pronounsShe/Her
424written posts
luxearned bits
offlinecurrently
lux
lux Avatar
But I'm a sunflower, a little funny
Hi yaaaaa'll!

Sorry in advance if this was the wrong place to put this >.< I'm recently new to learning how to do tabs in codes, and I've figured out how to get them at the top and on the left side - is there a way to get the tabs to the right side or the bottom of the code?

Thanks loves
<3 Lia
Dark Empress
aliasYuki
pronounsshe/her
398written posts
Empress Yukiearned bits
offlinecurrently
Empress Yuki
Empress Yuki Avatar
Do you think we can be just like you?
Hi Lia! You can definitely put them on either left or below. For left tab make sure your

.NAMEtab {float: left}
so when you add the border, it will goes to the left side of your template. As for below, the same rule applies except you need to adjust the tabs on labels. This is the example of mine for a tab template i recently made. You can dissect them if you want!

last edit on Oct 12, 2018 3:34:49 GMT by Empress Yuki
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,502written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
Addy's definitely correct! Your syntax for your tabs should look a little something like so:

[PTab=[div][attr="class","CLASSNAME"]TAB NAME[/div]]

- making extra sure to put that closing "]" bracket on the end. I personally like to set divs within the PTab to position:absolute (plus a z-index over 1), since that offers a lot more freedom with where you can put the tab, alongside not having to worry about how the margins you put in affect everything else.

One thing to note is that, while tabs normally show up like this:

[PTabbedContent]
[PTab=Name]

meow

[/PTab]
[PTab=Another Tab]

woof

[/PTab]
[/PTabbedContent]

Editting margins of a div-within-the-PTab will only affect what the "text" would be, like this:

[PTabbedContent]
[PTab=
[attr="class","testingtabnames"]Name
]

meow

[/PTab]
[PTab=Another Tab]

woof

[/PTab]
[/PTabbedContent={position:relative;z-index:1;}]
[newclass=.testingtabnames]position:absolute;background-color:#f5de6e;padding:10px;margin:15px;z-index:10;[/newclass]

This means you'll have to edit the PTab's built-in classes so that they're transparent, have no padding, don't have a height, et cetera in order to avoid some blockiness with your design.
last edit on Oct 13, 2018 4:48:10 GMT by pharaoh leap
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.