inkearned bits
offlinecurrently
ink
ink Avatar
lovelorn Avatar
  • rp please for the love of god actually rp
  • reconnect with old rp friends/make new rp friends
  • that's it
YEAH ASSHOLE START RPING (for any admins reading this i mean it lovingly)(for any lovelorns reading this no i don't)

uh. yeah i wanna rp. but i also wanna start saying no to stuff that don't fill me with a burning passion to rapidfire. i also want to write more new characters! especially extreme npc side characters that nobody gaf about if i didn't constantly try to find threads for them.
last edit on Dec 7, 2023 3:06:25 GMT by ink
aliasAerie, badmin, insert profanity
pronounsShe/They
139written posts
Aerieearned bits
offlinecurrently
Aerie
Aerie Avatar
sometimes we ball, sometimes we fall.

• Write good stories
  • Kick bad vibes posthaste; no more people-pleasing
  • Write good stories
  • Tell my rp friends I love them more often
  • Write good stories
  • Ignore the white noise
  • Write good stories
  • Stop being so self-critical
  • Write good stories

Seriously. I want this year to be about writing for all of us, no matter what site you're on or what friend group you're on. I want to peek in on a site and see WRITING—just tons of WRITING. We are the animanga rp community here. We can make it thrive.
pronounsThey
3written posts
tipsytervyearned bits
offlinecurrently
tipsytervy
tipsytervy Avatar
I don't post much, but these are fun threads. c:

1) Like others, just more roleplay in general. can't have enough.
2) Make more goofy characters. Serious characters are great but that can be a brain melt sometimes. Sometimes just having something goofy is good and like hearted.
3) Find a new site. It's been a few months, but I've been just so busy lately I've been on few-month break.
4) Not just on RP sites, but IRL as well - take criticism when asked for. I'm an adult, I can take it, I promise. *nod*
139written posts
Stallasearned bits
offlinecurrently
Stallas
Stallas Avatar
ACT IV: HOOLIGAN TALES
- RP. I've been on hiatus x hiatus because apparently when I RP too hard my SO gets lonely, so how sway
- I'm in my hooligan tales era. I just want to be that person on the periphery who doesn't talk much but uses a whacky fc or whose character says whacky things and generally acts unpredictable circa 2015. Will they fight? Will they fuck?? Will they defenestrate the previous BBEG, ushering in a new era of affably evil???
aliasAsk me~
pronounsHe or They
174written posts
Wraithearned bits
offlinecurrently
Wraith
Wraith Avatar
There's hope beyond this lone abyss.
  • I returned to RP this year, pretty much in the middle of the year, so I think a main goal here is to stick to it! Keep writing, with new people and the people I have already written with. It’s been going well, so, I want to keep it up. 
  • Be more active in approaching people and joinning sites. Do it scared.
  • Make even more open threads like it’s 2013.
  • Secret fourth thing and more
last edit on Dec 8, 2023 0:14:46 GMT by Wraith
Catscape Meow!
pronounsthey/them
185written posts
inkearned bits
offlinecurrently
ink
ink Avatar
Stallas Avatar
- RP. I've been on hiatus x hiatus because apparently when I RP too hard my SO gets lonely, so how sway
- I'm in my hooligan tales era. I just want to be that person on the periphery who doesn't talk much but uses a whacky fc or whose character says whacky things and generally acts unpredictable circa 2015. Will they fight? Will they fuck?? Will they defenestrate the previous BBEG, ushering in a new era of affably evil???
make your SO rp. i wanna see their ocs
pronounsshe/her
195written posts
scarletearned bits
offlinecurrently
scarlet
scarlet Avatar
Hmmm let's see... Things I'd like to do in 2023.

• Complete my first big mega-thread event. In progress!
  • Widen and diversify my writing group.
  • Push site conflict in some significant way. I'm a bit shy about this, but I want to get better at it!
  • Be more unapologetically invested in my storylines, and braver about directly asking for the things I want. (Reminder to self: It's okay for people to say no, but if you don't ask for something, you'll never get it!)
  • Take storytelling risks and embrace messiness, instead of always taking safe plays.
  • Stop worrying so much what other people think, and prioritize what I think. Because my roleplay is for me first and foremost.
  • Make a successful alt for the other faction. Just one alt. (This is probably the resolution I will fail, tbh.)

Woo, I succeeded at everything except the successful alt! (I think I've just accepted I'm a solo character girlie. My alts? Dead on arrival.)

Let's do some fun goals for 2024!
  • Successfully build on the story foundations I've set in 2023.
  • MORE interfaction conflict! We're addicted now.
  • Love triangles and/or pentagons!
  • Encouraging more new members in their stories, and inviting more into my stories.
  • As much IC drama as I can possibly muster.

aliaskat
pronounsshe/her
96written posts
katearned bits
offlinecurrently
kat
kat Avatar
i think i accomplished most of my 2023 goals... some more than others. it's been an insanely busy year (and mostly for good reasons!) so roleplay has had to find a new place in my life. i'm not able to post crazy amounts of threads with every character i love on a site (which sucks, because i love all of them on the site i'm currently on), but it's also been a good outlet to focus on when i need a couple hours to drill down into something that doesn't have super serious stakes.

- keep my peace. think a big part of 2023 was finding it, even though it wasn't explicitly a goal for this year. lbr for a split second, sometimes being in the roleplay community comes with so much irrelevant & unnecessary shit that it makes you feel sick. i've been free of that and it's made writing so much more fulfilling.

- strike a proper balance between quality & consistency. i feel like i can get stuck in the habit of only wanting to do joke threads when i'm stressed/busy, and only writing serious prose when i have hours free to sit and comtemplate it. there's definitely a compromise that's possible when it comes to being comfortable uploading "imperfect" posts that are still serious/full of effort. in general i am Not Great about having muse when life is hectic, but there's been times when taking an hour or two daily to write despite everything was really important to keeping me level.

- read more... this is the first year i didn't really have time to set a real reading goal and stick to it. but how much/whether or not you read really does show in your writing, and i think mine has kinda suffered for that this year oops lol. part of this is that i've been busy and part of it is that i don't like to spend a ton of time alone irl, which doesn't leave much room for reading.

- make even more long-lasting friendships. has been a great part of roleplaying for the last two years... the start of 2024 will mark two years since i returned to forum rp! there's still a lot of realms of the community idk, and more progression to be made with the people i've met.

ok some less vague wishy-washy goals:

- character death. either my own or participating in the death of someone close to my own character. this is, like, the dream to write isn't it...

- follow all the way through on an overarching plot. lots of things set up this year... think making a lot of progress at least is possible in 2024.

- stick to having a second character and make her actually... relevant for once. i'm awful about writing more than one character but i really like my current alt so... gotta power thru. (idk how people maintain 4-5 characters at once, you astound me...)

- wedding(?) wedding? write a ... wedding?
last edit on Dec 8, 2023 3:21:32 GMT by kat

hover @kagoya1219 twit
icon 'heart breaker' manhwa
kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,333written posts
offlinecurrently
💖 ❇️ baa ~ dumm! ❇️ 💖 Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
Stallas Avatar
ink Avatar
He skipped every cutscene in every story-based game that you loved, and hence can't be trusted.
He has funny OCs in tabletop campaigns though.

Weirdly enough... I can relate.

I don't skip every cutscene BUT there are games that I just don't get emotionally invested into, and they're typically games that are meant for you to. Could not get into any characters from Stardew Valley, Dragon Age, Undertale, Divinity 2/Baldur's Gate. I just embrace the aspects I like about them and I sort of prefer making my own story in my head. Yet, there are plenty of stories out there that makes me cry easily.

I also know of a streamer who is also a voice actor and is notorious for skipping cutscenes. Until he got deeply invested in Fear and Hunger and is somehow reading everything and even explaining its deep lore when he can barely survive 6 seconds of cutscenes before that. So maybe your SO is fated to play a game one day whose cutscenes they'll never skip...

pronounsthey/them
185written posts
inkearned bits
offlinecurrently
ink
ink Avatar
Stallas Avatar
ink Avatar
He skipped every cutscene in every story-based game that you loved, and hence can't be trusted.
He has funny OCs in tabletop campaigns though.
make him bring the funny ones
aliasnikki/nikz
pronounsshe, they
76written posts
hotaryuearned bits
offlinecurrently
hotaryu
hotaryu Avatar
one day!
2024:
- open my first jcink site and get that premium in the bag (we're still in the process of heavy editing)
- have my girls kiss girls and let the boys kiss more boys
- make more RP friends
- save up so I can get a facial/get something that would lessen my moon face
-RP a villain character
- learn to code dohtml and a skin
- take it MORE EASILY
- set more healthy boundaries with people on RP, work and life
last edit on Dec 9, 2023 13:38:33 GMT by hotaryu

the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
707written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.
+ finish more character arcs. ive managed to complete a couple by the end of this year, which i'm hella proud of, and have opened up the stage for at least two i'd really really want to see through and/or complete next year because the sheer daydream haze of their point a/present vs point b/endgame makes me very emo, so definitely complete more arcs.

+ talk with more people. my npc energy and inconsistent social battery tends to be the death of me more often than not, and gives me a long backlog of dms. i wanna be better about that, esp since i have an open door "you can hit me up re anything whenever" policy. so i rlly wanna improve there.

+ complete more threads. i always say i'll do this, but i feel like i get worse at that every year LMAO. i think maybe doing a number goal here would be rlly helpful so i'll take smth out of asu's book and say complete 50 (non-solo) threads by the end of next year. 

+ involve more people in bigger plots. i like to believe i'm good at this as is, thanks to dm brain and a personal tendency to just enjoy connecting everything and anything together + have been told as much by several other people, but i do love seeing big plots come together and people having their time to shine in the spotlight. so i want to do this more. mcu endgame climaxes lets go.

+ do thread caps. anyone who knows me personally will know i'm stupidly ambitious with a tendency to overextend and consistently push beyond my limits out of spite and for the sake of making things happen. it's gotten me rlly far in both rp and in life, but i rlly do need to start easing up on myself, and learn to say no or cut more often. started doing this a lot more for my sake later this year and it's genuinely been rlly helpful, so i'd like to continue that.

+ ship with more people! started taking strides in this late this year, and i'd love to continue that energy moving forward. some of the ships/near ships rlly close to my heart have been those with people i'm not major rp partners with, which i think is a good sign to try that out more now.

+ read more books. another one of those "i say i'll do every year and somehow get worse each year" but this time i think i've kicked my reading slump a fair amount to confidently make this a goal. i'll make it quantifiable too and say 30 books by end of next year?

+ not feed my own personal insecurities on my work, characters, writing, and rp ability by telling the sad tortured artist impostor syndrome brainworm at the back of my head to shut up and enjoy the ride. enough said. i've gotten WAY better at this this year than i have in previous years, and generally reached the point of my life & work where i can say i'm damn happy about the work i put out but it still crops up every once in a blue moon and gives me massive slumps, so i'm beating that baby back with a stick. 
last edit on Dec 12, 2023 5:07:10 GMT by CEL

coming soon.