aliasmany - just ask!
pronounsShe/They
203written posts
eulalieearned bits
offlinecurrently
eulalie
eulalie Avatar
Let the mighty be humbled.
Now thinking on this. My mom always agreed with me that the song 'I Get Knocked Down' had the lyrics of kissing the night away. I was in my late teens until I realized that was not what they were saying.
pronounshe/him
882written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
onlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
we will have peace at any cost
disco Avatar

+ Following the last one, I was under the assumption that because California was a few hours behind us, they could time travel. As a child, I was very distraught that they did nothing to stop 9/11.

im sorry i was 6 years old and still in bed TToTT

Now serving!
aliaskat
pronounsshe/her
96written posts
katearned bits
offlinecurrently
kat
kat Avatar
because alaska is always shown on american maps in the lower left corner (in a box) next to hawaii, i thought that alaska was an island near hawaii for some time as a child...

then someone told me it was on the canadian border and i was like ?!

hover @kagoya1219 twit
icon 'heart breaker' manhwa
pronounsking
83written posts
kaeearned bits
offlinecurrently
kae
kae Avatar
mother: you need to understand directions just in case you get lost. which way is north?
yung kae: *points forward*

*mother turns yung kae kae another direction*

mother: what direction is this?
yung kae w/ a straight face: north.

i thought north was always the direction i was facing. i know my mother was like holy fck smh.
pronounshe/him
25written posts
Rayearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ray
Ray Avatar
I have some wild childhood beliefs, whether my parents told me or I just heard it from somewhere. I have a couple funny ones that I'd like to share.

- I was told that if you don't eat your vegetables first at dinner, your stomach won't be able to digest it. I don't believe this anymore, but I still eat vegetables first at dinner (if any).

- I legit thought carrots gave you night vision. 7 Year old me was extremely devastated when they figured out it wasn't true.

- I thought the LA in "LA Fitness" was literally pronounced as "la," not as separate letters. I was laughed at a lot for that.

- I thought Canada was just another state in the US for a loooong while. Glad that got cleared up.

- I would think that every live action movie was some kind of documentary, and the events that happened really did happen. When I saw the actors/actresses in different movies, I had a bit of a crisis.

Those are just some of the funnier ones. I was a pretty stupid kid, lmao.
You can find me at:
BUILD GOD & Serene Bonds (WIP)
no angel
alias██████
pronounszimzala/bim
172written posts
ace.earned bits
offlinecurrently
ace.
ace. Avatar
I took a little piece of your heart, don't hate me.
- seeds could sprout in the stomach if eaten
- atlantis, but in the context of it being beneath the local river
- spontaneous combustion
- i truly thought i was part cat for a while and could "see in the dark" (it's an honest wonder i didn't become a furry) 
- ...communion was always hellish for me because i thought those cookies (whatever the fuck they were) were Literally some dude's flesh.
last edit on Jan 11, 2024 22:33:36 GMT by ace.
aliasThe Moustachioed Greek
pronounshe/him
202written posts
Kostearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kost
Kost Avatar
D-d-digimon!
- that live-action movies were just animated films that were REALLY well drawn (technically true lol)
- that chanting "fart fart fart" increased the chances of catching a Pokemon
- that Shanks was Luffy's father
- that Marik, Ishizu and Odion were actual Ancient Egyptians
aliasRinse, Oakey, rickrollme
pronounsShe/Her
76written posts
pancakehouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
pancakehouse
pancakehouse Avatar
SIGMAR BLESS THIS RAVAGED BODY!
As a kid, I didn't understand the luxury/need for naps. So when my grandma would make me take a nap with her, I thought it was a game. Like... to see who could catch the other "pretending" to be asleep?? Every minute or two I would SNAP my eyes open, see hers were closed, and just have a little private giggle to myself like "damn, she's good... but I'mma catch her slackin', just wait".

I thought every time I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep, she'd be crackin' her eyes open to try and catch me looking at her. Now I understand that bich was just sleepin'.

(BTW, I had no reason to think this — she did not have to "make" it a game for me to be quiet and let her nap or anything like that. I was just stupid lmao)

an original powers rp
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW