wherever you all.

Shoutout to anyone who has ever reached out to me for anything, who communicated their joy or issues in regard to anything Iโ€™ve written. Iโ€™ve grown a lot as a person and as a writer over the years, thanks to even the briefest of connections Iโ€™ve made on forums long dead.

Catscape Meow!