Searching for somewhere new!

pronounshe/him
585written posts
offlinecurrently
nox, the HR department
Administrator
nox, the HR department Avatar
Reposting this with updated information.
Preferred Word Count: N/A (I'm fine with wordcounts or no wordcounts)

Preferred Violence Content: It doesn't have to be "EVERYONE DIES HERE!" but I'd like if violence was at least supported and borderline preferred.

Preferred Sexual Content: Not a big fan, but if my other needs are met then I can just ignore it.

Preferred Level: Intermediate+

Looking for:
From the get-go, I'm seeking animanga roleplay - which is worth mentioning because I'm posting this on multiple boards. With that being said, I would say I'm against slice-of-life but I'm truthfully not against any suggestions if the site hooks me in. I'm seeking for a community to involve myself in long-term in more than just the IC side of things so I'd really like to make sure the place I join is somewhere I can call home. Here's some things that'll stand out for me:

• I would prefer if the site was not new, but if everything else checks out then I'd be willing to join. I really want somewhere that has more than the same few people posting on multiple characters. It keeps my interactions fresh and it gives me a wide range of personalities to write with.

• I'd like a site that offers plot. I know this may seem silly but I really want somewhere that I feel like my interactions mean something whilst also giving me more to work with than a couple of sentences that introduce the plot but not any .. conflict. I'm sorry but it's hard to roleplay out characters in worlds when there's no direction outside of fighting about who gets to be the next cheerleader captain.

• Going from above, darker plots are preferred but I'm definitely okay with anything. I want to see story-telling be made possible and if your site can promote this, I will gladly stand by your side until the day you decide to close down.

• One of my biggest peeves about sites as well is that staff seem to be the only ones who get to shine in terms of characters. I understand keeping things structured and all but I need a site that allows members to grow equally as much as they want their own NPCs to. It's really disheartening when the only ones allowed to be candidates for any type of plot or high status are staff.

Genres I'd like include:

• Fantasy/sci-fi; People-with-powers is my niche but mythology, high-fantasy or even modern enhancements are super cool. Aside from my examples, this genre is a HUGE plus.
  • Post-Apocalyptic; Do I need to explain? Heckin awesome.
  • Fandom; If you do recommend a fandom for me.. please let it be one that doesn't require me to know anything about the series. I don't like being made inferior in fandom groups and it makes me leave the site as quick as I joined.

Genres I don't like include:

• Animal RP
  • Starwars, HP, Sailor Moon, and Pokemon fandom - I'm sorry.

Not Looking for:

Aside from the Genres I don't like, I'm really open-minded. Or.. I try to be. I PROMISE. So I guess my biggest dislike for sites are ones that don't involve new members. I understand veteran people are there and that new people can flock but if I have to beg for people to thread with me, it's going to be a deal breaker. I've joined a couple of sites and posted down plot threads and open threads for no reply in return.

Willing to look at other sites not listed?: Yes! Pitch your site unless it matches my Not Looking.
pronounsshe/her
81written posts
Lacunaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Lacuna
Lacuna Avatar
we're all dancing to the same sad song
I'm fairly sure you've been on Mega at some point already, but that was before we shifted staff teams, rewrote the setting/plot, and essentially restarted the site. It's more of a character-driven place now and it's been bumping. The base themes are still there, but it's like a new site.

Thought I'd drop in just in case. If not, happy hunting!

Also feel free to contact me on discord as hiraeth#4161. Can't guarantee I can respond tonight, but tomorrow for sure!
pronounsany pronouns
271written posts
forteearned bits
offlinecurrently
forte
forte Avatar
Feel free to check out Surreality. It checks most of your boxes. What may not align with what you're looking for is that our community is on the smaller side and that most of us aren't strangers to sexual content. Feel free to use the discord widget on our site if you want to pop in and say hi or dm me if you have any questions about anything.

Regardless of where you end up, I hope you find what you're looking for!
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

Hellooo, Nox~
If you donโ€™t mind, Iโ€™d love to show KD to you. ๐Ÿ˜Š Let me address your points

โ€ข By February, KD will be 1 year old

โ€ข At the moment, we have two settings: (1) The Outskirts: the outer layer of the citystate of Astrum that was quarantined off from the central part of Astrum during a plague outbreak. As itโ€™s in the desert and all of their resources were cut off, it has a very impoverished and post-apocalyptic vibe. (2) The Capital: the centre of Astrum that was protected during the quarantine. It is a highly technologically advanced city that loves holograms and internet.

โ€ข While weโ€™re not Tolkien fantasy, KD has magic. The spells at KD are supposed to be written like metaphors, similes, poetry, and so on that not only helps the caster envision their spell, but cast it. The style really depends on the character, though right now anything outside of the aforementioned (e.g. singing) is off-limits until further notice.

โ€ข That being said, we're cool with IC fighting and encourage fights. ;3 Especially spell battles, though physical/usual means is totally fine.~

โ€ข We're a soulmate RP, but soulmates at KD can be platonic (e.g. siblings, parent/child, best friends, rivals, arch enemies, etc.). They don't need to be romantic by any means, though they can be.

โ€ข Weโ€™re plot-driven. Aside from major holiday months, we almost always have a site-wide plot going on that are all rather experimental in execution. So far, members really like the threads where they can plot on their own (like any other thread) and play through it. Their characters can shine however the player portrays their character. At times, staff or the other team/faction will intervene ICly. (As staff, I also join in on events but not as staff usually. If I think the mission will be difficult or confusing, Iโ€™ll have my character act as one of those NPCs that can drop helpful clues, but other than that it really is up to their characters and their players to make the most of our events).

โ€ข Through events, certain features will be unlocked both ICly and OOCly. Though it may take a while, players can help establish the world, pretty much. At the moment, I also donโ€™t mind players/characters making holidays through IC interactions/threads.

โ€ข While we do have some elements from Loveless, weโ€™re so different from Loveless that you really donโ€™t need to know the fandom. Everything you need to know is on the site (though I am currently revamping all the information. Hoping to be done Jan 1st or early Jan the latest).

โ€ข As for involving new members: I do try to plot with all new members, but sometimes weโ€™ll have an influx and I just canโ€™t take anymore threads. I encourage both new members and seasoned members to engage one another. ๐Ÿ˜Š So far, my members seem to be very good at asking for plots, but we also like to see new members make an effort as well.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.~

last edit on Dec 24, 2018 23:00:00 GMT by Deleted
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,802written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy

Hello there~! I figured I would introduce The Duality of Man since I believe it fills your points. We're an original fantasy role-play which has been open for a little over a year now. There are quite a few role-players with a vast majority being very polite and oftentimes searching for new plots to involve their characters into. Our plot also offers plenty to work with, especially for characters who live for thousands of years. I will do my best to explain it, but there are quite a few details to work with.

Around two thousand years ago began the war which decimated the peace between species, the war between Heaven and Hell. When Akari (Heaven's Goddess) and Volos (Hell's God) began a large scale war, people began betraying one another to fight for the god they believed in. The war went down in history as the War of Traitors and was a brutal brawl which was fought on Earth, the gateway between Heaven and Hell. After two-hundred years of dealing with the war, the Earth god, Enki, was forced to search for a way to cease the destructive fighting. He spoke with both Akari and Volos, but each side refused to stop the war and bring peace to the dimensions. With little choice, Enki turned to the god of Purgatory, Thanatos. Their solution was to seal Akari and Volos to their realms, closing the gates between Hell and Heaven's gateways to Earth. They were successful, the gates being sealed so nobody could enter the dimensions and nobody could leave. After sealing the gates, Thanatos was forced to return to his realm while Enki hid away and drifted into a deep sleep. Once the gods disappeared, the species on Earth began only seeing the differences of one another, the scars of the war running deep.

Years past, the war sparked a need for a revolution in the eyes of one woman who would later be feared by all. In 1454, a woman named Zeredah stated things needed to change and promised happiness to all. At first, there were people agreeing with the statement until Zeredah displayed why people needed to fear her. The enforcers of her ideas were shadow creatures of varying shape and mutated animals with metal implements. The rules became more strict as she proceeded to explain, and while some agreed, a majority decided to fight against Zeredah. The sudden brawl was brief, but they managed to push away the sickening creatures, although, a new war was on the horizon. After her loss, Zeredah formed the Assembly of Phantoms (AP) and became more determined to spread her ideas across the globe and to fight against her, the Terror Response Syndicate (TRS) was formed. Alas, the scars of the past continue to cause fights among the TRS, with some cities, like Lorsette, wondering if they were survive the years in the future. Are you a hero or a villain? And are you prepared to show the duality of man?

As of character spotlights, I personally leave a lot of high-ranking roles in the TRS open for members to take. The only character which is controlled solely by staff is Zeredah for the purpose of starting plot-based events and to avoid somebody suddenly stating she wants peace and defusing our primary conflict entirely. Even then, she is more of a hidden character who does not interact much. We do have a few members planning plots and when plot events come up, I try to keep them open to allow mass joining from members and staff alike. This is actually due to similar pet-peeves, although, this was more geared towards site-wide plots which only invoked certain members and made it difficult for newbies to join in. For myself, it occasionally gets boring when you cannot get remotely involved in any events because you must know so and so when the said person may not be able to have a thread with you specifically so you can get involved.

Anyways, I wish you luck on your search and if TDOM does not work, that you at least find a nice place to roleplay~! c:
last edit on Dec 27, 2018 12:41:04 GMT by Chibi Magician
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.